What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to post full size images

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
This is a quick tutorial on how to create an album on ICMag and then use those images in a thread.

You must be logged into ICMag to create an album.

At the top click on User Menu and select My Albums

picture.php

Click the Create New Album Button

picture.php

This will open a window where you will name the album and provide a description if you desire. Make sure the album is set to public if you want people to see the images you post. Click the Submit button at the bottom.

picture.php

Your album is named and saved and now you just need to add some pictures. Click the Upload Images button.

picture.php

You will now have a list of 10 upload boxes, click the Browse... button on the first one.

picture.php

This will open a window that allows you to browse to the picture on your computer you want to upload. Your screen may look a little different depending on your operating system. Navigate to the location where the image you want to upload is located on your computer and double click it. You can do this with up to 10 different images.

picture.php

Once you have selected the pictures you want to upload click the Upload Pictures button at the bottom.

picture.php

It may take a bit of time to upload so be patient. Once it is done you will see the screen below with your images and the name of the uploaded file will be in the Caption box. You can rename each of the files if you like but it is not necessary. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

picture.php

You now have the images uploaded to your Album. Click on the image you would like to post.

picture.php

The image will open full size and below it are two boxes. Click in the BB Code box and copy the text. Paste the text in a post and you are golden.

picture.php

MIway

Veteran
what is the difference between the url & bb codes?

kinda at a toss up on this one... on one side, totally cool to open up a thread & see a nice sized image of a clear shot... on the other, sucks to open with multiple full size images (sometimes really sucks) vs thumbnails...?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
If I get a vote, PLEASE don't do this. It's rude and a waste of time and bandwidth. Someone posted pics the other day that were over 48 inches x 72 inches. That's over 4 foot x 6 foot. They contained no information that wasn't available at 4 inches x 6 inches and a reduction to 4 inches x 6 inches would've increased clarity and readability.

If you're going to post full size, reduce full size to 600 pixels or less and "Save for Web" prior to upload.

End rant.

airplane

thanks! sounds dificulate, but omce I follow you directions I'll get the hang of it. I'm computer stupid concerning this.:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts