What's new

Thoughts on a new room design, input pls.

icdog

At the moment I'm running 1 blumat maxi in a 7 gallon pot with promix. Works well. General issues are around day 20 - 30 I get one or more blumats that don't shut off and it fills up the tray by the next day, no idea why it happens. I turn it down a notch and its generally fine after that.
I am about to try some distributor drippers, not sure on 2 maxis per pot yet.
I run nutes through the blumats so around day 30 I replace the drip line.
As long as you follow the accepted instal procedure they are awesome but I check every single one daily, I would say they are not a set and forget setup for something more then a hobby grower.

Dave the way you have it setup with the drip line close to the blumat, I think that will mess up how it measures the pot wetness. If i did it I would aim the drip lines away from the blumat. I haven't done it though so if it works let me know.

Are those spots on your leaves thrips?

Can you post a complete pic of your ppk setup? I am anxious to set one up.

icdog

I saw those pics but couldn't see where you had a separate res to fill the black one. I see the red hoses now. So the ppk pot tailpiece doesn't even have to sit on the bottom part to work?

D

DaveTheNewbie

I saw those pics but couldn't see where you had a separate res to fill the black one. I see the red hoses now. So the ppk pot tailpiece doesn't even have to sit on the bottom part to work?

IF i understand your question correctly the PPK tailpiece can go directly into the control res with the float valve in it
Sometimes even with multiple PPKs people put the float valve into one of the bottom bucket resses.

icdog

Yes. I asked because your ppk has the tailpiece sitting in a milk crate and I haven't seen this before. So it doesn't have to sit in the bottom bucket at all? How does the water wick into up the tailpiece then? I thought it would have to because of the air space above the water in the bottom res somehow did something.

D

DaveTheNewbie

Yes. I asked because your ppk has the tailpiece sitting in a milk crate and I haven't seen this before. So it doesn't have to sit in the bottom bucket at all? How does the water wick into up the tailpiece then? I thought it would have to because of the air space above the water in the bottom res somehow did something.

Ignore the tailpiece in PVC in a milkcrate. It was a good idea but its too tall. Im not doing it anymore.

D

DaveTheNewbie

Zeolites i assume

Zeolites i assume

well my veg plant has been going for 4 weeks now
i would say its about half the size of a normal veg plant for me in that time. I have heaps of pics of 4 week veg plants that are twice as big in this thread.

picture.php

and the leaves are shocking with big black splotchy things on them

picture.php

veg plants shouldnt look like that IMO. Im seriously thinking about just throwing it away and moving on. Take the hit as such.

As an aside i harvested 2 days ago and the pots were bone dry again. Blumats are costing me a fortune in thier uselessness. It will be another tiny harvest because of it.

D

DHF

Sorry Dave...Wish I was there cuz we`d figure this shit out and getchas dialed and hoonin.......

So many things to handle on a lower budget where yas can`t control all the environmental X factors.....anyways.....

Hope it gets better Bro.......Holler if I can help.....

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:....

D

DaveTheNewbie

Sorry Dave...Wish I was there cuz we`d figure this shit out and getchas dialed and hoonin.......

So many things to handle on a lower budget where yas can`t control all the environmental X factors.....anyways.....

Hope it gets better Bro.......Holler if I can help.....

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:....

mate ive grown many plants in this spot in many different environmental conditions and i have never had anything like this. Its worse than spider mites in as far as how bad the plant is going. Zeolite as an additive is the only thing i can put it down to.

D

DHF

The veg plant definitely has ph and lockout issues .......Sorry bout your constant battle with the blumats Dave.....

Even probs with the PPK....shit......

Good luck Bro....Freds....:ying:....

D

DaveTheNewbie

The veg plant definitely has ph and lockout issues .......Sorry bout your constant battle with the blumats Dave.....

Even probs with the PPK....shit......

Good luck Bro....Freds....:ying:....

I love a challenge.

I was just thinking this morning that i havent had a decent run yet that didnt have problems, well at least not in years.

One thing i like about the PPK is that it WILL show any deficiencies that you have very fast. Its a good way to make me a better grower.

Im not sure if i should go the blumat maxis next run or the mini-PPKs i have in mind. The only downside to the mini-PPKs is that i have to cut holes in my tent to get the drain lines thru, and of course the token amount of effort to build them and set them up.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
P P K, P P K....

Blumats are even more boring then PPKs..at least to watch a grow log of... Lets see some mini PPKs.

Cutting a hole in your tent is no biggie. Put a piece of thick tape on both sides where you want to make a hole and then make a small X slice where you can slip your tubing through.

D

DaveTheNewbie

well i made an executive decision today
i executed the crap veg plant after i took a few clones
i replaced all the nutes in the resies, and scrubbed out the shit that was in there from the sugary nutes.
scrubbed out the veg tent too cause it was covered in the same sugary shit from a blumat flood.
ive started setting up for a pure PPK growroom.
im probabally going to stop this thread and just run that one.

Latest posts

Latest posts