Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Cannabis Law and Politics > Legalize Marijuana-California Initiatives

Thread Title Search    
Click to download IC Magazine Issue #5
 Legalize Marijuana-California Initiatives Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #271
seņorsloth

seņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant future
so this talk of there being two measures on the ballot, what happened to that? i strongly believe that this measure will pass in California. UNLESS there are 2 separate measures like they were talking about awhile ago...maybe pot smokers would vote yes for both, but i think the majority of people voting yes who don't smoke will end up picking one or the other pretty randomly, instead of getting 55% of the vote for one initiative you will end up with 33% for each of the 2 separate initiatives...i'm pretty sure there is no way it will pass if there is more than one on the ballot. the majority of people we will need to vote yes will be non smokers, and they are going to be reluctant to vote yes on one, pretty popular initiative, much less to vote on two, confusingly identical ones...lets face it on this term there will be a LOT of sheeple coming out to just vote for the prez and then blah through everything else...happens every presidential election.
seņorsloth jest offline   Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #272
kmk420kali
Freedom Fighter

kmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivorkmk420kali is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by seņorsloth View Post
so this talk of there being two measures on the ballot, what happened to that? i strongly believe that this measure will pass in California. UNLESS there are 2 separate measures like they were talking about awhile ago...maybe pot smokers would vote yes for both, but i think the majority of people voting yes who don't smoke will end up picking one or the other pretty randomly, instead of getting 55% of the vote for one initiative you will end up with 33% for each of the 2 separate initiatives...i'm pretty sure there is no way it will pass if there is more than one on the ballot. the majority of people we will need to vote yes will be non smokers, and they are going to be reluctant to vote yes on one, pretty popular initiative, much less to vote on two, confusingly identical ones...lets face it on this term there will be a LOT of sheeple coming out to just vote for the prez and then blah through everything else...happens every presidential election.
I think they are still signing Petitions...neither one has enough to get on yet-- I haven't really been following it lately...but I also hope there are not 2 on the Ballot...I agree, it will divide votes, and neither will pass--

My GH at the pad-- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post4996785
kmk420kali jest offline   Quote

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #273
jj.thecarnivore

jj.thecarnivore is on a distinguished road
I like the way you think! I want to go as soon as you open ^_^* sounds nice.

thats better.....
jj.thecarnivore jest offline   Quote

Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #274
jj.thecarnivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj.thecarnivore View Post

thats better.....

Last edited by jj.thecarnivore; 01-04-2012 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: Cuz I didnt get the post I liked attached.. so it doesnt make sense.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #275
jj.thecarnivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj.thecarnivore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugghead View Post
"Regulate MJ Like Wine."

Well. You can hardly sneeze around my neck of the woods, without hitting a biodynamic, organically certified, sustainable winery with wine tasting room.

I can't help wondering if this goes through, whether we'll see little MJ tasting rooms spring up. 15 strains in jar with a tasting menu - maybe $10 gets you five hits, one from each strain. Harvest/trim parties, special discounts and events for "members," music and barbecues, edibles and paraphernalia sold at 100% markup. I know darn well that that wine tasting crowd gets high too.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. Making good wine is a heck of a lot harder than growing good herb, especially if you don't have to go on the sneak about it. And stoners make much better clientele than drunks.

I sure wouldn't mind owning and operating a little plot of earth with an MJ tasting barn. Something to aspire to.

thats better.....

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #276
onegreenday
Banned

onegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of light
I suspect you may be right with the multiple ballot initiatives.

It looks like there could be more than 2 ballot initiatives for
this election cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seņorsloth View Post
onegreenday jest offline   Quote

Old 01-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #277
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivor
Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Initiative Gathers 20,000 Signatures

Additional current info I found on the web:

California registered voters, If you'd like to help with gathering signatures for the initiative the petiton can be found on the menu bar and downlaoded from thier website here:
Regulate Marijuana Like Wine

..and a recent story..DD

Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Initiative Gathers 20,000 Signatures

By Nick SchouTue., Jan. 3 2012 at 4:00 PM
The last few months of 2011 weren't exactly fun for advocates of medical marijuana in California. The federal government threatened to seize properties being used for illegally cultivating or dispensing marijuana, media organizations including this one were put on alert that they could be prosecuted for running ads for dispensaries, and a confusing court case from Long Beach seemed to provide cities with a convenient rationale for banning storefront pot shops.

But the news wasn't all bad--apparently, the fourth quarter of last year saw a major boost for the so-called Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Initiative, which is slated for this November's ballot and if passed, would effectively legalize marijuana for recreational use by adults.

Specifically, according to the campaign's organizers, they raised $100,000 and collected 20,000 signatures last fall. The ballot initiative's backers have set up seven campaign headquarters up and down the state, and are planning major outreach efforts this year. Notable supporters range from the predictable--Tommy Chong and Stephen DeAngelo, CEO of Oakland's Harborside Health Center mega-dispensary and star of the Discovery Channel's new medical marijuana-themed reality show Weed Wars--to libertarians like Jim Gray, the former Orange County Superior Court judge, U.S. Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (R-Huntington Beach) and California State Assemblyman Chris Norby R-Fullerton).

Meanwhile, polls conducted by the group estimate that 62 percent of Americans favor treating marijuana like California's other famous export--wine. Now there's an idea on how to revitalize California's economy: turn marijuana into the state's number one legal--and therefore taxable--cash crop. Given the fact that the Netherlands, the world's current top destination for cannabis tourists around the world--plans to ban non-Dutch citizens from having access to marijuana in January 2013, the timing seems ideal for passing that distinction on to the Golden State.

Last edited by Doobieduck; 01-04-2012 at 02:42 PM..
DoobieDuck jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #278
SeaMaiden

Subscribed, as we gird ourselves to ready for battle with Amador County's emergency ban on all outdoor cultivation. I know we're talking about a local issue vs a state issue, but state laws and constitution still, to the best of my knowledge, extend to local municipalities. If the state gets this better sorted out then perhaps our county will be forced to drop the kind of regulation that's being currently discussed.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #279
onegreenday
Banned

onegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of lightonegreenday is a glorious beacon of light
This part of Regulate Like Wine should solve your problem w the county.

quote:(1) No taxes, fees, laws, rules, regulations, zones, local city or county zoning requirements may be adopted or enacted to defeat, deny, or prohibit the purposes of this Act, or to defeat, deny, or prohibit this adult class or, associations, organizations, commercial, agricultural, or industrial businesses authorized herein, from engaging in the activities authorized and protected by this Act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaiden View Post
Subscribed, as we gird ourselves to ready for battle with Amador County's emergency ban on all outdoor cultivation. I know we're talking about a local issue vs a state issue, but state laws and constitution still, to the best of my knowledge, extend to local municipalities. If the state gets this better sorted out then perhaps our county will be forced to drop the kind of regulation that's being currently discussed.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #280
Midnight Rudy
A regular boracho in disguise

Midnight Rudy is a jewel in the roughMidnight Rudy is a jewel in the roughMidnight Rudy is a jewel in the roughMidnight Rudy is a jewel in the rough
If they only got 20,000 sigs then this is shot according to vta's original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vta View Post

On Monday, the secretary of state's office said proponents can begin gathering the 504,760 signatures they'll need to collect by Dec. 19 to put the initiative on the June or November ballots next year. The timing depends on how quickly the signatures are submitted and verified, although Kubby said proponents plan to submit revisions that would likely push the measure to the November general election.
Something must be wrong because they seem like they are still rolling full steam on the website.
Midnight Rudy jest offline   Quote

Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #281
onegreenday
Banned

I bet that's a mistake as they are collecting signatures right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rudy View Post

Something must be wrong because they seem like they are still rolling full steam on the website.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #282
onegreenday
Banned

It's on the state website like this:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ball...irculation.htm

1516. (11-0039)

Marijuana Legalization. Initiative Statute.

Summary Date: 10/27/11 | Circulation Deadline: 03/26/12 | Signatures Required: 504,760

Proponents: James P. Gray, William McPike, Stephen Collett, and Steve Kubby (415) 830-6070

Decriminalizes marijuana sales, distribution, possession, use, cultivation, and transportation. Dismisses pending court actions inconsistent with its provisions. Retains laws forbidding use while driving or in workplace. Establishes regulation of commercial marijuana trade to match regulation of wine and beer. Allows noncommercial production up to 24 flowering plants per household, or more with local approval. Authorizes retail sales of marijuana with THC level of .3% or more to persons 21 or older; if less, no age limit. Directs state and local officials to not cooperate with federal enforcement of marijuana laws. Bans development of genetically modified marijuana. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: The fiscal effects of this measure are subject to considerable uncertainty depending on: (1) the extent to which the federal government continues to enforce federal marijuana laws and (2) the specific taxes applied to marijuana. Savings of potentially several tens of millions of dollars annually to state and local governments on the costs of incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders. Potentially hundreds of millions of dollars in net additional tax revenues related to the production and sale of marijuana products. (11-0039) (Full Text)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rudy View Post

Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #283
seņorsloth

seņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant futureseņorsloth has a brilliant future
so whats the deal? everybody is talking about the other two states up for legalization...but nobody is even mentioning cali...whats the news there?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #284
seņorsloth

so nothing? hard to believe with this huge member group there is only 1 post a day in the politics forum...this is why pot is illegal...nobody cares about politics...apparently if we all just ignore the countries problems they will get better and not much, much worse...

Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #285
SeaMaiden

You just haven't found the threads discussing the issues in California is all.

Or, maybe those people who are involved have been as I have--busy with being involved.