What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita pro 600 x 2 / LEP 300 test grow

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hi folks

Time for a new test thread. I have decided to test out the new Gavita pro range the 400v hid and the 300w plasma, LEP.

I will of course run a full journal for this.

Incase anyone is unsure of these the 600 pro uses a 600w 400v el lamp. Higher par / photon output than a normal 220 v hps.

And the LEP is a 300 w light emitting plasma. Air cooled version as I think the magnetrons would over heat in a small tent.

Has anyone any experience with either of these technologies. I know neither is particularly new, especially the 400v el, but never seen much interns of grow journals.

Pics to follow.

Strains used will be chem d, casy jones, giesel, kq, sour d Jah dn cut and ecsd cc.

Normal feed scheme, drippers. Oh, getting smart pots for this run. 4-6 week veg and scrog.

Last edited:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
smart pots in uk where from

you got any figures for the lamps how many extra lumens etc

al be watching with intrest

BIGGS

Veteran
i'm locked in, should be interesting to see how they perform. think sann,ie runs the gavita's. so might be worth checking out some of his grows.

where did you see snoop? wasn't he in wales recently visiting a vegtable grower?

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hi chaps.

You can get smart pots from any store that has an account with dgs. Ie they sell house and garden, iws systems. They are new to this country. I feel a coco bed coming on with a 200gal cut in half, height wise.

Interms of outputs, I like to keep all the techy stuff away from these threads to avoid the age old arguments. But please check out gavitas website and YouTube.

Ha ha that snoop vid was hilarious, the sky reporters faces. I did not meet him in person this time as was too busy to get away but his manager was here a few days before hand.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I've just lmfao @ that snoop dog sky vid, hilarious...

root grow :D been using it a while myself!! Jokes aside I love a good test so will get myself in early for the show. Need to go and have a read on the lights your using though, heard of gativa's and also plasma tech but never really read anything informative about them.

justagrower

No experience with the gavitas herb but the ol monk used to swear by em. "crazy russian bulbs with inbuilt reflector" :) that added % to final yeild he was sure. they still got the reflector ? Durga was gony send some over with the PBP nutes but we weren t sure they d work with em being 110v over there.
look forward to the show mate , all the best

theherbalizor

Veteran
I totally prefer to grow the cc also, much better growth characteristics but he is now the 3rd us smoker to have sampled both and give me the same feed back.

If I want to grow am og, then I will. If I fancy the sd NA cut then I grow that. I have ditched all my og cuts in favour of the sd NA cut. Horses for courses I suppose.

Anyway, got me LEP delivered today, it's cool. Well totally cold. Weird having no heat from the bulb.

Oh and these are from the same company that make the internal reflector bulb. But I am not using one of them. It's the Phillips 600w el bulb that I'll be using.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Well I have the units now sitting in my living room. I shall take them to the grow house and install tomorrow.

I shall just throw some food down my neck and take some shots of the units for your guys,

I plugged the LEP in at the shop earlier and it's awesome. The spread is amazing. I wonder if I can replace my 600w of t5 for veg for one of these 300s.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Well I have the units now sitting in my living room. I shall take them to the grow house and install tomorrow.

I shall just throw some food down my neck and take some shots of the units for your guys,

I plugged the LEP in at the shop earlier and it's awesome. The spread is amazing. I wonder if I can replace my 600w of t5 for veg for one of these 300s.

Replacing the 600w of veg now you got me interested

theherbalizor

Veteran
TBH this just has to be tried in veg. I will get an idea over the next weeks what the coverage is like in a 1.5 m tent with one lep 300 in the middle. The spread at about a foot and half off the floor is easily 1.5m square.

Right, shots of promised before they get taken over to the house and installed.

First the Pro 600.

Ballast is local as aposed to remote (which is also available). Its a very light (excuse the pun) unit.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next the LEP 300

Measurements as they can not be found anywhere that i can find. 585mm long by 150mm wide. IE 6 inch duct required.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More shots tomorrow when set up.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I need an honest write up lol just checked out the prices geez they gotta perform well

were you given the units lol

peace

BIGGS

Veteran
still can't get over how small the bulb on the lep is. any ideas how much a bulb for the lep is herb?

eyes

Veteran
Looks like a nice unit. im a bit skeptical though when a new product is released and they say how its so much better and brighter. For me reliability is key. 600 watts is 600 watts no matter if its 110-120 or 240 volt. Yes, the digis burn brighter then the mags- I can attest to that .If its the par watts or micromoles or spectrum of a new bulb that there touting ,then id be interested in listening.

Are u locked into that philips 600 bulb to reap all the benefits? Can you use a different bulb? Anyway,look forward to a test for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts