What's new

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5000 posts and more of 5 years I'm here on ICMag! Yeah, it's definitely my second home and it's great!

Some quick shot of a rdwc ChocoTonic F1. For sure I'm noticing that flowers under the MH lamp are a lot denser and better looking.
The ones under the HPS are more airy but they seems to be more productive.
Gotta see at the end which one will turn out better, however the lower buds are not affected from light differences. Both are identical.

MH
picture.php

HPS
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Full album HERE

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
giant juice sticky nuggs, what i want more??? a bong for blaze up some of this shit ehh ehh, excellent fratello nor!!!
chocotonic lookin fabolous as a grower that grow this

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congratulations on the anniversary, you meet it in excellent shape! :tiphat:

And thanks to you too :tiphat:

L'Mh è la lampada con la luce più bella....

Concordo!

giant juice sticky nuggs, what i want more??? a bong for blaze up some of this shit ehh ehh, excellent fratello nor!!!
chocotonic lookin fabolous as a grower that grow this

I know you'll get some high times with those gears bro ;)

I should be very curious to try with a led light :)

Led? I'm curious too ;)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some sour milky orange smell is pervading all my house because of those flowering ChocoTonic, and I'm definitely happy! Even with hot temps resin and smell are at top levels.

I'm using an ozone generator to keep air clean and it's not enough to keep the odor level low, but I don't care at all, I love that scent!

Flowers are fattening up nice and from this moment the really risk is botrytis. I hope that a special remedy made by my own will help fucking up every possibly hot spot, along with low RH, excellent aeration, some silicone and ozone. Last run I obtained pretty nice results, the goal here is the same. I can expect almost a couple of spots in the bigger colas...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This clone, grown without chiller with a root-zone temperature around 28°C delayed the flowering, resulting in a huge little tree, full of flowers that are fattening up really quick at now.

Environmental factors do the difference....

picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey NoReason - whats Botrytis? And how do u get flowers so fat!!! My god - its unreal! You use soil, right?

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey NoReason - whats Botrytis? And how do u get flowers so fat!!! My god - its unreal! You use soil, right?

Hey Lyryc :wave:

Botrytys was referred to Botrytis Cinerea you probably know it as grey mold ;)

Fat flowers? Yeahhhh :dance013: No secrets bro. Those flowers are growing in a Rdwc system and have a good amount of light, that's it.

And yes, maybe the fact that it's a selected pheno counts.....

:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have this S2 ex.cheese plant, that has a nice resin covering and it's incredible how it smells of nothing! No smell at all. You can stick the resin on your finger and smell it, nothing!

It is so odor-less that I'm thinking it could be useful for someone with this kind of troubles.

However, for the little plant that is, in a 2,5 liters pot with a mix of soil, coco, perlite and pumice it's fattening nice sprouting new foxtails in its mono-cola structure, full of flowers till the bottom of the stalk.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have this TropiMango from philosopher seeds. It's the best out of two and both are weak plants, long flowering, leafy but they has some nice fragrances of sweet diesel/hazy lavender.

They were put directly at 12\12 in 2,5 liters pot

picture.php

That's the exodus cheese S2. It is full of flowers till the bottom

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ChocoTonic F1

For those who have these seeds, I can say you can only find a couple of phenos, very similar between them in fragrances, both fully covered of resin.
The sativa tendency pheno can yield more than the indica, taking more time to finish the flowering. Indica tendency phenos stay short and more bushy, fattening quickly after the switch.

Over these phenos there are a good amount of 50/50 hybrids resulting in the middle of the two.

It can be easily noticed this is an F1 offspring, you will not find much differences from what described, however selecting the best keeper will not be so easy :biggrin:

Indica pheno

picture.php

Sativa pheno

picture.php

Mix

Bigger pots are 6,5 liters, others are 2,5 liters

picture.php

picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Must spread rep around b4 giving to NoReason... you cease to amaze!

Whats that black stuff on the tent ventilation? Is it just insulation?

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Must spread rep around b4 giving to NoReason... you cease to amaze!

Whats that black stuff on the tent ventilation? Is it just insulation?

Just insulation bro :) In colder period of the year the first part of the ducting without insulation (in some part double insulation) make so much condense that it works better than a de-humidifier :biggrin:

However in summer, an insulated lamp-line protect the grow space from the heat exchanged by the metal of the ducting too.

In a dialed-in setup the insulation is a must have to optimize even those factors ;)

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just insulation bro :) In colder period of the year the first part of the ducting without insulation (in some part double insulation) make so much condense that it works better than a de-humidifier :biggrin:

However in summer, an insulated lamp-line protect the grow space from the heat exchanged by the metal of the ducting too.

In a dialed-in setup the insulation is a must have to optimize even those factors ;)

I never thought of it like that but I am really glad you answered the way you did. All the smaller details come thru years of practice but you just gave me the crash course and I can't thank you more. I'm going to insulate my duct upon upgrade ontop of some other goodies.

Do you have anything thats going to get released to the Bay coming up?

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never thought of it like that but I am really glad you answered the way you did. All the smaller details come thru years of practice but you just gave me the crash course and I can't thank you more. I'm going to insulate my duct upon upgrade ontop of some other goodies.

That's the same for me too :) Some details you notice by other growers are often great cues to copy or adapt. The last one for me was to use a simply mechanical filter to avoid any big molecules going all around my rdwc system. Why didn't I think before saving some pain in the ass? :biggrin:
We all have a lot of learn, because learning never stops if you want ;)

Do you have anything thats going to get released to the Bay coming up?

I have only 4 other ChocoTonic F1 blisters of 10 seeds each already sent in and I'll post here when they're going to be on auction.

ChocoTonic S1 seeds are almost ripe but they need at least one more week and a proper drying, than some times in the fridge (a couple of weeks) than they have to be tested before hit the bay or other shops. In few words, if everything will go as it is prospected to, in some month you will find'em available.

I want to take the time they need to sell a good product and make finally users happy with them :)

Stay tuned :wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stratification is really useful for cannabis seeds?

I don't know jump.
For sure cannabis seeds sprout even without stratificaton. However I noticed fresh seeds have a lower germination rate or at least they can have a lower germ rate. I could be wrong here, I never take numbers of it...

I guess temperature is not involved directly as in other seeds, but it helps to break the seeds shell creating micro-fractures that can facilitate the entering of water.

Some hard seeds have difficulties in sprouting because they take a lot of time to open and let the seedlings out, but in that time, in a poor oxygen environment, the seedlings have high risks to be attacked from anaerobic bacterias or maybe some kind of fungi too.

So, I always keep my seeds in the fridge, in closed glass jars and I would wait a couple of weeks before starting to sprout them.

What do you guys think about? Any data or feedback?