What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor organic BOG Sour Bubble 600W

El Bandito

Hello IC! Having lived through my first attempt at growing, I am anxious to give it another go. My first stab was outdoors, and this time I am bringing it indoors. Sort of.

I have no choice but to grow in a poorly insulated garage. It rarely gets below freezing here, so I think I will be ok for the winter. I found a nice vent that goes to the crawl space under the house and planned the grow around using that for fresh air:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351183367.430352.jpg

I had an 8 inch inline duct fan and some insulated ducting, and rigged up a ghetto intake fan. It takes up more space than I'd like it to, but it's quiet and generates a steady flow of 60 degree air.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351183599.476466.jpg

I am using this space to finish drying my last two outdoor plants. Once that's done I will put in a vertical bare MH bulb and a Honeywell fan on the ground pointing straight up. I will have another fan on the ceiling pushing the hot air away. It's a big garage and for now I shouldn't need to seal the tent and use an extraction fan.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351183905.471635.jpg

I have six Sour Bubble plants from seed, as well as 4 Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk which were freebies. They are under T5's and a small cfl and should explode once I put them on bigger pots under the 600.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351184162.398227.jpg

The ultimate goal is to flower 4-6 plants in 5 gallon smarties. I use Happy Frog soil, the full Earth Juice line, and will be hand watering. I'll update once I have the room completely set up. Wish me luck!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,,well done my friend,alls looking good for the future,you might want to check out dr fevers thread,,, the great work he is doing should be right up your street,,nice one,,,peace and safe growing s2

El Bandito

Update- got everybody in 3 gallon smarties yesterday except for the single SB plant that I started a month early. Put that one in a ten gallon.

I had to trim a lot of damaged leaves yesterday after a ton of problems- neem oil burn, overwatering, temp issues, etc. the plants are looking pretty beat up but I think they will explode after this recovery period.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353275844.233809.jpg

Here's the oldest Sour Bubble in the ten gallon pot. Praying it's a female. It's been FIM'd twice and LST'd a bit.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353275972.386429.jpg

As for the Skunk x Original Haze, two of them are looking more like Haze and the other two are demonstrating indica traits. Damned cats have been sneaking in and munching the leaves :p

Sativa looking OH X S:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353276225.499253.jpg

Indica leaning OH X S:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353276262.668644.jpg

My question about the Haze is this: if it is a skunk leaning pheno, will it ripen more quickly than the haze-ish ones? I have read about 22 week flowering times with some of these and am not sure if that's the best use of my small grow area. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
This grow sounds interesting, I'll grab a seat if you don't mind...
And to answer your question, I think that the skunk leaning phenos will finish faster than the hazey ones.
Good luck with your grow !
Peace, HJ.

El Bandito

Thanks Husky. If I get a Hazey female, maybe I can keep her around and take some cuts for outdoor. We have a long hot outdoor season here and I bet these would do great.

Gotta top all the plants shortly and I am going to try to sex the cuttings under 12/12 lighting. I will be vegging for a long time this run, so identifying males early will save me some effort and nutrients.

Things are already looking more healthy in there today. Sour Bubble is a tough plant indeed.

El Bandito

Welcome kdawg! I love me some sour bubble but have never tried the Skunk OH. It's so crazy how divergent the phenos are. If I get a good sativa leaning mom, I might try growing a couple clones outside next year in enormous smart pots. I could start them indoors in the Spring and they would be monsters by November.

The plants are bouncing back and responding well to the bigger pots, along with a 2x per week feeding schedule. I have the Earth Juice bubbling away in the corner pretty much all of the time. I just topped every plant, and decided to try and use the cuttings to sex the plants. Sour Bubble is a slow vegger and since it's going to be a long time until i flower them, I figured I might as well flower the cuttings.

We'll see if it works- I just took a rapid rooter tray, removed the plugs, and covered it with foil to keep light out. The tray is on a heating mat and filled with water, and the cuts are poked into the foil. Lights are set at 10/14- just a t5.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353695555.917286.jpg

Also- a Thanksgiving miracle! Found a little seedling in a pot next to one of the plants. No idea what happened, but the taproot was 6 inches long! I put it in a cup. Looks like SxOH:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353696827.828038.jpg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
hey!
good luck on the indoor... not sure I follow your cloning method, you are trying to root in water without the rapid rooter part? or did you just cover the rooters?

good luck with the haze, i've been thinking about trying some also.

El Bandito

Water is around 80- when the lights are off it drops a few degrees. Should be an interesting experiment. All of the cuttings are still vibrant green and healthy.

I overhauled the room yesterday and built a couple of benches to make better use of the space. It helped me envision my plan for flowering. I think I can do 6 plants in 10 gallon pots, 3 on each side. I can tack webbing on the walls for support and training. I could add one more 600 watt lamp if needed.

With everything dialed in tight, I am getting more excited by the day. The oldest sour bubble plant is starting to smell wonderful.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353783392.440285.jpg

El Bandito

Things are looking a lot healthier after just a week of recovery! The leaves are healthy and shiny, and the roots are spreading out in the new pots. Temps are in the low 70's during lights on but they can go down into the low 60's during lights off. Do I need a heater to keep it above 70 at all times, or is the temp drop at night ok?

SB1 is looking so sexy. Excited to get the netting set up and start tying her down:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354136407.806575.jpg

The difference in growth rates between the SB and OHS is drastic. Since the topping last week the SB's have developed maybe an inch of growth, with 2 new leaves:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354136515.764007.jpg

Compare that to the sativa leaning OHS, which has 4 leaves and 4 inches of new growth: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354136592.187873.jpg

Here's a group shot, right before they get watered:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354136863.301763.jpg

Finally, the Thanksgiving miracle seedling is definitely OHS- sativa leaning:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354136941.413771.jpg

Now what do I do to keep myself occupied while I wait for this SB to veg???

kin_dawg

Hope that SB is a good one bro, some are better then others obviously.. You got a chance of getting something 20%THC, hope you like strong shit:D

Looking good. How are those clones looking?

El Bandito

They're growing- a couple of them have short stems and are not doing so hot, but the rest of them seem to be doing fine. Should see some preflowers soon!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Now what do I do to keep myself occupied while I wait for this SB to veg???

Dude! get started building a proper indoor space for the long haul....
you got the bug. can you spare room in your basement?

if you get it indoors you can harvest the heat from the lamps and heat your home with your indoor. you will want a decent indoor space to grow healthy starts for next years monster outdoor no?

if it gets cold there while you are flowering you might need heat during lights off so when you flip you might want the plants night to actually be daytime when it's going to be warmer in the garage.

I have been in the position of tents in the garage in the winter and it sucks to waste electricity to heat an un-insulated garage so your plants don't suffer.

myself I'm having a hard time upgrading my empty flower room at the moment.

hope you are enjoying smoking your summer crop!:dance013:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
also the temp drop won't kill them but I think it stunts them bad when it happens in the early part of flower. getting environment right is a constant problem for me.

El Bandito

Thanks for the details Chunky. Until I get a different house, I won't be able to grow inside. No basement here and we have the rest of the space in use. Looking for our first home to buy in a few months, though, and I will be building permanent veg and flower rooms once we do. Maybe I will grab a space heater in the meanwhile.