What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Africa seedbank???

idiit

Veteran
^ the la reunion (zamal) growers believe this (cannazen's above post) to be true based on their experiences from my interpretation of their posts.

dezman

Yes may be true. I am not interested in growin them anymore so if anybody is interested they can find out for themselfs. I will be very happy if somebody can turn the piss into wine hehehe.

CannaZen

Yes may be true. I am not interested in growin them anymore so if anybody is interested they can find out for themselfs. I will be very happy if somebody can turn the piss into wine hehehe.

Aye, i think i'd went full retard and did not know what i'd said, my posts are kind of silly. I really think these plants deserve attention, i think they should be explored because they really are as legit as legit is from what i can see at this point.
I don't know what you meant about catpiss, i think the seeds are from outdoors. My experience with the transkei were that had sour-grass predominance invariably, particularly dependent on growth metabolism & nitrogen intake as can be expected particularly from outdoor open pollinated "landrace" genes in my opinion.

From what I'd picked up, the plants did express intense spicy fruity sour notes. (Incidentally i watered with honey & picked up pine scents for a short duration). One of them had notes of mint during flowering while the other was initially strawberry in early growth stage. Needless to say they're not locked in like most seeds, its a metabolic response to soil-environmental conditions. I've heard about recognizing the importance of monitoring what you give to this kind of plants. Too much fertilizer?

BruceBanner

I have one Malawi Gold left from 6 seeds, 3 didn't sprout, maybe due to my lack of patience, one was hermie, one was wide leaf male, and this one female could be the right one, but she has some problems, is the soil maybe too hot and what should I do?

She smells like tangerine candy, maybe a hint of carrot

oldbootz

Veteran
Looking good. I would foliar spray with some epsom salts and see how she responds. Considering you have a landrace indoors, you're doing well!

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I'd say your plant has a zinc deficiency (probably soon a Ca, Mg, and Fe deficiency as well) most likely due to too much P (over-fertilisation). It's a 'sativa landrace' and hence isn't as hungry as the usual hybrids.
Besides, Mg deficiency is more diffuse and affects the lowest leavest and oldest whereas zinc is more blotchy/speckled and affects the upper mature leaves first and then starts affecting the young ones.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
The plant doesn't look that sick and if it were mine, I would simply cut back the nutes a little bit and leave P boosters out of the play. BTW what are you feeding her?

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Hmmm...
High organic matter content in the mix?
What's the pH of your medium?
Do you use plain (hard) tap water or RO?

BruceBanner

I'm using 1/3 of this https://www.hidroponika.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=206 and 2/3 of this https://www.baucasa.rs/artikl/substral-univerzalna-zemlja-za-cvece-5l-sc-770/ and a bit zeolite (egg shells, dried banana peels and worm casting also, but not with this Malawi Gold, I've just put a tiny bit of worm casting just in case lol)

pH value I don't know, I never check that, think it's not so important, I have always similar substrates more or less and never had any problems :)
Tap water, but it's too early for plant to be bothered with that, also never had problems with it.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Uh, I'm not fluent in Cyrillic (?) languages... sorry.
I was just wondering what could lead to the slight deficiency.
Sometimes, it's just a temporary disorder caused by climate, over-/underwatering, heat-/coldstress, repotting etc. and grows out eventually. But if it's, lets say, too much calcium in your tap water, the deficiency is likely to get worse. Time will tell and if you're not into commercial growing, there's still plenty of time to correct it if need be ;) .

BruceBanner

Okay, thanks for advice, gonna continue monitoring, and acclimatizing of this strain hehe :D

This should be landrace that doesn't like hot soil, but as I've noticed her flowering time is pretty quick like any standard strain when grown under lamps, what Idiit also noticed, btw. why is he banned?!

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Idiit has been banned? Fugg... he's a nice guy with great experience regarding heirlooms.
Maybe he violated the TOU without realising? (BTW asking for why someone has been banned is also against the TOU, not kidding ;( )

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I have one Malawi Gold left from 6 seeds, 3 didn't sprout, maybe due to my lack of patience, one was hermie, one was wide leaf male, and this one female could be the right one, but she has some problems, is the soil maybe too hot and what should I do?

She smells like tangerine candy, maybe a hint of carrot

[URL=https://preview.ibb.co/mJo3Q7/DSC03157.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://preview.ibb.co/ehnxk7/DSC03158.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://preview.ibb.co/er2V57/DSC03160.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://preview.ibb.co/daeA57/DSC03161.jpg]View Image[/url]
Looks like an iron deficiency. Iron gets locked out at a high pH. So the question is: what is your pH and have the plants been flushed?