What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdog Sour diesel(Rez) x Critical+ (Dinafem)

unspoken

Ok here we go...

I'm about 30 days into flower of my own cross, CDSD x Critical+.

The mom(C+)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=798526&ppuser=145060

The dads(CDSD) The 4 in the front row:

cdsdms.jpg

The offspring (30 days of 12/12)

I'll try to get the next pics without the HPS on.
They are running on drippers in rockwool under 1000w HPS.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Holy shit. Those things look killer. You have got me wanting to run the critical again. I love it. Such a goodplant

unspoken

Hey thanks man. I'm pretty excited about this one. I'm not sure if it really comes through in the pics but she's getting super frosty. Definitely need to get better pics up. I Saw Phish this summer. Always a good time.

budman678

Veteran
Phish is def always a good time. I saw some killer shows this summer too. The first leg of tour was some of th best I've seen since the late 90s. Really impressed.

I have am a sour diesel fan and I LOVE the critical +. What an excellent cross

unspoken

I have a friend who is not into genetics/strains at all, but has been smoking a looong time. He's smoked everything I've grown (SWT#3, Sensi Star, AK47, CDSD, Querkle....I'm not gonna list them all), but the Critical plus freebies I got were his favorite of all of them. I can't pick favorites, but here is some of the CDSD in nug form.

d3cryption

Veteran
I have a friend who is not into genetics/strains at all, but has been smoking a looong time. He's smoked everything I've grown (SWT#3, Sensi Star, AK47, CDSD, Querkle....I'm not gonna list them all), but the Critical plus freebies I got were his favorite of all of them. I can't pick favorites, but here is some of the CDSD in nug form.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/915/5fac6bfd377b0a42cdc9483525a4cf9c_915006.jpg?dl=1342738016]View Image[/URL]

how stinky was that cdsd?

unspoken

Very stinky. Very very stinky. That particular nug/pheno smelled like burnt rubber. Not at all pleasant if you are expecting sweet smells. I loved it. Like, needs to be in a jar no matter how little you have on you stinky, bag will not contain it stinky.

Last edited:

budman678

Veteran
i jsut went to a friends that i gave cuts too...he has some 4week critical +

yay! i havent smoked it in almost 3months. it was so nice...he gave me a quarter

going to get a cut from him and run a couple next time.

i totally agree with you above story. qlot of my casual stoner friends go bonkers over it. like it thiers fav strain hands down. it does have a great body stone. anti anxiety, very relaxing

thefanfx

good job m8

hmm i read about Critical only good and good things and probably i'm going to try it in my next grow :)

keep the good job
GL

unspoken

Nice budman. I checked out your journal. I think it's really interesting what you're doing over there with the super soil/only giving water. My only problem with soil is that almost every time I've used it I've ended up with some sort of pest. My buddy convinced me to throw a couple soil pots in my room this time and now I have springtails in my res. Nasty looking little buggers, but apparently they don't hurt the plant, so I'm going to ride it out. I'll veg my next gals somewhere else, and get rid of them by the next round. IMO it's really too late to do anything about it now, especially when getting rid of them means letting the root ball dry out. no way!

Thefanfx, thanks a lot. I really recommend the C+. I had two phenos, one being a heavy yeilder with a subdued flavor, and the other pictured above as the mother. The one I chose as my mom was definitely the winner pheno for bag appeal, taste, and smell, just not a super heavy yeilder like the other pheno. Can't wait to see what this finished product is like from the cross. I have actually never seen anyone say anything bad about the critical+.

I was a little worried using a feminized strain in a cross, but the CDSD didn't throw any nanners, and neither did the C+ or the offspring SO FAR.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yo sound a killer cross bro, im a really big BIG fan of critical+ ..one of my favorite smoka , i grow many time and yeah bro ill be watching this one very close!!!
already healthy green baby!!!

unspoken

Thanks for the kind words killer. The critical+ is great. Nice and fruity/sweet/skunky taste, and like budman said above a really great anti anxiety strain.

budman678

Veteran
damn! its got those crazy critical + leaves with the donkey dick nuggage of the sour diesel

unspoken

It's got the critical+ smell too so far, although to be fair the diesel smell didn't really kick in until the very end on the cdsd. I actually took over this grow from my partner after the first 2 weeks of flowering. They had a lot of problems in the room and system setup(temps, no airstone in the res, too many freaking plants!!! There are 20+ 3' plants on a 3x3 table!, terrible little fan blowing on them...) which IMO caused these to stretch out a lot more than they should have. I don't hold out much hope in the gpw area for this crop, but I've got it all set up to my liking for the next round. I'm changing strains though. CDSD x Querkle are up next and the seeds are germing now. I'm also dropping a big order at the boutique for some new stuff, so who knows when I'll get back around to this strain.

A

Alone

Sounds like a winner. I got a freebie of a feminized C+ that I just germed. Its about 3 inches tall.
I'm gonna take my CGS's -SSSDH male and pollinate these with him:
Dinafems -Critical + (untested but growing)
CGS's -SSSDH (Sour Diesel Pheno)
Dinafems -SSH (Huge,Huge Yielder)