Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Old School Seed Grow.

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds
 Old School Seed Grow. Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

stihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivor
Old School Seed Grow.

Im starting this thread because another thread in here about germinating old seeds got me wanting to try these seeds i've had since like (earliest i can remember having them)1999 and are as old as 1995-6 maybe. I just separated the seeds i had in the little baggie, i made a most likely gonna pop pile, and a i don't think these seeds were done pile. i put 5 viable looking seeds in a cup with some water to crack. it was 4 seeds but one immediately sank to the bottom and i added a 5th.

all i can tell you about the seeds is they are weed, from guys on the street so it could be anything from anywhere in the 90's.

if this forum isn't for threads like this can you please move it to the microgrowers forum for me. thank you.

Last edited by stihgnobevoli; 06-21-2011 at 11:13 PM..
stihgnobevoli jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

stihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivorstihgnobevoli is a survivor
all 5 sank to the bottom, none cracked open after 2.5 days. i had to manually crack the shells with my teeth before putting them in the dirt. lets see what happens. im prolly going to soak some more tonight since they usually crack and have tails by 2 days floating in water. we shall see.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
GrowItOut

GrowItOut will become famous soon enoughGrowItOut will become famous soon enough
Good Luck!

Let's hope you get some sprouts! Then maybe there will be luck for me too. I've just returned to growing, but have a few leftovers from '98. Some Kali Mist from Serious, Greenhouse's White Widow, Sensi Big Bud. I've read here that those old seeds are very worthwhile, as they represent old stock from legendary breeders. But before I try those I'm practicing on some fresh genetics.

Not sure what to suggest that might help. Some say scarification (using sandpaper on the shell), and maybe Rhizotonic (root stimulator) in the H2O.

Best of luck to ya!
GrowItOut jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

left town for a while...

anyway im back ill be resuming my project soon.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
Superstone

Superstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to behold
Some of the best weed I ever grew and smoked was from bagseed during the ninties.I knew alot of growers at that time and always had access to good "kindbud".I've been strain searching ever since hoping to find something close to what I used to grow back then.At any rate best of luck ressurecting those vintage seeds.My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Superstone jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

thanks man, i might just need it.

yeah i agree some of the best weed i ever smoked came from the 90's.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #7
DRorganic

DRorganic is just really niceDRorganic is just really niceDRorganic is just really niceDRorganic is just really nice
i love kalimist. i have a cross i made from jlp sourdog that is rez sourD xogbx1 xkalimist
and so far both are very sativa looking slender leafs and one is very sticky just as frosty as my mosca c99bx. the other is i think a longer flowering pheno very slender leaf like a haze but full of bud .
DRorganic jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

i never knew any of the names of the weeds we got back then, it was always random connections on the street, etc. anyway no one seemed to care, all i remember is most of it was sativa, soaring highs, we would be high hours from 1 blunt amongst 4-5 people. felt like you were flying and all you were doing was walking down the street, and so giggly, couldnt stop laughing if you tried. sometimes it was indica but mostly sativa's, or hybrids. one i liked was really trippy with a body stone, but not couchlock, just made your feet feel heavy, legs tingly, head feel like a balloon, as it came down it was very narcotic, if you couldnt hang you would be asleep 2 hours after you smoked, but if you managed to teeter on the edge... omg the closed eye visuals like dreaming while being awake. puts you in a trance or something, you are cognitive of everything you can hear but your mind is drawing pictures in your head.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivor
good luck . i have germed 15 year old seeds but the ones 20 years old or older didnt germ at all.
supermanlives jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #10
Superstone

Superstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to beholdSuperstone is a splendid one to behold
I grew this weed that really fucked with audio perception one time.It made me feel like I was at the bottom of a well and all sound reached my ears from above.It was really freaky and I enjoyed the hell out of it. The mature plant was about 2 feet tall.The buds were the biggest I've ever grown and it yielded 6oz. indoors in hydro.They were a little loose but looked like they were dipped in powdered sugar.The smell and taste was pure hash.I haven't had anything close ever since.Damn it!

Superstone jest offline   Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #11
High Jinks
Nevermind what they're selling, it's what your buying.

High Jinks will become famous soon enough
love the mystery genetics. Good luck
High Jinks jest offline   Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
ijim

ijim is a splendid one to beholdijim is a splendid one to beholdijim is a splendid one to beholdijim is a splendid one to beholdijim is a splendid one to beholdijim is a splendid one to beholdijim is a splendid one to behold
Legendary breeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowItOut View Post
Let's hope you get some sprouts! Then maybe there will be luck for me too. I've just returned to growing, but have a few leftovers from '98. Some Kali Mist from Serious, Greenhouse's White Widow, Sensi Big Bud. I've read here that those old seeds are very worthwhile, as they represent old stock from legendary breeders. But before I try those I'm practicing on some fresh genetics.

Not sure what to suggest that might help. Some say scarification (using sandpaper on the shell), and maybe Rhizotonic (root stimulator) in the H2O.

Best of luck to ya!
Most of the so called legendary breeders from the early Dutch days distributed seeds from US genetics developed in the 60s and 70s. The legendary comes from being the first to semi legally produce and distribute the seed.
ijim jest offline   Quote

Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

2 things, im never using jiffy pots again. this is the 3rd time i've used these and the 3rd time theres mold growing all over the pots 1 day in the dome. this time i used jiffy pots, in a jiffy dome, with jiffy starter mix. fuck that, im going with solo cups or something else, these coir pots look like the biz.

lightning has struck again.

i hope some more sprout, and im transplanting outta this jiffy pot asap.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #14
nukklehead

nukklehead is just really nicenukklehead is just really nicenukklehead is just really nicenukklehead is just really nice
if you are going to use this method ( I do) use rapid rooters instead...
nukklehead jest offline   Quote

Old 08-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
stihgnobevoli
I pee on my flowers

alright a week or so later. nothing else came up, but this guy is still alive(looks indica) . im done with the jiffy, i dunno how they do it in the greenhouses but all i get is mold on mine, and i know they use em in nurseries worldwide. ill prolly go back to the paper towel method, i don't think i've ever seen rapid rooters in any store and i only have cash i don't use credit cards so i can't order anything right now.

good old fashioned sprout in a paper towel then transplant to ...whatever.