What's new

Curling leaf tips

trev14

Im growing one plant under my 205 watt LED and it looks healthy but the top have started curling at the tips recently. All the leaves are still green and only the top ones are doing it the bottom leaves are the same as they've been throughout veg. Has anyone else encountered this problem or know what this maybe caused from?
axf8nb.jpg

W

wilbur

light burn or nutrient stress or under/over watering. can you put up a color pic, mate so I can see the colour of yr leaves? any possibility of drainage probs? back tomorrow.

J

jonnybgood29

hard to tell from photos, but it looks like ph lockout, test ph.... seems a bit on the high side, but hard to tell from a b&w pic!

trev14

Sorry about the lack of info the plant is an unknown bagseed grown in FFOF with a 3/4 nute regimen of dutch master grow parts A&B. The leaves only seem to be curling like this on the top leaves closest to the light the lower leaves grow normally and look very healthy. The plant is about 3 and 1/2 months into veg and the problem started about 4 weeks ago.

BigDawg

either overwatering or too much grow for the amount of light you're giving it. possibly rootbound. make sure your pH is in healthy range and to be sure you're getting some run-off waste every watering. could be a salt build up over-time

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Sorry about the lack of info the plant is an unknown bagseed grown in FFOF with a 3/4 nute regimen of dutch master grow parts A&B. The leaves only seem to be curling like this on the top leaves closest to the light the lower leaves grow normally and look very healthy. The plant is about 3 and 1/2 months into veg and the problem started about 4 weeks ago.

Exactly how my plants are bottom leaves are normal but the top leaves are curling......wish I could post a pic but theres no need to cuz your plant is doing the exact samething as mine......i have two different strains going white russian and purple daywrecker and only the purple daywrecker are doing this not the white russians

trev14

Thanks BB that thread was very helpful as I have the same questions as you. I will be keeping an eye on ph and nitrogen levels.

R

Raw_Dog

ROOT APHIDS! Check that first, if you see one, then there are thousands you don't see. That's not overwatering or nutrients, Ph, thats BUGS!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey bro check my thread it be caused by Nitrogen toxicity

That's what I'd guess. Check the runoff EC, it's prolly through the roof. N toxicity can delay flower so you'd benefit by slacking up on it. If it were mine I'd feed it straight pk booster only, like kool bloom liquid (0-10-10). Might help to burn off all that excess n. If it starts to fade too early you could switch to full bloom nutes.

R

Raw_Dog

Man, check your root zone... look at the roots very closely and look for the smallest little bug to move, shake the pot up if you have to, if a little spidermite looking bug is walking around in the soil, ROOT APHIDS, it is affecting the WHOLE COUNTRY. Nitrogen Toxicity? Drench your roots for 2 mins each and lockout and etc will be cured... If you have aphids... DEATH TO YOUR ROOM, which do you want to listen to?

R

Raw_Dog

I used to Triazicide and bayer Tree and Shrub, excellent cures to your problem.