What's new

5Lbs/1Kw Challenge-The Quest for 80 Zips with Galactic Grape

Grow on

Grow on

I don't care what any of the naysayers can spit out of their mouths. AK inspires the rest of us to experiment and reach beyond what appears to be limits.

With testing your growing abilities and not relying on the latest fad additive to come along we all grow(haha).

Keep up the good work AK and thanks.

dalilguy

This guy is a FUCKING clown period.

1000 expect 1 to 2.2 depending on expierence, no matter what anyone say's thats all you can get unless you go vertical, so fuck off Idiot's for believing this shit

Guess we know what u have maxed out at.. Or are trying to max out at. Good luck homie, maybe one day you'll see the light.. With a few elbows under it :tiphat:

Aerokrafter. Nice thread meng. If it wasn't for being in a swamp I'd definitely give aero a try:joint:

DrFever

Veteran
IMO not sure on how many plants the op used but in any case 1 k is 1 kw light foot print is light foot print, root mass is root mass, which = yield i just finished my grow 2 k 5 plants
veg period 90 + days flowered 58 days 64 gallon totes will post some final bud shots and plants as well as 9 full half pound bags in my journal if anyone wants to see check out my journal 5 x 10 scrog full total days 150+

medicalmj

Veteran
And I thought 2 elbows per 1k was a great yield! Anyway I'm growing a low yield HIGH demand super stinky blue cheese. Had a super lemon that produced leg sized colas but she took toooo long and she got issues (PM) so l had to let er go. Well I'll be takin a serious look at these techniques to try an double, as I'm under 2 lbs with cheese.

Thanks to all for the eye opener!!!!

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Intermission is Over!

Act II

Day 0 Bloom Update

Unit Pile:

Freshly Planted unit:

2 Head 3 Shoot Prune:

Cover Sheet Data:

Here we go!

I have converted my work shop to the Galactic Grape Bloom Room Annex. Eventually I will add another unit to this room - hopefully soon!

Changes and goals:

This go round we will use a Metal Halide for the first two weeks in an attempt to end up with shorter plants.

This run I will continue the same strategy of pinch and prune with the trellis to shape the plants.

A goal is to NOT have to criss-cross the tops.

I will use foliar sprays again in a strategy simular to last time - full sprays for the first couple weeks and bottom blasts later to wick nutes.

Other start notes:

I really like the Raptor 6 hood. It is a big beast with a relatively slim profile. The light level at the edges is much better than the crappy hood I used in the last run.

I started with a light nute recipe - I wanted to leave myself some room for early adjustments.

These plants are smaller goin in than the last run. They also have a lil more variability in size - about 6 inch difference between the shortest and tallest. I have arranged them "bowl style" and will use the light rail timer to even them out over the next 3 weeks.
-----

If you are interested in seeing other folks growing in flos - along with yet another GDP run with me - check out the rookie aeroflo grow together thread in my sig.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-AK

DrFever

Veteran
Gbis59ll - My bro's doing 3+ are doing it with cali elites. Og's, kush's etc. Not some big bud or other high yielding strains. So I will again refer to my last post. "If some of you would take all that time you spend doubting the OP and READ you might learn some very valuable advice." I hit 2-2.5lbs per 600 with 5 plants per light, and have been doing it for years with mid-low yielding strains. I'm now in the process of dialing vert racks that will take me to 3lbs per 600 and possibly more if I grew big bud or whatever. You're right there are alot of newbies here that make the mistake of seeing a great grow and thinking it's baby shit to do. Then there's people like you that have grown long enough to know it's not baby shit, but never put in the time to understand "the rules" that make a room produce. So you just think everyone claiming high yields is full of shit. Then you have people like aerokrafter, DHF, Jackmayoffer, vagpuncher, tom hill etc, etc, that put in the time to understand the rules and yield accordingly as a result. It's not easy, but the information and people that can get you there are all right here at this site. If you have the motivation, there's a great community of people that just want to help everyone take it to the next level. They're giving the knowledge away for free after all, why not take advantage?

Would love to see some pics of this 3 pounds with 600 light i scrolled thru your journals and sorry find it hard that you even hit 2 lbs with 5 plants specially with 600
Reason i say this is i used to be one of them growers that grew in mass scale and after few years one tends not to have that big of balls anymore so lowered plant count to 5 - 10 plants and achieving pretty close to a pound per plant but VEg times have increased tri fold instead of 3 - 5 week veg times now there 10 - 16 week veg time also 43 gallon pots in order to create some trees
Cause root mass = yield just look at the bud on 5 gallon pail :blowbubbles::tiphat:

Mister_D

Veteran
Drfever - My personal best is 2.5 lb per 600. My grobros are doing 3lbs per 1000w in warehouse setups (They don't share pics for obvious reasons). I have another 18 light setup, not shown because my partner doesn't want any exposure, that has been dialed for a few years now. I regularly do 2+ lbs per 600 in that setup. The grows I have shown here have been just messing around without proper environmental controls and I had root aphids. At least until the last couple months. If you read through my vert redemption thread you can see how things have seriously evolved. I'm now doing my own take on the bobble pods.

That said, your veg times are ridiculous for end result. I veg under flower strength light for 8 weeks at the 18 light spot with my romulan and jack herer cuts. Vertizontal reflectors for veg, vert bulbs for flower, all 600w hps. This gives me a plant about 4-4.5ft tall including the 5 gal smart pot. Both of these plants stretch like a mother fucker, so I end up with 7-8 ft tall plants including the pot. 4-5 plants per light (depends on size when ready to flower) 6-10 oz per plant. I'm able to do this because every piece of my room is dialed (Temps, humidity, light intensity, wet/dry cycle, custom media, air flow, genetics, etc, etc.). I'm just starting to show my skills here at the mag, but i've been around since the OG days. If you want to see 2+ per 600 just keep watching my redemption thread. Not going to happen this round, but once shit is fully dialed it's on. My eventual goal is to get 10 lbs off 3 600's. I got 116 seeds already, and ordered another 80 yesterday. Just like I did with my tree grows, i'm going on a pheno hunt for a plant suited to my grow style.

Ever consider vert lighting? Your garden looks great, but you could achieve the same yield with less veg time if you increased your plant numbers.

Good Luck AK

Good Luck AK

Hope to see you hit the mark on this one. Picked up a pack of GG a few weeks ago because of your thread. Will pop them this winter and see what happens.

After the aero grow together I plan to run a monster OG#18 I grew for the first time in my last Diesel grow. One plant and it was huge but will have to work with it some.

Again gl and subbed

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting changes. I like the Metal Halide idea. I think that is a great move.

The Raptor is an improvement. Not sure if it is as good as the Blockbuster.

What's going on with your Co2. Are you going to be setting it up in your new room?

Best get it ready now.

You got the firepower best to use it.

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

Development:

Data:

The Metal Halide experiment is going well. I have noticed that the plants that were slightly smaller going in have not evened out as quickly as with HPS. This makes sense since the idea here is about stretch reduction.

I expect to start shoot pruning on day 10 along with building the first level trellis.

I'm sticking with the MH for another week. I need to find out if this strategy will work. I think the trellis will help with evening the grow out under the light.

-AK

medicalmj

Veteran
I got 8 lbs from a 400 watt and 150 watt halogen in 70 days from auto-flowering plants. I also was able to fit it on one metal hanger.
I find that impossible to believe. And what's with "halogen"??? They don't have squat for lumens. You lost your cred bro.

medicalmj

Veteran
8lbs OR 8oz?
Yeah maybe he typod. cause thats what anyone should be able to accomplish using normal techiques/strain/etc... Kinda of a rule of thumb 400w=8oz; 1000w=1.25lb. Any less and I'd be looking into why. And if you get good strains, great techniques, maybe more plant count and well 2.5lbs.+++ per 1k. I'd say anything over 2.5lbs per 1k and your shit is dialed in.

But that don't explain halogen. Unless there's some new halogen on the market that puts out more than 25 lm/watt. I'd still need to beat the 100 lm/watt tho...

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I just croped off, a 4 by 9'6 " table with 21 plants , with 3- 600 watts over top
got 5 and 3/4 lbs , not sure the gpw but I know its the best I ever done yield wise , so I would say from expeirence its all bout the strain....
TS

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
didnt happen

didnt happen

I got 8 lbs from a 400 watt and 150 watt halogen in 70 days from auto-flowering plants. I also was able to fit it on one metal hanger.

images