What's new

Skunkburner's 6kW Grow

S

skunkburner

Moved to a new place and started renovating the basement to support a 6kW to 8kW grow. The plan is to start out with 6kW and add 2kW after the first grow. For now though just pictures of the work being done to seal up the old stone and brick walls.

Front view of the basement:
picture.php

Side view of the basement:
picture.php

End view of the basement:
picture.php

Difference between painted and unpainted wall:
picture.php

S

skunkburner

Filling all holes, gaps, and cracks with insulating foam:
picture.php

Barely used 200 amp panel, lots of room for expansion:
picture.php

S

skunkburner

Starting the framing process:
picture.php

240V/50A outlet for plugging a Powerbox into. 12,000 watts total capacity, so I have room to expand up to 10,000 watts of lighting if I need to.
picture.php

Electrical junction box for the install of a mini split A/C:
picture.php

Tyga

Veteran
Looking good man... Im a sucker for clean electrical/framing. Best of luck ill be following... Whats the strain line-up?

S

skunkburner

Strain line up for the first grow will be Chem D, Tresdog, Tahoe OG, Diablo OG, Purple Erkle, and a single plant of an unknown Chem variety as a test.

This basement has required far more work than the last place I was in, but the potential of this new place far exceeds my last setup. It'll start out at 6kW of HID lighting with 600 watts of Gavita LEP lighting. First upgrade will be to 8kW of HID light, second upgrade will add two more of the 300 watt Gavita LEP units, third upgrade will most likely be to add more in terms of the red spectrum so I've been looking at the Kessil H350 LED lights but I may just end up adding in another 2kW of HID lighting instead.

whazzup

Veteran
consider the 41.01 LEP emitter version if you are using it just in combination with HPS. The 41.01 emitter has more yellow and green and less red, the HPS is more efficient to generate red light than the LEP. 41.01 spectrum starts where HPS stops.

S

skunkburner

Framing finished, sheetrock going up:
picture.php

The finished framing:
picture.php

Framing for the door opening:
picture.php

Area One overview:
picture.php

Area Two overview:
picture.php

S

skunkburner

Sheetrock all done and plastered:
picture.php

Almost finished with construction:
picture.php

The other side:
picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice construction in the basement thus far. I can't wait to see some plants taking the place over.

-Funk

Kaptain

Hey man was just readin through your old thread. Nice results with the plasma man. I've been runnin LEDs for a while now for smaller play grows. For me rap interested in spectrum and proper lighting. It's amazing what the right kind of lighting will do to your plants growth rates.

Anyways the reason I'm posting is because I wanted to congratulate u on a nice Lep grow and also had a question about your sour grape clone from apothecary.

I've got a sour grapes clone. No idea of its apothecary or if it's jojorizzos grape stomper that was renamed by some silly clinic to sour grapes.

Tryin to figure out what I got and I was wondering if you could shoot some shots of her for stem structure and leaf shape.

It would be much appreciated man. Keep up the good work. Gotta love basements ;)

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Looking good skunkburner. Nice and clean setup going on so far. I've been a fan of ur garden and pics so I'm looking forward to seeing this garden.

Subbed :tiphat:

-NE_G979-

S

skunkburner

Painting is almost done, just have to fill in a few spots here and there then it's on to putting up the b/w poly on the ceiling. Hitting it with a few pyrethrin foggers this evening and letting it sit overnight before covering up everything. Ordered the Powerbox DPC-8000 today, hopefully it'll arrive by Friday and I can get the lights installed and running.

The window in this picture needs to be closed up, weather sealed and insulated still.
picture.php

Started putting up the b/w poly but decided to wait until I'd properly bug bombed the room before sealing it up:
picture.php

Need to fix up that dangling outlet there, not entirely safe to be honest since it's live:
picture.php

Another view of the awesomely safe electrical outlet, I should probably go fix that after posting this:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts