What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Machine Gum etanol extraction.

the daber

Hy ... this is a new ethanol extraction. I used some Machine Gum kief for do it. The result is a clearextract, very consistence and nice flavor and high effect.

Good vibes!!

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Very nice dabber, I'm lovin the clarity! It seems much clearer than your previous ethanol washes of kief, what did you do different? I'm assuming higher quality kief.

How was the smoothness and taste? looks very clean for a ethanol only extract! good job:biggrin:

the daber

Hi MIdwest,
Yes the kief quality was better and i wash it out just for 1.5minutes and i filter it with a double coffe filter. I´m thinking to get a sample and shatter it to cristalized the oil but i think right now the Concentrate is very stable and i´m gonna get some taste and flavor if i do it.

The Taste is so smoth and fruty, the efect is clear and high, very psicioactive for a Buble Gum!!.

What do yoy think about to winterized it?

Good Vibes!! :biggrin:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi MIdwest,
Yes the kief quality was better and i wash it out just for 1.5minutes and i filter it with a double coffe filter. I´m thinking to get a sample and shatter it to cristalized the oil but i think right now the Concentrate is very stable and i´m gonna get some taste and flavor if i do it.

The Taste is so smoth and fruty, the efect is clear and high, very psicioactive for a Buble Gum!!.

What do yoy think about to winterized it?

Good Vibes!! :biggrin:

I wouldn't. You are at maximum flavor and effect right now, and winterizing a polar extract with the same solvent, doesn't do much.

Winterizing is mostly for non polar extractions, to remove the waxes and other lipids.

PS: Nice color and clarity!

Ok_nobody

I've found if you throw the alcohol solution from a QWET extraction back in the freezer overnight, immediately after straining out all the plant material, you can filter out some waxes or other precipitates that made it through your filter the first time...

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
^^You can, but the amount of waxes is almost non existent compared to a butane extraction or similar non polar solvent. Anytime I've winterized a qwet extract made from bubble hash the amount of waxes cleaned out was so small, like less than .1 waxes for 7g of oil.

Dabber the oil sounds very yummy and looks even better! keep up the good work or should I say great work!

Ok_nobody

What's your time on a bubble hash wash? A longer wash definitely gives more wax in my experience. Another thing I have noticed is it is hard to stiffen up qwet extracts that have been winterized vs ones that havent....

the daber

What's your time on a bubble hash wash? A longer wash definitely gives more wax in my experience. Another thing I have noticed is it is hard to stiffen up qwet extracts that have been winterized vs ones that havent....

I just washed it out for 1.5minutes....

the daber

^^You can, but the amount of waxes is almost non existent compared to a butane extraction or similar non polar solvent. Anytime I've winterized a qwet extract made from bubble hash the amount of waxes cleaned out was so small, like less than .1 waxes for 7g of oil.

Dabber the oil sounds very yummy and looks even better! keep up the good work or should I say great work!

Thanks bro!!... the oil is gonna be keep on the frigde... the job is done!!. :biggrin:

U

ulven

hello. best quality with short etanol soak.
I like to make two different qualitys.
Soak the remains twice as long the second time:)

the daber

hello. best quality with short etanol soak.
I like to make two different qualitys.
Soak the remains twice as long the second time:)

I never try a second wash... ummm interesting thing, i will do it the next time!!.

Godd Vibes!!.

U

ulven

Ultra pure oil

Ultra pure oil

By the way if you keep the alcohol and budz in the freezer for couple of hours and do the extraction while its all cold, you get much less chlorophyll and other
shit in the product :)
Remember every thing that is in contact with the etanol must also have been in the freezer
peace:)

sixixix

Hi! I just started a couple of Machine Gum-seeds that I bought when I was visiting Malaga last year. Anything you can tell me about this strain would be highly appreciated! I tried another strain from the same breeder (sugar diesel) and didn`t like it that much. I have much higher expectations for this one though :)

the daber

Hy bro!!... Machine Gum is s coming from a Regular Female Buble Gum (Serius Seed), is very similar to the original but more cristal and biger harvest. The taste is similar but the original have is more strawberry-sugar. Is very easy to grow, and very fast blooming time normaly 50-55 days. The efect is nice!!, chillyng, no to depress; a weed for smoke all day!!.
Is not a very heavy weed.