What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana's Haze 1 and Papaya

yoss33

Veteran
Hello all :tiphat:

I'm currently growing one Haze 1 (package says "Haze #1") and one Papaya, both feminized, from Nirvana. Started the seeds 2 weeks ago and going to transplant them outdoors in the beginning of May. Hoping to have nice trees in October :)
Now they are under a 100W cool white LED emitter together with some tomato seedlings:

Anybody to have experience with these 2 Nirvana strains? Nirvana's Haze is from Positronics origin, like Tom Hill's, and Papaya is Chitral x Ice.
A pure sativa and pure indica (in terms of effect) is what I hope to get. I've smoked indoor-grown Nirvana's Haze a few years ago and was impressed - it was very strong. Grown outdoors it should have more complex flavor and effect, worth checking out.

Here they are now.
Haze:
picture.php

And the Papaya which is already smelling:
picture.php

G

guest59452

nice, ive always wanted to give the papaya(mango) a go, had a seed but lost it. damnit. but thats kool it already smells, what does it smell like? i think im going to go with dutchbreeds autoflower version of mango called mini mango next time i buy seeds

yoss33

Veteran
Smells like Dutch weed but sweeter :biggrin:
Rubing the stem smells the same, no pine or other "sharp" smells, only sweet dank. Rubing the stem of the Haze, on the other hand, gives an almost pure pine-like smell.

WelderDan

Veteran
I loved the Papaya, though I ran the regulars and not the fem. Easy to grow, tasted excellent, nice and stony buzz.

yoss33

Veteran
A week later the plants are growing all fine.
The Papaya is quite vigorous, with strong roots, thick stem and stays happy all the time while the Haze is sensitive - the leaves start to droop at every occasion - when taken out of the strong light, or soil is not very moist or every time when watered even though water is at the same temperature as the soil.
The Haze has a very weak cat piss smell, while the smelly Papaya is having a nice coffee note.

picture.php

I'm also popping some seeds of last year's harvest (4 of them in a cup on the photos). I have maybe more than 1000 seeds of Full Moon (thai) pollinated by a feminized Eldorado (Oaxacan) that went completely hermie/male perhaps because of the too-rich soil at my outdoor place. 2 weeks ago I planted 14 of these seeds in 3 cups to see what's what, all 14 are growing fine, I'll keep only one of the cups and flower indoors the small plants to see how's the high.

yoss33

Veteran
Yesterday the plants got transplanted into bigger pots. The hungry Papaya was starting to starve in the small cup, but I couldn't enter pots before moving the tomato seedlings out of the box. They should be growing faster now, in big pots and not being tightly packed.
picture.php

The Full Moon x Eldorados are just taking off. They look like the mother (Full Moon) with their wide leaves.

Green Sky

Nice grow you have started there.

I like the Nirvana offerings. So far I have had GREAT luck with the ones I have in flower right now:
White Widow (fem)- (could have let them veg for 2 more weeks)- they are stout, DARK, frosty and have leaves that "pearl" like a wave
Papaya (fem)- (cool little fruit trees) stinky and packing on buds at 5 weeks ** REALLY Vigorous in veg
AK48 (fem) - acting like True Sativas. Slow Vegging, hope to get 7 weeks in before flipping.
* popped Urban Poison, Raspberry Cough, Blackjack, Snow White, Full Moon, and NYPD for the outdoor Season.
NIRVANA FTW !!

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice plants you got there yoss33!...but i'm afraid that the original haze won't end before december/january depending on your location...unless you planned to force them flowering sooner...

Whatever,i wish you a good grow!:)

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for the comments and wishes, people :)

Green Sky, yeah, the Papaya is one vigorous grower, it's taller than the Haze :biggrin: Good luck with the Nirvana strains! I'm sure Urban Poison and Full Moon will not disappoint. Don't know about the rest, smoked NYPD several times (same plant) but didn't impress me, though after 6 months of cure effect has improved a lot.

Pepé, I know that the original Haze is supposed to go to December but this Haze has been bred in Holland for some time and will hardly be flowering so long. It's listed as 12-14 weeks, same as the Full Moon, and I'm very happy with Full Moon's harvest picked at the 6th of October (I'm 44 degrees north). I still have a few jars left of a Full Moon branch that got harvested on the 26th of September, and after half a year of curing it's superb too, just shouldn't be smoked in the evening :) It's just that I most like rushy energetic early-harvested buds, so no need to wait till December :)

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok,if that's what you like,go ahead!:good:

I did run a ohaze from seedsman indoor and that beast took 25+weeks to be close to done...but what a high(especially after some months of curing and a short break)!

yoss33

Veteran
Today the Haze and Papaya got transplanted outdoors because it was becoming too tight in the grow box. The Papaya leaf closest to the diode (at 20cm) got burnt a bit, so it's time for outdoors. The Haze is bringing out 9-leaves leaflets already.

picture.php

And here they are outdoors:

The Haze is on a slightly more sunny place with richer soil than the Papaya. I hope it's not too rich for the sensitive sativa. I didn't want to plant the Papaya at my prime place where the Haze is because these fat indica leaves are easy to recognize and my place is not so hidden. The Haze looks lanky like the local wild weed that grows everywhere, so no problem with it... I hope.
The 2 plants are actually 3 meters away but there's difference both in the soil and sun length. The Papaya will be in the shades of a tree in the mornings for 1 and a half hour more than the Haze, till about 10-11am.

yoss33

Veteran
Cut that tree down, or atleast LSt it !

LOL
As a matter of fact I cutted a few smaller trees that were casting shadow on the place as well as on my small tomato garden next to it, but since these trees are not in my property but in the abandoned (not visited) neighbour property I can't do whatever I want, I'm just cleaning from small self-sprouted trees. I don't want the neighbors, whom I've never seen, suddenly come to check their property and get surprised that their trees are missing...
The big tree will look wicked if low-stress trained, and will definitely attract attention, so unfortunately LST is not an option, though I like the idea :)

Nice, I look forward to following your progress again this year. The Papaya (Citral #13 x Ice #2) has some good reviews.

See Link:
http://www.kindreviews.com/tag/papaya/

R.Fortune

Yup, seen this before making my mind on what indica to choose to grow. I've seen only good reviews about the Papaya, and what I like in those reviews is that all of them mention the euphoric quality of the high. That's what I want - a pleasant and happy indica that is calming on the body but refreshing on the soul. Potency will surely be enough under the sun.

yoss33

Veteran
A stem-borer has entered the stem of the Papaya 2 nodes below the top and the top has drooped. I sprayed well in the hole in the stem with a pyrethroid, as well as the 2 plants in general, and I hope that will put the critters off for 2-3 weeks.

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Weekly update.
The Papaya is turning into a nice bush with big leaves. It didn't want to grow big leaves under the LED while the other strains next to it did, but the outdoor makes a difference.

picture.php

And the Haze is looking great too. More on the American side with its symmetrical Christmas tree shape and tendency for purple leaf stems.

picture.php