What's new

pm on my beautiful buds 3 weeks until harvest

Yustoopit

I'm currently battling pm, and now 3 weeks until harvest they have struck again. Its minimal as of now, but I'm sure it will spread. I got the humidity down to around 20 something percent humidity. Daytime temp is at 80. I'm debating if I should use a peroxide/water solution or baking soda/water solution. All my plants are showing signs of pm and I have big beautiful bugs, what do I do? I have done research and those are probably my two options.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Or Greencure (Potassium Bicarbonate + A sticker/spreader)
But do something before it gets into the buds!

oceangrownkush

Veteran
The guy at the local hydro shop who has been growing for a couple decades always tends to recommend a sulphur burner, can't say with 100% certainty that it'll work for you but thats what he says to do.. Luckily never got it in late flower, just some early lower leaf white spots that were easily handled by Serenade.. Just one plant too...

It would be VERY irresponsible to use in flower (it will make your bud toxic) but Eagle20 is the one a lot of the more experienced growers I learn from use as a veg protocol before flower.. Obviously not an option here but next time might be good to have some on hand to douse the bitches before you have em showin their lady parts.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
1 part milk (any kind from powdered to whole fresh 2% whatever) 8 parts water. you have to apply every 4-5 days. couldn't taste or smell it in the finished product. will stink out the sprayer if you don't clean it well.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
lowering the humidity alone may not be enough to help at this late a stage though..

also in future you need more air movement like a(nother) little clip on fan maybe and more space between plants and defoliate more to aid any gusts breaking into the plants micro climate more which helps alot,, and train plants main stems with pinching or tying to stay away from each other.. a cheap 2 litre a day dehumidifier is just indispensable..

ZZTops

Veteran
I've heard Skimmed Milk in a spray bottle works pretty good for spot spraying, the enzymes in the milk kills the PM spores...

Do Not use Whole Milk as the fat in the milk will go bad...

Never had PM myself but heard this from a seasoned grower friend of mine and made note, certainly safe/cheep enough to give it a try...

S

Scrappy-doo

Not a big deal bro you can handle it easy. I've used peroxide and water before. You just gotta spray'em twice a week till harvest. For preventative measures on future crops I recommend Eagle20. I spray right before going into flower. Never seen pm since.

BrownThumb

All of the people that have suggested milk are correct. I know this from researching a Botrytis infection in a cola recently. Milk was suggested all over the place for treating flowering plants with PM, but apparently milk is also good for Bot treatment. Use the low or no fat version, it stinks less due to less fat and supposedly works as well.

Yustoopit

I just went ahead and grabbed a small can of green cure. I have to wait till the lights turn on and then hit them right before the lights go off so they will have another day to spread around or whatever, but after that its on. I heard one tablespoon per gallon of water? Thanks for all the replies. If I knew I would have tried milk.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IF u use green cure go very very very very low doseage id go closer to like 1/2tablesp or a lil less , a TEAspoon (1/3 tbs)....that shit can & willl burn the hell out of ur pistils. leaves em dark n charred, slows swelling.... b careful.
sorry 2 hear that...

T

TribalSeeds

Actinovate is another option.

The guy at the local hydro shop who has been growing for a couple decades always tends to recommend a sulphur burner, can't say with 100% certainty that it'll work for you but thats what he says to do.. Luckily never got it in late flower, just some early lower leaf white spots that were easily handled by Serenade.. Just one plant too...

It would be VERY irresponsible to use in flower (it will make your bud toxic) but Eagle20 is the one a lot of the more experienced growers I learn from use as a veg protocol before flower.. Obviously not an option here but next time might be good to have some on hand to douse the bitches before you have em showin their lady parts.

Dont ever use a burner in flower unless you wanna smoke sulphur

Not a big deal bro you can handle it easy. I've used peroxide and water before. You just gotta spray'em twice a week till harvest. For preventative measures on future crops I recommend Eagle20. I spray right before going into flower. Never seen pm since.

I dont know that E20 is safe right before flip so I wouldnt recommend it to someone else.

Relentless

Veteran
if you see it anywhere, its all over everything..
look up cervantes h202 bath.. just mix 2 cups to 5gal of water i believe.. soak the branches after harvest and the pm comes right off..
ive done it before.. but i didnt end up smokin the buds..

Yustoopit

Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually going to use 1 whole tablespoons and burn the crap out of my plants good thing I waited. If the mildew is still present when I harvest Ill try cervantes h2o2 method, I read somewhere about it and it seems a little too brutal. Hopefully I wont have to do that. After this harvest is over, how can I eliminate this problem forever?

S

SeaMaiden

1 part milk (any kind from powdered to whole fresh 2% whatever) 8 parts water. you have to apply every 4-5 days. couldn't taste or smell it in the finished product. will stink out the sprayer if you don't clean it well.

I need some bells to put on this. You can also use a peroxide. Oxidate is good and effective, IMO, but far more expensive than milk. You can also use another barrier such as JMS Stylet oil if you can get a hold of it. I personally won't use GC on my buds anymore because I can taste it, and it tastes like soap to me. Blech! My sisters used to eat soap and blow bubbles.

Yustoopit

IF u use green cure go very very very very low doseage id go closer to like 1/2tablesp or a lil less , a TEAspoon (1/3 tbs)....that shit can & willl burn the hell out of ur pistils. leaves em dark n charred, slows swelling.... b careful.
sorry 2 hear that...

Actinovate is another option.

Dont ever use a burner in flower unless you wanna smoke sulphur

I dont know that E20 is safe right before flip so I wouldnt recommend it to someone else.

if you see it anywhere, its all over everything..
look up cervantes h202 bath.. just mix 2 cups to 5gal of water i believe.. soak the branches after harvest and the pm comes right off..
ive done it before.. but i didnt end up smokin the buds..

I need some bells to put on this. You can also use a peroxide. Oxidate is good and effective, IMO, but far more expensive than milk. You can also use another barrier such as JMS Stylet oil if you can get a hold of it. I personally won't use GC on my buds anymore because I can taste it, and it tastes like soap to me. Blech! My sisters used to eat soap and blow bubbles.

You really can taste the GC? I used 1 teaspoon per gallon and sprayed the crap out of everything twice. WTF if i knew I would never have used GC. It did work though. I'm probably going to spray them down to try and dilute/rinse off any residue from the GC I sprayed on. Will the peroxide solution method harm my buds? I'm going to use peroxide or non fat milk, both cheaper than the GC I bought. Does non fat milk or peroxide have any ill effects on my buds? Thanks.

S

SeaMaiden

You really can taste the GC? I used 1 teaspoon per gallon and sprayed the crap out of everything twice. WTF if i knew I would never have used GC. It did work though. I'm probably going to spray them down to try and dilute/rinse off any residue from the GC I sprayed on. Will the peroxide solution method harm my buds? I'm going to use peroxide or non fat milk, both cheaper than the GC I bought. Does non fat milk or peroxide have any ill effects on my buds? Thanks.

I can taste it, but many others don't, which is weird considering my smell problems and all. (Bitten by a particular species of rattlesnake some years ago, did my sniffer in.) You very well may not taste it, but since I can and I hate the taste of soap, I won't use it on flowering plants anymore.

The peroxide will not harm the buds, but it may burn pistils. However, once it's all said and done you won't be able to tell the difference between a pistil that died a natural death and a pistil that got burned.

The milk won't have any effect other than there might be a residue left behind. If so, then a day or two before chop, just rinse the plants off.