Status
Not open for further replies.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A fair opinion VG. Not much of a bully...just fucking had it.

being in a business can make you cynical, especially if it's a scene you really care about. try not to let the bad bits spoil it for you and make you angry. Keep calm and carry on....

i know its easier said than done sometimes...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...then again once you've been ripped off by 3 IC mag members personally and then have half your 'buddies' take the side of the thief..that kind of leaves a sour taste in your mouth...shall I name them?

Naaa I'll let fate take care of them.

i havent taken any sides, i dont really know the full story of what's gone on with most of it dude, im just referring to this thread.

you have a lot of knowledge and info to share and i think your anger is getting in the way of that atm.

take care

VG

D

dramamine

My Grandpa was in Vietnam. He used to tell me about the cocky helicopter pilots always pissing people off because they were assholes, not all but a select few were the cockiest assholes around...

he would look at me and say... "but, you know what Toes, it's the cockiest of the cockiest assholes you want piloting that huey. they are the only ones with enough Balls to fly into the front line firefight, land that bird, and get me the fuck out of there."
YMMV

I don't see any connection to Vietnam, Walter.

Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.

Walter, face it, there isn't any connection.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/quotes?qt0464795

LOL

Schmalphy's "internet fight" posts damn near made me spit out my coffee !

Love your thread Gascan ! I always learn and laugh at the same time it seems ~

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Overheard on Faux-News ("We Fart - You Sniff")

Bobble Head #1: "If Russia attacked Turkey from the rear would Greece help?"

Bobble Head #2: "Well it certainly couldn't hurt!"

mayfield-nutty-buddy-super-174515.jpg

shmalphy

Veteran
I use a greenhouse supplier that will definitely have those. I have been eyeballing the deep cell trays for awhile, but they only sell in bulk. I often get free stuff by asking for a sample, but that was when I was using pro mix and throwing it on my lawn after one use, so they loved me. I haven't bought anything from them all year, so they might change their tune.

Some good info in here:coffee:
CMG GardenNotes #212
The Living Soil
http://cmg.colostate.edu/gardennotes/212.pdf

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you guys get this product in the states? called haxnicks rootrainers?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/rootrainers

similar to what you are showing but they are hinged and have ridges that stop the roots circling and send them down.

i use them for starting peas and beans etc that like a deep root system

VG

Attachments

• Haxnicks Deep Root Trainers (2 Pack)_A_SP-1.jpg
    Haxnicks Deep Root Trainers (2 Pack)_A_SP-1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 43

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Well I kinda started the whole deal with my joke post, I'm gonna offer my perspective, I'm a sysadmin, and I deal with horrible noobs for a good part of my day, it's easy to forget that people just don't know what you know, and sometimes offer suggestions which make you roll your eyes on a good day (or want to strangle them via internet)..

Just take a long deep breath (works really well if you hold a lit joint to your lips while doing so) and relax. If a bee flies into your growroom you wouldn't chase after it with a rolled newspaper or bug spray.. just open a door and shoo it out, they serve a purpose just like everything else in nature.. just maybe not in here.

I

Iron_Lion

I would like to apologize to the posters here for my somewhat inflammatory post.

To Gascanstan,
I recognize you are a smart person, I just had an issue with your modus operandi. In retrospect, fighting insults with insults get's us nowhere.

We need not let our passion over shadow our mission. :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Where have you guys been all my life?! lol

Took me a week to catch up reading this whole thread and all I gotta say is WOW!

Thanks for all this knowledge guys! Always been striving to implement my organic growing conditions. This thread nailed it!

After reading it all of it I went aheaad and pleaced an order for some Comfrey roots and some nettles, some alfafa seeds, a bottle of Lilly of the desert Aloe Juice and some Protekt...

I already have some Alfafa and Kelp meal sitting here!

Quick questions about the botanical teas... Is it safe to foliar feed plants that are already in mid flower? Got a bunch of girls OD that I'm thinking of spraying them some KELP/Aloe tea... Most of them are in different stages of flowering...

Regarding the teas,
From what I understood I need to mix 2 tbsp aloe juice per gallon of water.

Regarding the Kelp/Alfafa tea, I take a 1/2 of each and throw on a 5 gal bucket and let it sit for a 3 or 4 days and then dilute 1 cup to 1 gal of h20? Is that right?! Do I need to bubble this bucket or I don't have to?!

Would it be smart to use the kelp/alfafa for the plants flowering or should I ditch the Alfafa and do a kelp botanical tea only? Can I also mix the Kelp tea with the Aloe juice and do 1 application only?

I went back and looked for this answers but couldn't find some of them... Maybe I'm just too stoned?! :dance013:

Thanks for all the knowledge once again. This thread been mind blowing, wish I had access to all this info a few years ago :) but better late than never!

Y

YosemiteSam

I absolutely love the teas

I absolutely love the teas

untitled-0015.jpg

untitled-0010.jpg

Pretty sure I don't have one of them there Miracle Grow deficiencies.

Probably be sticking with comfrey and kelp for the rest of the ride.

edit...tests reveal a base cation saturation for Ca right at 67%. Have not quite let go of me old ideas just yet. But I am starting to wrap me brain around it

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Toes

Better than reusable - the actual 'cone' are removable and you have options on the cones with some better designed for Pine, Maple, etc. cuttings

Here's a chart of the cones available....

View Image

These look nice for sending out trees for tree farming. Do you know whether they come in a quick bio-degrade format?

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
President Merkin Muffley said:
It's a friendly call. Of course it's a friendly call. Listen, if it wasn't friendly,...you probably wouldn't have even got it. They will not reach their targets for at least another hour. [pause] I'm sorry too, Dmitri. I'm very sorry. All right! You're sorrier than I am! But I am sorry as well. I am as sorry as you are Dmitri. Don't say that you are more sorry than I am, because I am capable of being just as sorry as you are. So we're both sorry, all right? All right.

:)

Hope everyone's having a great day, on my hunt for yucca extract.... :dance013:

Cheers :tiphat:
GS

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
:)

on my hunt for yucca extract....

GS
GS

I used to buy non-preservative Yucca Extract from T & J Enterprises in Spokane. His price on a gallon is around $80.00 (plus S&H)

However, a couple of months ago a friend in San Diego told me about Green Plant Fuel (based in San Diego) and they have a pure, unadulterated Yucca Extract for $25.00 per gallon (plus S&H)

Both products use the correct species - Yucca schidegera which is not always the case in commercial products.

"Read the label"

CC

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Do you know whether they come in a quick bio-degrade format?
This company doesn't have that type but I know that they're available. I'll look this week at the show. Pretty much everything is there for commercial nurseries and then some.....

Would you like some freeze-dried compost tea to try? LOL

CC

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
do you guys get this product in the states? called haxnicks rootrainers?

similar to what you are showing but they are hinged and have ridges that stop the roots circling and send them down.

i use them for starting peas and beans etc that like a deep root system

VG
VG

Not that brand but definitely in that style.

I want some of the Comfrey-Kelp pellets sold in your part of the world. The gardening products over there are way advanced compared to the US.

Pitiful actually

CC

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
GS

I used to buy non-preservative Yucca Extract from T & J Enterprises in Spokane. His price on a gallon is around $80.00 (plus S&H)

However, a couple of months ago a friend in San Diego told me about Green Plant Fuel (based in San Diego) and they have a pure, unadulterated Yucca Extract for $25.00 per gallon (plus S&H)

Both products use the correct species - Yucca schidegera which is not always the case in commercial products.

"Read the label"

CC

Im glad you said something, I was just coming to the forums to search for "green plant fuel" to see if anyone had mentioned it and how it compares, before I order from T&J ..... :biggrin:

Appreciate it,

GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts