What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your access has been denied

Terroir

Quite a few folks in the aussie section cant get on and all are experiencing the same problem.

Whats up. I thought i was banned for a while. WEve had to go over to proxy servers to get access to ICMAG.

PLease see thread in Australian section.

Skip

Veteran
I've unblocked a couple of Aussie IP ranges now, so hopefully you folks can get in now.

Sorry for the hassle. We are trying to block spammers.

If you are still blocked, I'll need to know your IP# via PM.

Thanks to those who responded!

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
:gday:
It was probably a welcome relief having a week with reduced numbers of Aussies :)
(just ask any Brit or Kiwi) :)

ps. Skip...
Yeah but we can't PM you, cos we're blocked :) ... got a public email addy we can use? cheers

Skip

Veteran
All I need is the first two numbers from your IP address like 200.123.

You can email admin at icmag.com. OP gets those, not me, btw.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've unblocked a couple of Aussie IP ranges now, so hopefully you folks can get in now.

Sorry for the hassle. We are trying to block spammers.

Thanks to those who responded!

lol! theres your trouble,you must have turned on the vegemite filter instead of the spam blocker!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
anyone having issues please email admin @ icmag.com with the info skip asked for in his post
we will do our best to sort out your issues as quick as we can

S

sativagrower87

Same here, only Tor works for me.
about ip... What if i have dynamic IP? :dunno:

the pen

Dissidente
Veteran
Sometimes happen to me, it's for Tor, you can click on "use a new identity" in vidalia control panel to fix.

S

SeaMaiden

IP range includes the ranges of spammers, thus leading to blocking by site admin. Shoot him your IP and he'll unblock you, if I understood him correctly.

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I happened this 2-3 times lately. using tor. Panicked at first, after unlogging and logging back it was solved. I needed also to restart tor to fix it the other times. today rehappened again ouch!
i'll let you know the ip nex time.
we appreciate your work during holidayz, guys, to let us play with the site...
I know also upgrading is never completely painless...
keep it up :)
dr.p

G.O. Joe

Veteran
When using torbrowser your IP changes at times without your input. You can use the Vidalia control panel like the pen said, but you may have to do it several times. Lockouts will become more frequent for TOR users across the web as more TOR-using IP's get added to databases, since the people using TOR badly will use all IP's available until they're gone.

Maybe some people causing problems are employed by government agencies. It's what I'd do if I ran the NSA.

Skip

Veteran
More and more, governments and ISPs are monitoring those using TOR and other proxies.

DarthFader1

Veteran
So just to confirm this is not something to be concerned about in terms of privacy breaches? I was blocked for about 2 weeks only last couple days ive been able to get back on..

I was a bit concerned at first it was my ISP blocking my activity :((

Latest posts

Latest posts