What's new

First Coco Grow Blue dream & Raspberry Kush

THE_SURGEON

Well It definatly feels good to be back in action after a 2 year break from doing what I love most. I decided to leave the old hydroton ebb and flow behind and start fresh with a nice coco grow.

My set up is simple, 4x4 Tray 25 gallon res and a custom made drip manifold. I am using Canna coco with a 80/20 mix with pearlite in 2 gallon smart pots also I have a layer of hydroton on the bottom of the pots for better drainage. The nutriants im using is the simple but effective GH line up with Botanicare cal-mag which is always a must when growing coco. I have used GH in the past with the Ebb and flow and never had one bunk harvest so I decided to see what it could do for me now.

Strains: I am rocking Blue Dream and Raspberry Kush, two Strains I have never growin before. These babies came from good old San Fran from a reliable source not some sketch dispenssary. I understand fully that these strains fall on opposite sides, but I will deal with the size difference when the time comes. The plants are not yellow its just the lighting so ill try and get some pics without the hps on. Currently im 16 days into veg and getting ready to throw them into flowering so just sit back and enjoy the show...

picture.php

filter for drippers
picture.php

picture.php

first day veg
picture.php

5 days veg
picture.php

9 days veg
picture.php

picture.php

Raspberry Kush 14 days veg
picture.php

touringfunkband

Nice setup Surge! You running Lucas with RO? Do you play with your calmag ratios or stick to somewhere around 5ml's per gallon?

THE_SURGEON

Nice setup Surge! You running Lucas with RO? Do you play with your calmag ratios or stick to somewhere around 5ml's per gallon?

Thanks man! Well I'm running similar to Lucas formula but I adjust everything as needed cause the dreams are heavy feeders. The calmag bottle says 5ml I believe but i started at 1/4 strength and now I'm up to half strength. As far as the RO water I'm not using anything but tap water which is neutral ph and pretty low ppm so it doesn't seem to cause any problems. I'll be switching these babies to flower today so let the fun begin.

keep a eye on those drippers so that they dont start getting clogged, if they do you can run the hoses right into the coco.....it works for me! Looking good though!!!!

THE_SURGEON

keep a eye on those drippers so that they dont start getting clogged, if they do you can run the hoses right into the coco.....it works for me! Looking good though!!!!

For sure! I taking some preventative measures and have the filter at the start of the manifold and I'm running drip clean in my mix to keep the hoses and drippers from building up salts and sludge. It's always good to flush the manifold when changing the resivore not only to clean the drippers but to get the old water out. Thanks for looking out man.

D

darkhorse

i was doing rasberry kush but got busted when they were in veg, be good to see how these turn out?
nice set up, good luck bud.

THE_SURGEON

The raspberry kush I've never seen growing and can't find any info on icmag so if anyone has any links to share please send them my way.
Kinger: dude the dream is already getting crazy on me and I already topped once so I'm thinking of putting up netting this weekend so they have something to keep them in check.

Mia

The raspberry kush I've never seen growing and can't find any info on icmag so if anyone has any links to share please send them my way.
Kinger: dude the dream is already getting crazy on me and I already topped once so I'm thinking of putting up netting this weekend so they have something to keep them in check.

Ooohhh
For future reference don't top blue dream, she doesn't like it.
I'll take a picture of my table of blue dreams tonite and show you, I hella like how they grow- pretty-like christmas trees.
Also flip her quick or she'll get out of hand real fast on you= short veg time.
Your BDs look legit.

THE_SURGEON

Ooohhh
For future reference don't top blue dream, she doesn't like it.
I'll take a picture of my table of blue dreams tonite and show you, I hella like how they grow- pretty-like christmas trees.
Also flip her quick or she'll get out of hand real fast on you= short veg time.
Your BDs look legit.

Yeah the nice christmas tree approach is nice but when it comes down to over all yield it will hurt you in many ways. Topping mine allowed the lower branches to catch up so i will still have a nice canopy especially if i put the netting up to isolate each branch for optimal growth. I used to just let my more sativa dominate strains grow straight up and found i yielded more with good topping techniques. I would like to see your pics just to get a better idea of growth patterns but i probably will stay away from rocking this indoors again. HAHA they should put a caution must have high cellings lable on them...

Mia

I'm not so sure yield is affected as much as you say.
Unless you have ALOT of space I don't think topping blue dreams indoors is a good idea. In fact, I kind of see it as a recipe for headaches.(could also be dependant on grow style though)
Outdoors i could see topping possibly working.
But some strains just don't like to be topped.
Either way I hope it works out great for you!
The reason I grow Blue Dreams the way I do is because I spoke with a "pretty famous grower"(the one I got my cuts from) who has been growing this strain for years and that is the style he advised me to use for the aforementioned reasons.
I only veg mine for like a week to ten days-basically when I see them start to take off. Because once they do they keep going!
I'll get those pics up by tomorrow.Good luck!

THE_SURGEON

Yeah if I would have went with the shorter veg time and possibley more plants approach I would have not topped but the my grower instinct kicked in so I topped them to prevent hight problem. I also had to let the kush catch up so lesson learned.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
I'm not so sure yield is affected as much as you say.
Unless you have ALOT of space I don't think topping blue dreams indoors is a good idea. In fact, I kind of see it as a recipe for headaches.(could also be dependant on grow style though)
Outdoors i could see topping possibly working.
But some strains just don't like to be topped.
Either way I hope it works out great for you!
The reason I grow Blue Dreams the way I do is because I spoke with a "pretty famous grower"(the one I got my cuts from) who has been growing this strain for years and that is the style he advised me to use for the aforementioned reasons.
I only veg mine for like a week to ten days-basically when I see them start to take off. Because once they do they keep going!
I'll get those pics up by tomorrow.Good luck!

Which is exactly why I made a post about other options other than trays..cause...i vegged mine( bluedream) for 30days lol...and im hurting now. My only option is the girls on the ground with saucers, they stand taller than Danny Devito atm, and only 1 week in flower.

THE_SURGEON

Which is exactly why I made a post about other options other than trays..cause...i vegged mine( bluedream) for 30days lol...and im hurting now. My only option is the girls on the ground with saucers, they stand taller than Danny Devito atm, and only 1 week in flower.

Did you happen to top yours or let th grow straight up? I only vegged 18 days but the first week they were stressed so I got slow growth rates. I'm curios to compare yield per plant when everyone is done(not for bragging but future reference)

TripleDraw27

Veteran
I let mine go, no topping. Didnt have the heart. My lesson with that girl. Flipping early for now on. My growth vertically, did not stop for awhile in Flower. Had a great result, but hindsight is, flipping for me will begin in that 15 day range < for bd>.

THE_SURGEON

I let mine go, no topping. Didnt have the heart. My lesson with that girl. Flipping early for now on. My growth vertically, did not stop for awhile in Flower. Had a great result, but hindsight is, flipping for me will begin in that 15 day range < for bd>.

I almost flipped at day 14 but I wanted to get a little more structure before I sent them and so I went 18 days. Last night was first day flower so I can't wait to see what they do in my setup. Im lucky I have high ceilings and the option to lower my tray but this is a half ass room I have going can't wait to get my legit room back. You got any pics of ur BDs I'm interested to see the stretching ur talking about.

Herborizer

Veteran
I top bd many times over. It's scrogs awesome!! I am pulling consistent 3-4zips from one plant this way. Bd is an aggressive plant.