What's new

Rare oldschool strain found...

Hello there. I was recently gifted some rare Cannabis genetics in seed form. It will be an honor to grow this strain after having the blessing from the original creator. It has been hiding in Alaska for over 30 years bred by a US ex-patriot from the Midwest. The genetics are a 1972 Colombian x Panamanian mother with a 1974 Argentinean father. It goes by the name Spice #1. We are very excited to be the first to work with this strain outside Alaska. Many thanks to the old man for allowing us to continue his life's work. :biggrin:

A little update on the Alaskan Spice. We are sexing 5 beans now. Also more info about the genetics. The Pure Colombian mother came from the state of Bolivar at an elevation of 5100 ft and is the same strain that was used in Colombian Gold. The other half of the mother, Panama Black, is quite rare I am told and from Bajo Boquete at an elevation of 3900 ft. Finally the Argentinian father came to the mix from Cerro Bonete and is a rare fast flowering Pure Sativa that grows in cold and dry climates and finishes at the elevation of 6800 ft amazingly. I was told this strain breeds true high Cannabidiol (CBD) and Cannabinol (CBN). I know the Alaska Thunderfuck carries high CBD's and from what I was informed this plant is the hidden gem of Alaska and better than the ATF aka MTF. We are the first people to ever grow this strain outside Alaska and it has never left the area. We will be testing the males and females in hopes of finding another High CBD strain. With a little luck we may have something special on our hands here. It is a blessing to be the one to bring Alaskan Spice to the world after more then 30 years in hiding. I am forever thankful for this gift and it is my duty to continue on with this line of genetics.

If anyone has any info about these strains it would be greatly appreciated??? Thanks for your time IC mag folks and looking forward to this adventure.:tiphat:

bigbag

Veteran
is the spice indoor, outdoor or both ? reeferman had an old kodiak gold line, sounds similar

Here we go again with another "i found these 20yr old plus exotic strain", posts ,with no photos,and i bet we never will,we never do!Damn this shit gets old!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why only spouting 5 seeds...HUNT THROUGH THEM! Sprout at least 20-50 at a time so you can visibly note the variations in phenotypical expressions more accurately...

dank.Frank

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Finally the Argentinian father came to the mix from Cerro Bonete and is a rare fast flowering Pure Sativa that grows in cold and dry climates and finishes at the elevation of 6800 ft amazingly. I was told this strain breeds true high Cannabidiol (CBD) and Cannabinol (CBN).

Interesting dude, im argentinian, do you know were is cerro bonete? in Mendoza? Cordoba? Tierra del Fuego?? Argentina is Enormous, it could be two or three Cerros Bonete at diferent provinces!

i can find nd more info down here if you get that info,

also looking to see a pic of that beauty

:tiphat:

Sounds exciting. I hope you're going to start breeding the offspring in two directions if you want to find a high CBD pheno AND some mystical jumping beans.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
who is we? you and your wife?

Who is this "dude" and why hasn't he shared this gem before?

Whats his story? Was this grown outdoors year after year and bred year after year, or just once? How old are the seeds? 30yrs or 30yrs of breeding to make 1 season old seeds?

KingSwing

Why only spouting 5 seeds...HUNT THROUGH THEM! Sprout at least 20-50 at a time so you can visibly note the variations in phenotypical expressions more accurately...

dank.Frank

Amen^

... What gives sylvan, presumably the score of a lifetime and your only sprouting 5 beans? No offense but that doesn't make any sense.

I promise you all pictures will follow. I have taken a few flicks so far but I dont have access to the net often. I want to provide as much info about this strain as I can but at the same time try and protect the person whom they came from. There is more to this story than I will ever be able to divulge to the public. My main concern is to keep all parties involved safe.

who is we? you and your wife?

Who is this "dude" and why hasn't he shared this gem before?

Whats his story? Was this grown outdoors year after year and bred year after year, or just once? How old are the seeds? 30yrs or 30yrs of breeding to make 1 season old seeds?
All great questions! Would like to learn more about this strain.

:chin: