What's new

DR60 400W SCROG - Big Bang and The Church

LokiLoki

Hello!

This is the first time i'm doing a scrog, and also the first time growing with 400W (Used 250w before).
As i document all my grows as much as i can id decided to share it here one these wonderful forums!
I have been growing a lot before, but i have still much to learn.

I'm very grateful for the help i can get to improving my growing techniques!

My Setup
  • Strains: Big Bang (from greenhouse)
  • DR60 Secret Jardian Tent (60*60*160cm).
  • 400W MH - Powerplant Superveg
  • 400W HPS - Gib XTreme
  • 125mm Cooltube
  • Fan - TT-125-U
  • Filter - Actually i have no idea, it might be a CAN 200m³/h.
  • Containers/pots - 18Liter.

Soil: I've been using this mix for many years and i've been having very good results with it.
  • 30% Dark soil with light nutes
  • 40% Vegetable soil
  • 10% Gold Label Black worm casting
  • 20% hydrokorrels and Perlite

Nutrition
Im using the whole Biobizz collection! (i love biobizz!)
  • Rootjuice
  • Fishmix (love this one!)
  • Bio-Grow
  • Bio-Blom
  • BioHeaven
  • TopMax
  • Alg-a-mic
  • Hesi's Supervit
  • Halo! (Anyone used this before? its totally new to me)

The Big bang is in the tent and have popped out the dirt, but the church is still germinating!
I'm using 20/4 light in veg and 12/12 in bloom.

And heres some pictures :)

picture.php

picture.php

And heres a closeup on Big Bang :)

Going to update this thread with pictures as often as i can!
If you have any links with good info on scrog feel free to post them, all help is welcomed!

I also have a 400W Sonlight AGRO, anyone know if this works any good? I have a feeling GIB XTreme works better for flowering. But iv'e heard that a little blue light help some in flowering.

Happy growing! :tiphat:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Damn Loki, looking good bro, love the setup, I'll be grabbing a chair and catching those photo updates.

Peace

LokiLoki

Damn Loki, looking good bro, love the setup, I'll be grabbing a chair and catching those photo updates.

Peace

Thanks! :dance013:

I love the TT-125-U fan, it has a speed controller and also a built in thermometer which can turn the fan to max if it get to warm. But its starting to sound pretty weird and annoying, so i think i'm going to replace it with a 100mm 175m³/h from Systemair.

Its about 30c in the tent now, i want it around 27c so i installed a 120m³/h inline fan from ventilution. I also have a 120mm pc-fan.

Has anyone been using HALO? Its a powder i mix with water and spray the plants with. Its supposed to stress the plant and trick it thats its under attack, by doing this its going to grow faster and produce more they say. Im going to try it. If anyone know anything about this please let me know!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hy lokiloki you are welcome to ic..
you have good setup , tent and great genetic , i have tt 100 fan and work well and not annoying , is normal sound!!
you can buy the tt100 for intake fresh air and continius to exaust hot air with your tt 125 like this sure your temps go down from 30° to 25°/26° degres that are perfect!!!
for the HALO never i use so i can't help ...
ill be watching your thread

LokiLoki

hy lokiloki you are welcome to ic..
you have good setup , tent and great genetic , i have tt 100 fan and work well and not annoying , is normal sound!!
you can buy the tt100 for intake fresh air and continius to exaust hot air with your tt 125 like this sure your temps go down from 30° to 25°/26° degres that are perfect!!!
for the HALO never i use so i can't help ...
ill be watching your thread

Thanks and welcome to my thread :)

It looks like its only going to be one plant, Big bang. The Church haven't germinated yet. ive opened the seed yesterday but can't see any sign of life.

The thing is, i connected to fan wrong and blew the hot air from the cooltube trough the tt125 fan for about a day, i think it got too hot and thats why it sounds weird i bet.

But i have my systemair fan and it worked great with a 250hps (without cooltube), will try install it now and see how it goes :)

Is there anything i should thing about when doing a scrog? I'm not sure how to prune them etc.. anyone?

Thanks!

LokiLoki

Changed outtake fan and added some more fans + net

Changed outtake fan and added some more fans + net

Ok so i changed the TT-125-U to a Systemair 175m³/h, also added two table fans inside the tent to get some good circulation of air.

I also added a net, i can easily move it up and down.
I think this one is going to be great!

picture.php

picture.php

Opus53

looking good lokiloki, next time id let the plant develope a bit before useing such a large pot! just be careful with watering until she grows some.

bests with progress........opus53

LokiLoki

looking good lokiloki, next time id let the plant develope a bit before useing such a large pot! just be careful with watering until she grows some.

bests with progress........opus53

Actually my plan was to use a very small pot and then slowly upgrade to a 18-20liters.
But i got baked and totally forgot.

Should i dig up the plant and replant it into a smaller pot and save the 18 liter for later? I know its the best but I've had some good results with this method also, they seem to stretch a bit more, which i think is good for scrog?

And also could you explain to me why i have to be careful with the watering? I guess its cus it wont drink it all and the soil becomes too wet?

I'm also wondering about pruning, should i let the plant grow freely under the net or should i remove the smallest branches for more big buds and less popcorn?

If anyone know a thread with some scrog info id be very happy :D
Thanks for tuning in, going to try and get as much as possible from this one.

:wave:

A

ariston

Actually my plan was to use a very small pot and then slowly upgrade to a 18-20liters.
But i got baked and totally forgot.
This is probably the funniest post in ICMAG.

Should i dig up the plant and replant it into a smaller pot and save the 18 liter for later? I know its the best but I've had some good results with this method also, they seem to stretch a bit more, which i think is good for scrog?
If you dig carefully and not close enough to touch the roots of the seedlings, I dont think it would be stressful for the plants to go into other pots. Just watch out so you dont damage any roots.

And also could you explain to me why i have to be careful with the watering? I guess its cus it wont drink it all and the soil becomes too wet?

I'm also wondering about pruning, should i let the plant grow freely under the net or should i remove the smallest branches for more big buds and less popcorn?

If anyone know a thread with some scrog info id be very happy :D
Thanks for tuning in, going to try and get as much as possible from this one.

:wave:
About the watering, it takes a long time for water to evaporate from a large pot. Since the plant is too small to suck any water up, it may take several days before the soil is dry enough to water again.

Nice looking setup, I had a similar setup in a wardrobe with 400w and scrog, but with hydro. When you are limited by space, I definitely think SCROG is the best technique to use.

Good luck man!

LokiLoki

Thanks Ariston! :tiphat:
I'm going to try and dig it up, its not that big now so i don't think its rootsystem is that complex. Going to try with a 3 liters.

I have been doing LST before and liked it, but scrog seems so much better for my dr60!

Happy growing everyone!

Edit: How many buds should i aim for? is 20 good?
Id rather have a few big buds then a lot of small ones..

Thanks!

Last edited:

LokiLoki

Small update

Small update

Hello, i'm back for a small update.

I'm going to try and update this thread with no less then one pic every 7 day, so heres the Big Bang seven days old.

picture.php

Oh yeah i didn't transplant it, so i'm going to keep it in the 18liters.
Everything is looking good, the temp is a bit high around 30-33Celsius but I've grown this strain before and it seems to like high temps.

This Big Bang can also take a lot of nutes so im going to start with 2-3ml/liter extra for one week and see how it goes.

I've been using Biobizz Root Juice, Bio Heaven and Fish Mix for one week, will add Bio-grow now.

Damn i can't wait for this bush to fill up the net!

Take care! :wave:

BET

Sweet pics man, keep 'em coming. I'm contemplating a 250W HPS next time round, so seeing a 400W one will help for future reference. Young plant looks nice and happy with nice close together nodes

BET

LokiLoki

Sweet pics man, keep 'em coming. I'm contemplating a 250W HPS next time round, so seeing a 400W one will help for future reference. Young plant looks nice and happy with nice close together nodes

BET

Welcome and thanks for stopping by BET!

I sprayed the plant with HALO on the 22th. i dunno if it was the HALO or the nutes, but damn its growing like crazy!

Still very compact and i have a feeling this one is going to be one crazy bush!

Will upload pictures on sunday! (if i can wait that long!)

Happy Growing!

LokiLoki

New pictures

New pictures

Here's a new update, the big bang is loving it in the tent, looking very healthy and is developing into a fine bush!

17 days from seed:
picture.php

picture.php

Grizz

Veteran
just a thought from expreince, get rid of the wire and go with string, harvesting is a bitch with the wire, string can be cut away so much easer

LokiLoki

green healthy big bang...well done bro, promise so good!!!!
Thanks man! :)

jesus that thing is compact. looking very healthy.
Yeah i really love the pheno on this one, looks perfect for scrog!
Thanks for stopping by :)

just a thought from expreince, get rid of the wire and go with string, harvesting is a bitch with the wire, string can be cut away so much easer
Thanks, tips is always welcome!
Im gonna think about it :)