What's new

Blue sattelite freebe guerilla comparison grow<900 ft green pheno vs. red pheno 2700

Chong

Blue sattelite freebe guerilla comparison grow<900 ft green pheno vs. red pheno 2700

Long time lurke, for 2 years+ actually. First time poster(2nd post to be precise). I wanted to show you my first run of BLUE SATTELITE 2.2 (freebie seeds).
. I will update this grow log every week till harvest and then i will maybe make a cure and after that smoke report. I want to keep it simple and organic. I grow this for myself ,the goal is 3 oz a plant average. All the plants were transplanted at 5 week age to their new location, i begin with pictures when plants are already 1 week outside on JUNE 22.
Plants havent recived any nutrients other then those in soil prior to planting, for now.
I am at 46-47N in mid.europe.

ALL of the pictures are taken with 5mp android phone.

Any comment which is on topic and is meant as:
Advice
Critique
Suggestion

IS WELCOME

Feel free to chime in, especially growers of BLUE SATTELITE 2.2

spice_of_life_seeds_bluesat.jpg

foto292.jpg

Lets start:

There are quite mixed »specifications« of this strain over the internet, ill just show a few:
If your not familiar with the strain, here i quote from site http://en.**********.eu:

[FONT=&quot]Spice of Life Seeds - Blue Satellite #2.2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Type: Sativa hybrid
Taste/Smell: Sweet berries, hazy undertones
Shape: Central cola with sometimes many branches, can be lanky and stretchy
Height Indoor: 1 - 2 meter
Height Outdoor: 2+ meters
Flower-time Indoor: 60 - 80 days, phenotype dependant.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Flower-time Outdoor: Late October in Northern hemisphere.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yield Indoor: Generally low
Yield Outdoor: Low to medium.
Humidity Level: Prefers semi-dry conditions, sativa structure helps with mold resistence.

For the latest Joint Project release of the Blue Satellite the male was selected for its dark purpling and tremendous resin count. Expect a fairly homogeneous crop for a true f2. Dark green and huge, the leaves are unmistakable. Many are entirely purple at harvest and all have an uplifting fragrance and high.[/FONT]

And another quote from http://www.spiceoflifeseeds.net :

Blue Satellite # 2.2
Indoor
The much anticipated latest release of the Blue Satellite is upon us. The male was selected for its dark purpling and resin content. Surprisingly this F2 is yielding a fairly homogenous crop. All purple by harvest. The same uplifting fragrance and high. Beautiful plants and buds. Dark green and huge, the leaves are unmistakeable. Hard to believe it is illegal almost everywhere. Yields are average.
Indoor flowering 8 weeks.
Breeder Steve: "These four releases are the latest in The Joint Project line I have done with DJ Short. The male Blue Satellite # 2 that was used, was very dark purple and exhibited the necessary sugar daddy characteristics."

As you can see there are different finishing times, so i am not sure wich is more correct, but fortunately i found some grow diarys where they documeted it finished in late september early october somewhere between 43 and 47 lattitude.

I will keep my fingers crossed growers are right.

Chong

So lets begin with facts shall we:

-i planted 5 freebie seeds on 6 or 7th of may

-they were given a soil for baby plants called Terra Brill

-they sprouted on may 11tt, the were given 0.25l of soil at first

-i transplented them in to 2.5l soil containers after 2 weeks

.they were for 5 weeks total in grow box

-they grew under 16 ¼ hours of light and were sinhronized with outdoor time on 15 june

.there were 2 phenotypes: red and green,

-they also differ in color of leaves, the red ones have much dark leaves

- The pictures are on next page:

If you get bored throw in some Pete rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lihI_76kgg

-Outside grow box mesurments are 60cm x 60cm x30 cm

-Inside 1 inch or so less everywhere

-lights are 3 x 20 w electricity saving lamps

-each have about 1325lm of output

-so total 60w and about 4000lm in 1.75 sf, so about 2300 lm psf and in comparison with 70w hps:

-70w hps has 6300 lm (60/70)> 60w is about 85%, so thats 5350lm so hps has 33% more lumen output pre watt, but its to hot for my low setup

-i have 2 12cm xcilence pc vents hooked on phone adapter

So this is the ghetto box i have:

As you can see i can fit up to 8 pots that measure 13 x13x18cm (2.5l), but with just six there is slightly better growth and they arent cramped as much.

So i have 3 green pheno plants and 2 red. I decided to do some kind of a comparison grow in meaning :

- A group of green pants are in 900 feat above sea level

- A group of red palnts are about 1400-1500 feat higher so at 2600 feet

- The spots are totaly different, watch below:

Chong

RED SPOT:

Is the spot wich is all clay based, so natural soi is usless

-there are rocks and roots from trees everywhere

PLANT #1

I dug a hole about 1.5f deep, wide on both sides

-i gave it about 50l of tera bloom soil

-i also gave it about 50g of moisture retaining crystals

-the rest is the usless native soil, this plant has been the darkest of the 2 red ones, and all stems were red aswell, but it changed a bit because of this

PICS:

Its been topped at about 4 ½ weeks.

Chong

THE GREEN SPOT

Here i also grew 2 seasons and it was a success (last year)! I planted them 5 weeks old on 1 july,

They were some nice plants from kanabia seedbank, each gave about 2oz (wich is also the most i got from a plant)

So this year i have about 2 weeks more time.

The native soil is actually good as you can see, i just dug for 1.5 foot deep and lossend the surrounding soil a bit, i added some cow manure, here i dont need to water anytime in season.

PICS

PLANT 1

On this plant i topped 2 bottom sets today (22 june), the other 2 plants are untouched.

Chong

PLANT 3

They all look wery simmilar dont they.

I would also like to ask a qustion i think i have powdery mildew on the plant in the big hole, but i am not sure.

I ditched the strange leaf but i am not sure if thats ok, will neem oil help?

Thats it for now
Chong

Chong

Thx for joining Phantomx me on my jurney to the best weed i ever had!

Can someone expirienced answer me this question?

I want to make use of that 75 gallon hole. As told there is only 1 bought soil, do you think it will become a bigger plant if i add soil called Brill planzhumus (70l is about a third of the rest of the soil that isnt added) it has this structure:

25% white peat, 75% black peat, NPK fertilizer per 1500 g m3. Nutrients: pH: 5.0 to 6.0, N 130-290 mg / l P2O5: 140-340 mg / l; K2O: 170-390 mg / l

I would also add some dry chicken manure, but i dont know how much should i add in about 210 liters of that kind of a soil mix (above) or some cow manure i have at home.

Maybe some coco or perlite, what do you think is a better combination and how much needs to be added, probably is best i ditch all the native soil and just put in the good stuff, but its a bit late in season so i dont know if a plant can put all that volume of soil in use, also i only water once a week and in the hole is 100g of water crystals.

Chong

PS: Lep grow Phantomx, me prov zanima kakšen monster bo iz tiste tvoje 500l bilke, upam da tudi meni kaj rata iz moje.

Chong

I just bought this soil amendment called COMPO SCHNELLKOMPOSTER: 2kg

This is some kind of a composting "agent" with added guano. If i add this to 200l of soil thats about 1%. I would also like to add say 20kg of cow manure (10% total), do you think that would be ok or too hot mix?

Chong

Phantomx

LOL I knew you were from Slovenia hehe.

Aren't the plants planted already? Anyway I wouldn't plant in a that big hole (75gal) so late in the season, I would go with 50L. If everything goes right (nothing that delays growing) you could go with 100-150L but not more IMO.

Per 200L of soil you can add 7kg of chicken manure, if you are using bogatin than this is 10L, but it is good to let it sit for a while. If you don't it won't burn your plants any way.

You can add perlite and/or coco. I wouldn't give more than 50% of coco and wouldn't go over 20% perlite.

I wouldn't add this compo stuff in the hole, because it's ment for composting.

I don't know if the mix was hot with that much of cow manure, but you don't need that much, because the plants have only 1 month of veg left.

Hope that helps.

Chong

Phantomx: Plants are planted alredy but only 10 days now, so i belive the plant didnt spred the roots to far, so yesterday i added about 1/3 of that stuff i talked about, say 10 inch around i left as it is, and the other native soil was mixed with that, in next few days i will also buy some chicken shit (bogatin) and add about 4 liters of it ( thats about 1l per 50l), than maybe 2-4l of lime and 20l of sand.I hope that mix will be ok, well it should be better then just native soil, which is i guess without nutrients and a bit acidic.

Thx for joining Sky high

The other plant on red spot will be in same hole as it is which is about 70l (50l bought soil).

Chong

Chong

Update from The GREEN spot:

2 out of 3 plants are showing balls.

Plant #1

This one has grown a lot, 2 weeks ago in the growbox it was 9 inch tall, today is over 2 feet tall. Its a male, i will probably use this one to make seeds.

Plant #2

This is the only female from this bunch, its about 3 inch smaller the the plant #1

Plant #3

This one is the smallest of all its a about 50cm tall.

Chong

Chong

Update from Red spot July 9th

Plant #1:

Plant #2

As you can see i topped both, when they were 4 1/2 - 5 weeks old, they are both about 1m tall. I can already say moisture retaining crystals are worth every cent they are doing great job, i never had plants growing this nice on this spot.

I also added 10l of worm casting to plant 2 i think on 25 june (they were 10 days outside that time)

Chong

Update from green spot:

Plant #1 ( male)

10 days ago i cuted 10 cm on the top so it doesnt grow so much, so far it grew into nice bush.

Plant #2 (female)

I topped it today.

Plant #3 (male)

This one was the samllest in growbox already and outside too. I chopped it today.

All 3 plants range between 2 1/2 - 3 feet.

Chong

Chong

Update from GREEN spot:

Male:

Female:

I FIMed it 1 week ago, on 3 seperate spots all an the top node, i hope for many top buds.

They are 1 month outside, both are about 4 feet tall.

Chong

Chong

Again update from GREEN spot:

I bought today bogatin, which is pelleted chicken shit and added about 1l to each plant.

I also decided to LST a bit, so i get some more from the plants, i just have 3 females this year:

Male:

I accidently broke it a bit, and i didnt lst that part any further, i added small stick and some duck tape to support that bit.

Chong

Again update from green spot, i will visit the red one today or tomorrow.

Male:

This is that branch that was broken almost 90%, the little stick that supported it wasnt on place anymore, because its a male plant i broke it down for a lil better pic.

This gives me some hope for the big plant on red spot, that i accidently broke, one main branch in half and the other was just holding it was say 95% broken, i made a seperate tread for that a week ago:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242076

Female plant:

This is the top of the plant which i FIMed on 3 separate spots, but i still dont know how many branches that created, its very thick growth there but its not big enough to tell.

As you can see this stran responds nicely to lst.

Chong