What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Heh. I promise I will get the disco ball mounted before all the clones are rooted.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I had a couple of late-rooting clones so I decided to just throw them in with the rest. The two smaller plants have been in there for maybe a week. It's interesting to me to see the difference between the plants that had ~2 weeks under ~100w of CFL and the plants that went straight from rooting under ~50w of CFL into the cab.

Do you see differences, other than the late-comers being smaller?

bobblehead

Veteran
yeah dude... what's going on? You can't let me do all the talking. lol LL is on vacation... Mega is out God knows where...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Do you see differences, other than the late-comers being smaller?

Biggest difference was noticeable when the others first started. At this point they've all got a lot more branches leaves & etc. They aren't getting very tall, they're all just expanding.

The ones that started and spent a week or so under CFL (before the CMH were hung) spent a lot of their energy stretching up toward the light. The plants that went straight from rooting to CMH didn't waste any time stretching, they just started throwing out branches and leaves. They're both big enough now to contribute several clones of their own to the coming clone population.

(More about that in a moment.)

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Any updates? I want to see this puppy in action :)

yeah dude... what's going on? You can't let me do all the talking. lol LL is on vacation... Mega is out God knows where...

I didn't want to bore everybody with pictures of my vegging moms. We've all seen moms in veg before. They look like a bunch of leaves and branches. :)

I watered with plain water yesterday. While doing it, I counted growing tips. I stopped counting once I got to 100 sites. I plan to cut 108 clones tomorrow. I will post pics once the clones are all sitting in their cloning trays.

(why 108? My 3 cloning trays each hold 36 peat pucks. 36x3=108)

I'm shooting for 70 healthy clones. So with 108 clones, that means I only need a 70% (or so) success rate.

I've got a couple of blocks of coco sitting here waiting for the clones to show roots and then I'll put 'em in the cabinet and flip that bitch to 12/12 and we'll get this show going.

Not far now, kids!

L

LouDog420

Good call overshooting on the clone #'s.

Pick those winners and blow it up! I'm watching :tiphat:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm right here and heard that Bobble.....please bore us Anti w/ur awesome vegging skeelsz,

A wise man once said " This thread sucks w/o pictures!"

Mister_D

Veteran
Very nice setup and design anti. I'm a big fan of planning things throughly myself. Need to get myself more familar with google sketchup, your drawings are amazing. Much better than my heath style stick drawings :laughing:. Recently switched over to full vert myself, so i've been reading everything I can on the subject. I'm a coco tree grower, but I learn things from everyone :thank you:. Numbers like yours almost assure a trip to the gas chamber where i'm at. Much safer just to stay within my medical limits. At any rate looking forward to seeing those tables packed with stanky budcicles. A lil more patience and you will kill it :dance013: Feel free to bore me to death with pics of vegging plants :tiphat:.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Attack of the Clones!

Attack of the Clones!

Ok. Sorry to disappoint everyone but there will be NO more pictures of vegging moms.

Here's a little something to make up for this disappointment:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ok. That my friends is 108 clones.

For people with an interest in the subject, here's my cloning method:

• Mothers watered 48 hours prior to cuts with plain water
  • VERY WARM tap water at about 5 cups per cloner (to expand peat)
  • A clean new razor blade.
  • Take each cutting in a swift single stroke like a plant samurai should.
  • Remove excess Foil-age :)
  • Second 45 degree cut underwater so that stem is approximately 1.5" from growing tip to rooting tip.
  • Placed into center of peat puck as deep as it will go, puck then squeezed until only damp and pressed up tightly against the clone.
  • Whole tray lightly misted before being covered with clear dome (not pictured).
  • Placed under 18/6 light about an hour ago.

Now we wait for roots!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
whoo hoo! that's a hell of alot of work fluffing those things out ...

I pulled one plant at a time to my little "cloning station" which was setup in front of the TV. I watched reruns of natgeo science shows for a couple of hours and took my time with it. I tried to keep them all within 1/4" of being the same size of each other so that I can get relatively uniform growth. This will be double my largest run at a time, so I expect to face new challenges with this grow and hopefully not fuck it up too badly.:thinking:

This'll also be my first real experiment with anything other than hand-watering.

:2cents: appreciated. :respect:given.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
OMG I just waked and baked with some Hazalope (very hazy pheno) and I'll be damned if this aint some straight up fire!

Take each cutting in a swift single stroke like a plant samurai should.

I read that and near bust a rib lol! My neighbors probably think I'm finally losing it :D Yup I'm baked.... as you were :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts