What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Power Selection

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Hi there,
i was doing this post in the spanish area (my post from summer https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=227774), i m a south american grower, (thats why my awful english)
the thing is that i have for 5 years a lot of seeds of an accidental cross between a "Sativa skunky" Paraguayan girl with a PowerPlant x Super Skunk Male. This summer i taste this variety and the result of that cross was really powerfull and tasty so i decided to start my genetic travel with them...

i put to germinate 170 seeds, only 120 of them opened, and the when i plant them the last number was 105.
i put them in a 300cc pot till they show their sex, in 12/12 photoperiod.

below some images, i will be grateful if you help my selection work with some tips.
my idea is to take one or two males and keep all the females in that space flowering to select the mother of the f2 generation...

what do you think, it is possible to reach the f7 genetics after years of work?? what numbers of plants do you think i have to germinate in the f2's???

well now the images...

Germination 18-7-12

1-8-12

13-8-12 (Thirsty)

thelaughingman

61e5f305_11035404321E8J.gif

Booyah!

The more numbers the better on every stage F1-F7, but more critical to have a wider gene-pool (pop more seeds) in the earlier selection stages (F1-F3=larger foundation to build upon)...looks like a killer project in the works! Very uniform...I'm sure your gonna find some winners in that gene-pool. Good luck with selection!

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Thanks thelaughingman for passing by,

Booyah, thanks for the tip, i thought that i have to increase the number with de f's... but if i understand, you re saying that i have to popup mor seeds in the f1's and f2's and f3's?? why is that?

i hope to see diferent fenos, and aromas, today im checking if there are more males and females, then i'll share the result in a chart,
:tiphat:

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
i have to share de news!

after hours of concentration i could see 66 plants sexed

the results:

32 MALES, 28 FEMALES, 6 HERMAFRODITES, TOTAL 66 SEXED

Booyah!

Well the earlier stages F1/F2/F3 (depending on the stability of the line) are where you are going to find the traits you want to keep in the line (smell, vigor, taste etc). Always a good idea to pop a lot of seeds in order to get a really good feel of the gene-pool and what it can offer. There may be some positive recessive traits that only show up rarely...best to see them all up front.

After F4 and beyond the line will start to be much more uniform depending on how much you've narrowed the gene-pool. I've heard of new traits appearing as late as the F3 generation I was saying to pop more seeds earlier on in order to see a wider view of the gene-pool but popping more seeds later on F4 and beyond will help you find the specimens with the strongest representations of the specific traits you selected early on.

Either way more seeds is always better! I've always thought of the earlier stages F1-F3 as where you find the foundation where F4 and beyond is where you build and refine them.

Great job so far by the way and congrats on getting a bunch of males and females to work with!

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
allrigh Bootah, now i understand perfectly,
its totally clear when you say "... earlier stages F1-F3 as where you find the foundation where F4 and beyond is where you build and refine them."

I have all the males in a tray outdoors waiting form them to show all what they got! jeje
the 3 more advanced and shorter males are still in the indoor with the females and the non sexed plants, if they dont show hermafroditism, the more resinous one will be chosen to continue the inbreeding selection....

below some a pics...

a brunch of males

supposed chosen one

Girls and non sexed

i remind that they are still in 300cc, this week ill be transplanting the girls to 1500cc, and all my grow is Organic

Thanks for your help and comments

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
thanks again booyah,
yes, i recognize two or three diferent smells, but i dont want to go crazy with that now because i think is too soon, once they start showing buds i will concentrate in that... and the males i concentrate more in the shortness and the flowering grouth...

tomorrow 'm defining the last 34 non sexed plants, and transplanting the females...

one more pic of the new "breathe machine" installed, after hours of work, by..... ME!

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Some News!

Below the list, 91 plant sexed, 36 Males, 47 Females, 8 Hermafrodites
There are still plants with no defined sex, they are discarted, for now, they remain all over my house waiting sex to finish the table! jeje

Nro Sexo
1 Hembra
2 Hembra
3 Hembra
8 Hembra
9 Macho
11 Macho
12 Hembra
13 Hembra
14 Hembra
15 Hembra
16 Hembra
18 Hembra
19 Hembra
20 Macho
21 Hembra
22 Macho
23 Macho
24 Hembra
25 Hembra
26 Herma
28 Macho
29 Macho
30 Macho
31 Macho
32 Hembra
33 Hembra
34 Herma
35 Hembra
36 Macho
37 Macho
38 Hembra
39 Macho
40 Macho
41 Macho
42 Herma
43 Hembra
44 Hembra
45 Macho
46 Macho
47 Hembra
48 Hembra
49 Macho
50 Hembra
51 Macho
52 Herma
53 Macho
54 Herma
55 Macho
56 Hembra
57 Macho
58 Hembra
59 Hembra
60 Macho
61 Hembra
62 Hembra
63 Hembra
64 Hembra
65 Hembra
66 Macho
67 Macho
68 Hembra
69 Macho
70 Hembra
71 Herma
72 Hembra
73 Macho
74 Macho
75 Hembra
76 Macho
77 Hembra
78 Hembra
79 Hembra
80 Hembra
81 Hembra
82 Hembra
83 Hembra
84 Herma
85 Hembra
86 Hembra
87 Macho
89 Macho
90 Macho
91 Macho
92 Herma
93 Macho
94 Hembra
96 Hembra
99 Macho
100 Hembra
101 Macho
102 Macho

Some of them are already transplanted, 30 females were chosen.
ill upload some pics later....

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Girls Selected:
#12, #14, #15, #24, #25, #33, #35, #38, #43, #44, #47, #56, #59, #61, #62, #64, #65, #72, #75, #77, #78, #79, #80, #82, #83, #85, #86, #94 y #100.

Males Selected:
#66, #74 y #99

outside the indoor being selectioned

Roots

Female, Male and Hermis Rejected:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Taking a seat and checking this one out! Love your exhaust! This is a breeding project for sure! THanks for sharing bro! Keep it danK! :wave:

Booyah!

Looking good--nice blowhole!!! My favorite breeding thread in a while! Can't wait to see what you come up with

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Hey! thanks Booyah!! and Shine for passing by!!

Ill update a bit,

The Girls selected were transplanted to a 3liter pot, the same soil, i decided to put on 3 lts to let them show more flowers and to make some clones from the ramifications of the best ones...
i also tie them to the pot to make them ramify and to let hem give the best they can do! jejeje

I can define the smells like i said before, there are some fruity smells and some green smells, like grass, the pheno i m looking for obviusly is the fruity one. so i selected a male with that smell and the gilrs are selected taking account of the ramifications, the size, the fast flowering, etc... i take one of it to be polinized by the same male... i hope to see more phenos wile the flower are growing so i can define more the selected one....

well some pics below....

Transplanted...

Tied....

Now...

a closeup

all the girls

if you have any tip to help my selection please dont stay silent!

regards.

Last edited:

Jamaica Nice

Veteran
Updating...

17-9-12

Mutant One

Gral pics..

from my chart i obtained this info, i classify in two phenos by now, one smells fruity the other smells like grass, obviously in each phenotipe i can observe diferences but always in green line or in fruity line....

Qty TODAY

Males: 36
Females: 51
Hermafrodites: 9
pheno Aroma Verde: 19
pheno Aroma Fruta: 13
Killed: 18
still alive: 87
Selected: 32

Latest posts

Latest posts