What's new

CannaBunkerMan's Green Crack ATTACK!

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
My last grow log was plagued with problems, from accidental pollenation, to a week long power outage. The grow before that I had to deal with plants almost a month apart in their veg cycle, in addition to having at least a dozen different varieties to contend with.

I plan for my next grow to be the best I've done to date, and you can hold me to that. This time around, I have 36 green crack plants, and 12 of something called Bill's Blue Dream. Bill found a seed in a bag of BD, and I bet you can figure out the rest. I had a small clone of this plant [BBD] in my last harvest, and it may actually edge out the original. We'll see.

Things are just now getting started, I'll be transplanting to the flower room later this week. There they'll veg for another week or two, then it's 7-8 weeks to the finish line.

Not much to show yet. I recently broke my Cannon SD990-IS, and they replaced the lense module. I don't ever remember my camera having a manual focus, and now it does! I think they made my camera better! Cool! Anyway, onto the pictures:

Root macros:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 114956

hey cbm keeping my fingers crossed for u this grow that everything goes smooth, is that just a top drip in a pipe setup mate? what are the feed times for that or is it continuous drip.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
hey cbm keeping my fingers crossed for u this grow that everything goes smooth, is that just a top drip in a pipe setup mate? what are the feed times for that or is it continuous drip.

It's a top feed. I have the res pump on for a minute, and off for 4 hours. One of the reasons for my difficulties last time was that I tried a more frequent feeding, and the added pump duty heated the water from 18C to 30C. I didn't realize this until it was almost too late. The roots turn to mush above 24C.

Here's the thread where I built the hydro setup (and the bunker), if you're interested:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=209119

picture.php

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
:woohoo: thanks for this gro!! I have only subbed to 2 threads at IC and this is one of them, keep rocking it and i hope you worked out all the kinks :yay:

SGS

Those roots look like an ad in a sunlight supply catalog for some type of root innoculant. Beautiful.

Maybe its the pics, but the "bills blue dreams" look like they have that weird 'TMV/notTMVbut a virus' variegation that seems to be getting more common. Those plants seem to take more Mg and it sends it into remission. I know this run is important to you and I would hate to see problems. Those whorled phylotoxy plants can go to shit 25-30 days into bloom if the Mg levels dip - they are hard to get back, so push em till they are almost blue to get the Mg levels high in the plant tissue. If you do this 95% of the time new leaves should not exhibit this feature.

Back to the roots...anything special besides keeping temps in check you are doing? You have the foundation to some potentially fantastically healthy girls with roots like that.

:lurk: I am gonna hang around if its cool....

Bunz

Looks like I got here soon enough for orchestra pit seats!!!!

Rock 'dem bitches!!!!:headbange

Bunz :D

N

Nondual

Ha ha...I've been thinking about the phrase 'Green Crack Attack' for a few weeks now. Looking good. That Blue Dream sounds interesting. A good cut is pretty damn good when done right! As for running both the very short flowering GC and long flowering BD in the same setup will that work? Jeez man I see clones all over the place. Looks like you're getting into gear.

highonmt

Veteran
Sweet man nice set up. The roots will be fine above 24c just add some chloramine or or similar for a sterile rez, mine tops out at 80f at times with no adverse effects. I'll be watching this one.
HM

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Those roots look like an ad in a sunlight supply catalog for some type of root innoculant. Beautiful.

Maybe its the pics, but the "bills blue dreams" look like they have that weird 'TMV/notTMVbut a virus' variegation that seems to be getting more common. Those plants seem to take more Mg and it sends it into remission. I know this run is important to you and I would hate to see problems. Those whorled phylotoxy plants can go to shit 25-30 days into bloom if the Mg levels dip - they are hard to get back, so push em till they are almost blue to get the Mg levels high in the plant tissue. If you do this 95% of the time new leaves should not exhibit this feature.

Back to the roots...anything special besides keeping temps in check you are doing? You have the foundation to some potentially fantastically healthy girls with roots like that.

:lurk: I am gonna hang around if its cool....

Velkommen!

I always thought that had something to do with the blueberry genetics and the crinkle deformity, since I've never seen it with non-blue plants. I never knew that it could be a virus. Interesting. The one pictured was a runt, I thought it looked cool, they've always grown out of it. If you check the first row in the planter pipes, the other BBD clones don't look like that.

Nothing special for the roots, I've never seen roots like that before, so that's a first for me. When I first saw it, I thought it was a mold. Check out where it's grabbing the hydroton. I'm using rapid rooters in hrdroton with a steady res temp of 18C, or 65F. Feed cycle is 1 min on/4 hours off.

BTW, I'm using AN Sensi 2 Part ferts, and no additives, althought I'm thinking about chlorinating my reservoirs, since I've had great luck doing the same with my cloning trays.

Here's a closeup of a healthy BBD clone:

picture.php

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
haha that is quite the photoshop there. and quite the magnificent lookin crack cola lol :joint:

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
It turns out that I never posted all of the pictures from my first run of Green Crack a few years back. Something pretty to look at while we wait for the current generation to grow.

I'll start things off at day 48.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
From the picture above, you can see that you'd be losing out on some bulk if you were to cut it right at 7 weeks, even though it's already very potent. I love the orange hairs, they look like wool threads.

Here's some shots from day 54:

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts