What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W super lemon haze, first vertical attempt.

jungo

ok, its official, my first vertical attempt took off.

400W bare bulb.
3 super lemon haze females.
a secret jardin tent.
GHE Nutritions.

i will circle the bulb with a screen and make a VSCROG.

here is my set up, wish me luck.

Attachments

• mh1.jpg
    mh1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15

wisco61

Looking good. Eventually the tops of the plants will be above the bulb so you will want to run the lamp cord up the chain, but besides that it all looks perfect. You've got a good thing going there.

Good luck!

It just so happens this is my first vert attempt (600watts), and I have Super Lemon Haze too! I will hang out and watch this, it will be fun!

will be watching. i am currently doing the homework for designing a 400w vscrog, possibly aero but likely just low pressure.

looks good, waiting for more pics =]

Yes more pics please when you have them!

Kaptain- I've been toying with the idea of a organic aero way down the road a bit. Keep us posted with your grow when it gets going!

jungo

thanks for the interest everyone, i appreciate it.

i transplanted the plants to a bigger pot yesterday.

ive been trying to think on an individual screen for each plant that will create a circle around the bulb when you put them together.

i tried something but i don't feel completely comfortable with it because its a bit unstable.

i think that there are some signs of over feeding (what do you think ?). this is my first time with GHE and with this strain so i guess ill do some fine tuning later on.

Attachments

• DSC_0193.jpg
    DSC_0193.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0196.jpg
    DSC_0196.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0194.jpg
    DSC_0194.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0192.jpg
    DSC_0192.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 15

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi.
For the screens, have a look at ichabod cranes thread-the fisrt pic shows a nice screen made from pvc pipe- lots of folks have made screen like these.

311devon

i've been running super lemon haze for about a year now, and contrary to their ads, my pheno doesnt tolerate alot. It's a bit of a primadonna. Doesnt like a lot of nutes, or wind or water or dry or heat and on and on. I'm just now really figuring it out.

Yours look overfed to me. Maybe a lil to wet early on too. Mines picky as hell, stick with it.

Check any of Marlo's thread for pot based vscrog screens. Dude has a great design. He has since switched to screen on the wall instead though. Mine is similar, its not on the wall but very very close.

SLH is one of the most finicky strains I've had yet. At first said I said I didn't think I wanted to continue with it, but now I might be nuts about it! Both my phenos like average water & nitro + extra cal + finicky b@%*¡, I'm still going for a third round with it tho!

jungo

i saw those screens and they do look great but i cant find the materials to make them here.
i have only 3 plants and i wanted to make 3 individuals screens that will create a cylinder around the bulb when put together.

anyway, next time ill give them plain water and see what will happen.

jungo

i think i managed to stable the plants nutrion , they look much better right now.
i "feel" that they established a good rooting system and they feel like eating now.

every one of them looks a bit different.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18

jungo

they get bigger.
i think its time to start thinking about the flip.
i want to start trimming the girls and put them on a screen, i guess ill do it tommorow.

BTW, do you trim during flower ?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 16

420ish

a nice cheap easy way to make vertical screens is with wood.i used 2"x2" wood sides and top screwed into a 1/2" plywood base.the base is about 16 inches wide by 8 inches deep and the two sides are 3 feet tall top is 16 inches.i used plastic coated wire fencing with around 4 inch squares for the screen.much cheaper and easier then pvc.i used drywall screws to secure the fencing to the wood.i cut the bases sort of pie shaped to make them fit in a 44 inch circle around the bulb!i use 8 in the 44 inch circle

jungo

no, this is my first experience with it.
i have enough vertical space for the stretch, its easier with vertical setup but i guess i need to flip soon.

jungo

left home early today so i can finally put the screens on.
i am still not sure if i should trim the plants or not.
ill give them another day or two to get use to the idea of a being behind bars and ill flip the lights.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1445.jpg
    DSCF1445.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF1446.jpg
    DSCF1446.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1447.jpg
    DSCF1447.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1448.jpg
    DSCF1448.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1449.jpg
    DSCF1449.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF1450.jpg
    DSCF1450.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 15

i have two diff pheno's right now. one stretches 2-3, the other 3-4. the thinner leaf version stretches more and starts to flower quicker

jungo

same here, i have those two pheno's as well.
got to say that the one with the thin leafs looks great.

although if they stretch 3 to 4 times higher i will have a problem, it will be too high and i might put an extra bulb over there.

yesterday they had there first 12 hr sleep and today they will get there new diet for the first stage of flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts