What's new

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

I am nowhere near the area to be able to grab clones so s1 and crosses are as close as i can get. Tried cc's bubba s1 and had terrible luck with them. Hoping ill have a little better luck with vg's. Except for the fact that i didn't know when he was dropping another batch so i went ahead and ordered some fire og and one day later there on the bay..................figures. Now i prob gotta wait till next drop but no biggie. Stay green everybody.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah this was a few relists i think so i didnt know they were going up.

as mentioned more will be on their way in around 4 weeks...

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
picture.php

Have 1 plant growing for a few week. Will transplant it outdoors soon :woohoo:

Cool Moe

Veteran
It's been several years since I've bought any seeds but just could not resist snagging a few packs of Bubba S1. Thanks to VG for making these available. It's gonna be 3 or 4 months before I'll have room, until then I'll be feeling somewhat like a kid who got a shiny new bicycle in the winter but can't ride it until spring.

roach

Veteran
It's been several years since I've bought any seeds but just could not resist snagging a few packs of Bubba S1. Thanks to VG for making these available. It's gonna be 3 or 4 months before I'll have room, until then I'll be feeling somewhat like a kid who got a shiny new bicycle in the winter but can't ride it until spring.

haha I got the same feeling, need to finish the current grow of PCK and Oldtime Bubblegum first, and then the next grow will be Strawberries & cream and chuckies bride (Cheese x C99), but then these will get planted, just need to decide what to run them with, needs to be something that dont strech much

Cool Moe

Veteran
just need to decide what to run them with, needs to be something that dont strech much

My chuckin wheels are always turning...hope to make bubba kush x godbud, then bubba kush x (bubba kush x godbud). Probably leave it at bx1, at least that's where my thoughts are today.

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
Bubba Kush Info and grow-along

Bubba Kush Info and grow-along

I just pulled down a jar of BK S1 and wanted to take some notes,

The seedlings got fuzzy at first and this one fell over until I stood it back up with toothpicks and it somehow kept growing right along.

Topping didn't phase em and they kept growing out single cola kush style, smells like mocha cabbage at first, nothing special, picked up with really green creamy tones after a couple months... with a little curing the smell is like funky green candy and the top ends smell like sour undies in a locker : ) went through hell and back with this one and didn't have many issues minus a few specks of fungus @ RH 80%+ indoors and outdoors. + rep.

Zomboy

Veteran
Verdant Green Bubba Kush S1 growing outdoors. Started her a little late but she looks lovely so far..

picture.php

picture.php

roach

Veteran
Damn Jaymer, wth did you do to that plant? im sorry to say it but it looks awfull :(

A little more trimming of the finished product might increase the quality too...

I really just hope this was one of those disasters that sometimes happen :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks zelen that looks frosty! bubba isnt the best yeilder but if you have time to veg them a bit longer that helps a lot, and like all plants cuttings are easier than the seed plant, but they need a long veg too!

VG

roach

Veteran
I just started 15 of the S1 a little over a week ago, 1 seed was a bit deformed and didnt germ !:mad::cuss:! (just kidding :biggrin:), and the 14 looks quite nice, some variation in vigor but other than that pretty uniform, I started them together with 30 Chucky´s Bride (exodus cheese x cinderella 99 made by escobar) which is gonna be hell, one slow growing non streching indica together with a very vigorous fast growing very strechy almost pure sativa, but I have wanted to grow bubba for almost 15 years since I heard about it the first time on the old cannabisworld, so now was the time :blowbubbles:

will start posting pictures of them when I transplan them into their final pot, hopefully I can top, bend and tiedown chucky´s enough to let the bubbas veg long enough to give a desent yield

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Just picked up a pack of these and the last pack of Cherryjuana F2 from the bay. I'll be giving your threads a good read through over the next few days!

Thanks for the killer beans vG!

Verdant, at how many days of flowering is bubba ready to be pulled? I purchased your S1's and mine are at day 42 offlowering and looking very nice, with most of the hairs red on 3 different plants i have going. Thanks

-

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good luck with the S1s guys! lets hear back from you as your grows go along.

SO - bubba kind of looks ready pretty early but most people let he go 8 weeks or a little more to get the best weight, resin and flavors out of them. dont be scared to keep them a little further from the lights in the last week or two. they dont need super intense light being a broadleaf/indica and you will preserve the terpenes.

VG

p.s. some packs of S1s are still up at the bay!