What's new

LIBERATE YOURSELVES FROM BOTTLED NUTES -- SAVE $$ AND GROW BETTER ORGANIC PLANTS

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i was having a this discussion with a friend yesterday. he is a younger guy in his early 20's, working for an old head grower.

they are "transitioning" to a "more organic" regimen by buying "organic nutes" and "mycorrhizae" and alternating their "feeding schedules" between "organic and synthetic nute systems."

WHY?!?!?

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING ORGANIC, YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT PATH. don't stop at the shitty halfway point.

the advantages of organics are twofold: first, better medicine, healthier plants, healthier person. second, IT'S FUCKING CHEAP! STOP SPENDING YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON NUTES AND START ENJOYING LIFE. buy a milkshake with those pennies you save. take your significant other to a movie now that you don't have to spend hours daily on mixing nutes and repairing deficiencies and burns.

THE BEAUTY OF LIVING SOIL ORGANIC GARDENING is that you can source a lot of what you need from around your home and community. invest in building a rich living soil well amended with a diverse range of amendments and composts, and you will have incredibly happy, healthy plants beaming with vitality. if your plants eventually need more food, top dressing is easy as pie, and the soil biology will distribute the necessary foodstuffs to your plant.

LET YOUR PLANTS DECIDE WHAT THEY WANT AND WHEN. it just makes sense! as a human, would you be happier and healthier being force fed through a tube? or being able to choose what to eat at every meal according to your tastes and needs? well the plants feel the same way.

SO, STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON BULLSHIT. build a good soil and save the extra money for yourself. sell your bottles to whomever you dislike the most. tell your hydro shop to start stocking organic amendments or to fuck off. buy powders and meals and stop paying for water weight. don't be scared of bugs, be conscious of imbalances.

JUST LIKE WITH FRUITS AND VEGGIES: the conventionally farmed fruits and veggies i ate my whole life were bland, uninteresting, and didn't provide too much nutrition. after a few years of growing my own organic veggies, i can tell you the difference is real. not only does everything TASTE BETTER, much, much better, but it is FAR MORE NUTRITIOUS. now that i eat healthy, organic veggies every day, i am healthier. i don't get sick. i feel better. IT'S THE SAME WITH HERB!! MEDICINAL USERS TAKE NOTE: YOUR MEDICINE WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE IF GROWN ORGANICALLY. not to mention healthier.

THIS IS GARDENING ENLIGHTENMENT PEOPLE! LIBERATE YOURSELVES! GET BACK YOUR LIFE AND YOUR WALLET. GROW BETTER WEED THAN ALL YOUR FRIENDS. COMMAND HIGHER PREMIUMS AT RETAIL. IMPROVE YOUR PATIENTS' HEALTH. GO ALL THE WAY! LIVING SOIL ORGANIC GARDENING CAN DO ALL THIS!

and that's all free advice people. i'm not selling shit. :thank you:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I do it all the time....crop after crop in recycled organic living soil. Tastes great,more filling.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
they are "transitioning" to a "more organic" regimen by buying "organic nutes" and "mycorrhizae" and alternating their "feeding schedules" between "organic and synthetic nute systems."

LMFAO!!!!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

soil margin

Veteran
Thanks for ranting, this way I don't have to.

Agreed 100% though, would love to see more people composting and using really natural nute sources.

RipVanWeed

Excellent rant Heady,

Couldn't have put it better myself. Almost there with the recycling , living dirt.

Now that I'm getting comfortable with single cycling, my next batch will be tweaked to recycling. Planning on deleting perlite and replacing with charred rice husks, Napa Floor Dry, and pumice/lava rock.

I live on a rock pile so I have been building soil in my yard, for landscaping, long time now. The indoor growsoil currently in play is contaminated with Perlite and Hygroton. Gonna bury that stuff in the next planters as I continue the yard projects.

Speaking of beneficial critters showing up, look who popped up in my veg room, she's camped out for a couple a weeks now.

I am by nature an impatient person, this plant has made me more willing to wait than anything else ever has. Oh yeah, sometimes smoking it will settle me right down, but I mean this Zen kinda peaceful calm I feel nowadays. Some of the lessons learned, and thoughts created and rekindled here, are changing me. Better for it.

Thanks Heady, MadLi, ClackaCoot, JayK, MicrobeMan, CTGuy, Vonforme, VGreen, Scrap, and the Peeps I missed.

I'll post up some shots of my girls soon.

Respect,

blank85

Grow better plants?

"Yea, ive done side-by-side with either pyschosis or exo cheese, some in soil, some in coco. From the offset it was clear coco was going to win. Plants were ready much faster in veg, needed much more regular watering in veg too, which i think helps root growth, rather than slowly breaking its way down through damp, compacted soil.

In flower, the plants are just different sizes. The stems and branches of soil plants look like match sticks compared to the coco, and the bud size difference is immense too. The plants just overall more healthy right down to the last leaf at the bottom, all green and healthy. Whereas soil, i found it much more difficult to keep a plant like that once the nutes in the soil had run out.

Finally, i even much preferred the smoke of the coco bud to the soil bud. That side-by-side was my first coco grow, and my last soil grow. That says about as much as anything about the difference. Not even an option once you've seen the darkside."

Sorry just had to find a quote of someone that agrees with me. Took about 4 seconds.

Hydro is the future , soil growing is unsustainable. I think a lot of the stuff you said there is opinion and completely unproven but please prove me wrong and post conclusive evidence of your statements credibility.

Regards

p.s. i will grow organic in soil, in my backyard. No soil will ever enter my growroom tho. NEVER. My OCD would go beserk. WHY ARE YOU GROWING SO SLOWLY PLANTS??? WHY???? WHAT??? THERES FUCKING INSECTS IN THIS SOIL FFFFUUUUUU....... SOIL EVERYWHERE NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Scrappy4

Veteran
I believe brothers I believe

But saving money? I'm definitely not there yet. I've bought and had shipped too much to claim saving any greenbacks. Maybe at some point I will have. Especially if these yard weed FPE's works out. But it has been interesting, and I'm using what I've learned on my veggie garden and my yard in general. Today I top dressed my tomatoes with neem cake and crab meal, as an example..."..scrappy

mad librettist

Veteran
Grow better plants?

"Yea, ive done side-by-side with either pyschosis or exo cheese, some in soil, some in coco. From the offset it was clear coco was going to win. Plants were ready much faster in veg, needed much more regular watering in veg too, which i think helps root growth, rather than slowly breaking its way down through damp, compacted soil.

In flower, the plants are just different sizes. The stems and branches of soil plants look like match sticks compared to the coco, and the bud size difference is immense too. The plants just overall more healthy right down to the last leaf at the bottom, all green and healthy. Whereas soil, i found it much more difficult to keep a plant like that once the nutes in the soil had run out.

Finally, i even much preferred the smoke of the coco bud to the soil bud. That side-by-side was my first coco grow, and my last soil grow. That says about as much as anything about the difference. Not even an option once you've seen the darkside."

Sorry just had to find a quote of someone that agrees with me. Took about 4 seconds.

Hydro is the future , soil growing is unsustainable. I think a lot of the stuff you said there is opinion and completely unproven but please prove me wrong and post conclusive evidence of your statements credibility.

Regards

yeah, change the title.

it should read "almost anyone can grow better plants in soil".

hey blank85, I'm sure you tried real hard, but why do I get the feeling your soil was not like my soil?

for reference - mandala #1, 30 days, in soil. This is my "puts weight on late" pheno.

picture.php

and the matchstick-like stems

picture.php

picture.php

blank85

Yes but what wattage are you using? A soil grow with 1000w light can result in a very large plant/plants.

Compare a 250w soil grow and a 250w coco grow and the coco will most likely be bigger , this is my opinion based on what ive read and what ive seen with my experience with coco and soil(soil outdoor, never done soil indoor).

Now your soil looks fantastic, as do your plants, so dont think that i hate on soil. I merely think hydro is faster/more sustainable and suits a laboratory setting which i personally am aiming for.

The claims in ops post are unproven, its this that i take fault with.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran

first of all, thanks for weighing in a counterpoint without flaming.

secondly, yes this is all my personal opinion -- an unabashed rant.

okay now my response to this line of argument would be: you can't compare a shitty so-called organic grow against a dialed in hydro grow. i'm talking about glass ceilings here. take the best hydro and the best living soil organic weed, and the organic wins out every time IMO and experience.

i'm neither the best hydro nor organic grower. i'm amateur at best. but i am an accomplished smoker of discerning taste. cannabis is the medicine that has helped me stay alive for the last 12 years, i smoke it every day. i want it to be the best. that's why i'm learning to grow for myself.

as for "hydro is the future, soil growing is unsustainable" -- huh? i guess you don't mean on a grand scale, since synthetic fertilizers are pollutants and often require the use of limited natural resources in their production.

so i assume you mean organic soil is unsustainable for large scale ganja farmers -- an argument i've heard many times. i just don't buy it. outdoor farmers can grow better, healthier crops with much less overhead, while out-yielding conventional techniques over a longer timeline (say 10-20 years). plus they leave behind improved farmland rather than barren, fallow fields that are basically dust deserts.

think about it this way: in a well designed living-soil garden, the inputs from the farmer decrease with every crop as the system starts to regulate its own nutrient cycling and pest control. in a conventional farm situation, the farmer has to increase inputs with every crop. more fertilizers for their depleted soil, and more pesticides for their weakened crops.

mad librettist

Veteran
Yes but what wattage are you using? A soil grow with 1000w light can result in a very large plant/plants.

Compare a 250w soil grow and a 250w coco grow and the coco will most likely be bigger , this is my opinion based on what ive read and what ive seen with my experience with coco and soil(soil outdoor, never done soil indoor).

Now your soil looks fantastic, as do your plants, so dont think that i hate on soil. I merely think hydro is faster/more sustainable and suits a laboratory setting which i personally am aiming for.

The claims in ops post are unproven, its this that i take fault with.

lmfao

I guess the blessing skips 250w grows and goes straight to cfl?

here is my last micro harvest, organic soil crammed into a rubbermaid and flowered on cfl. You give me just about any space, any light. I will outgrow you in organic soil, grow after grow. I'll be there growing in the same soil, and you'll have moved on to escape mites and whatever other pests flock to your poisoned environment.

picture.php

as CC would say, thanks for playing

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im in for the win!

this is my second year using organic soil, I used to use flora nova grow +bloom. I would have problems all the time with defs. now with organics it's much easier for me to grow plants.

I have two sets of soil that i plan to alternate(one cooking while the other is in use) and i plan to recycle these for many harvest to come.

just got the bokashi bucket up and running and plan on getting a compost + worm bin in the very near future.

feels good!

blank85

1) take the best hydro and the best living soil organic weed, and the organic wins out every time IMO and experience.

2.)as for "hydro is the future, soil growing is unsustainable" -- huh? i guess you don't mean on a grand scale, since synthetic fertilizers are pollutants and often require the use of limited natural resources in their production.

3.so i assume you mean organic soil is unsustainable for large scale ganja farmers -- an argument i've heard many times. i just don't buy it. outdoor farmers can grow better, healthier crops with much less overhead, while out-yielding conventional techniques over a longer timeline (say 10-20 years). plus they leave behind improved farmland rather than barren, fallow fields that are basically dust deserts.

4.think about it this way: in a well designed living-soil garden, the inputs from the farmer decrease with every crop as the system starts to regulate its own nutrient cycling and pest control. in a conventional farm situation, the farmer has to increase inputs with every crop. more fertilizers for their depleted soil, and more pesticides for their weakened crops.

1.) what do you mean it wins? Lets say on a potency scale, is soil weed stronger than hydro? I have never experienced this. Honestly i think if this was true no one would grow hydro. Everyone would say oh shit i switched to hydro now my weed is weak fuck better change back. This is obviously not the case.

2.)No my ideal hydro situation would be what a local cherry tomato grower has accomplished. He cultivates an algae in one side of his greenhouse which requires only sunlight to live. This algae is then converted to fertilizer which feed the cherry tomato plants. Completely sustainable and not a granule of soil to be seen.

3.) You assume wrong.

4.) A well designed living-soil garden sounds great to me

What i take fault with:

1.)Soil weed is stronger than hydro weed.
2.)Soil plants are healthier than hydro plants.

Mad libertit im not gonna reply to you because you are taking this way to seriously. Not trying to be mean but those cfl plants look kinda crappy, maby its just the photo i cant see so great its a terrible quality photo. Cant tell if there are no trichomes or if the photo just really really sucks. The first plants you posted are top notch tho. Now breath, everythings gonna be allright. Also what wattage are you using for those first plants you posted?

mad librettist

Veteran
2.)No my ideal hydro situation would be what a local cherry tomato grower has accomplished. He cultivates an algae in one side of his greenhouse which requires only sunlight to live. This algae is then converted to fertilizer which feed the cherry tomato plants. Completely sustainable and not a granule of soil to be seen.

really? does he use any pesticides? Or maybe his beneficial fungi, microbes, and insects live in a second hothouse?

Mad libertit im not gonna reply to you because you are taking this way to seriously. Not trying to be mean but those cfl plants look kinda crappy, maby its just the photo i cant see so great its a terrible quality photo. Cant tell if there are no trichomes or if the photo just really really sucks. The first plants you posted are top notch tho. Now breath, everythings gonna be allright.

shall I look for better shots? that plant was outstanding. The yield was very impressive for such a tiny grow. the only thing you should be saying here is you tried soil and sucked at it.

rather than worry about my feelings, how about retracting your statement that soil needs a 1k? or even backing it up?

blank85

He uses an organic pesticide if you must know. Its garlic and some other stuff. Ive tried it, it works well but stinks your grow room up something awful.

I didnt say soil needs a 1k lol, go re-read what i said.

So are you saying if you re-did that cfl grow with say coco that the coco plants would be inferior to the soil plants? That i disagree with. And you should at least try coco its cool. Mix it with some perlite and vermiculite it even looks kinda like soil ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts