What's new

Freeze Cheese '89

stj2006

I have rigged a little veg cab up and am going to get these Freeze Cheese '89 on the go now, so there quite well established before they go under the hps/mh either for further veg or straight into flower.

This will be a soil grow, not quite got the cash to switch over to coco just yet. Going start them off in Plagron Light mix.

There are 5 female beans which I am going to give a good lst'ing to and have a good few weeks veg so I can fully fill my DRS60. I will be taking cuttings just incase there is a keeper in there.

Heres the word on the beans

St Jimi

picture.php

Friesland Indica 1989 X Big Buddha Cheese 'reversed'
The 'Friesland indica' is a classic strain of yesteryear, originally from the Super Sativa Seed club, Holland.
Big Buddha Seeds had sourced the seed from the vaults of one of Amsterdam's best coffeshops. After testing, the 'Friesland indica' turned out to be a real classic Old Skool indica strain. The 'Friesland' grows strong with dark green, elegant indica leaves and with classic buds laden with a diamond glisten. The 'Friesland' was then crossed to our classic strain the 'Big Buddha Cheese' resulting to the FreezeCheese 89, a real frostmaster, easy to grow strong, a good mould resistant plant a real step back in time for lovers of good pot of yesteryear!!!

Say 'Freeze' baby!!!

Flowering time: Indoors - 8 to 10 weeks
Genetics: Indica 80% Sativa 20% (Mostly Indica)
Sensory experience: Hard hitting Indica 'stone'
Smell: fresh lemon pine smell mixed with the old skool cheese odour,pleasureable potent skunk
Taste: Sharp Citrus hash, very tasty Old Skool goodness.

stj2006

Here is a quick peak at the veg space. Not massive, but good enough to get these babies started, and the seeds sitting in there bath.

St Jimi

picture.php

picture.php

bigwity

Veteran
tagged 1st again, hes on fire, freeze cheese hmmm sounds interesting id like to try the friesland.

stj2006

ah bless em in their bath, hope they keep warm! Cant wait 2 c how these go so real good luck to ya!

You mind if I pull up a pew and chill? got some blues if that'll make ya happy...

Ha ha yeah they have just had there bath and i've now put them in there soil bed. Of course I gave them there supper, and they went down without a sound, such well behaved seeds.

Mr Gr33n, Mellow yellow your welcome.

JB72 Do you only have the one Freeze Cheese. Looks lovely atm moment, would you say it's more freisland leaning? I'd love to find both a freisland pheno and a cheese!

St Jimi

Friesland is a very popular outdoor commercial strain where I live, just like m-39 from the same original catalog it is kept in clone form for decades.
To be honest I find the high not very interesting and peaky but this may be because it is very common for commercial crops to be cut way to early here.
The sweet piney smell is what is to be desired in it in my opinion, and the fast flowering times.
Im watching this grow closely, I think the Cheese may thicken the buds up and give a more potent knockout stone, which is just what the Freeze needs.
I'm imagining this cross would perform well outdoors too even in harsh northern conditions.
Best of luck with the grown man.
:plant grow:

stj2006

Well it has been a while but, I have an update for you.

The feeze cheese are now 1 week into flower. There are also a mixture of others in the smaller pots.

Sour AK
White Widow
Deisel
Burmese Kush
Kushage
Sage
These were all started on 12/12 around 5 days ago.

Lets see if I can get closer being self sufiecient because my last grow is nowhere near going to last me through to this harvest. Around 2 1/3oz chopped 20 days ago and I got about 1 weeks worth of smoke left. Doh

Anyway till next time

St Jimi

picture.php

stj2006

Another quick update.
All is going along better than last time. They look very healthy indeed, I'm sticking to all the lessons learned last time.

De-chlorinate the water, get a closer ph (2 drops of ph down per 3 litres). Also using a small amount of calcium to combat our soft water.

The from seed 12/12'ers look to be getting along alright. Although the diesel was showing some signs of weired growth. So I have decided to veg her out a little bit more, see if the strange growth patterns continue.

The Freeze Cheese is looking good and totally stinks of old skool funk and there 2 weeks of flowering tomorow. One of them is lagging behind, I pinched the growing tip off and it totally stunted it's growth. After 5-6 days seems to be picking up again.

Anway here is a little peek in the tent. Also I could be looking at 30 -34c temps during the peak of anytype of summer we get, uh oh.

St Jimi

picture.php

stj2006

Hey SD cheers. I'm Just getting my first signs of needing nitrogen. This time I used Royaly Mix instead of Light Mix soil, really saved on the nutes big time.

I don't think I'll ever do any seeds from 12/12 again, quality of th growth is not very good at all. But I thought I shall give it a go anyway. They have been on 12/12 for 2 weeks now I think and there is no sign of sex yet. But at least they will get a bit bigger.

Not taken any new photos, will leave it another couple of days.

Filth_E get some photos up of the blueberry monster it's got too be shared with the IC massive. Well that's if you read this.

St Jimi

Filth_E get some photos up of the blueberry monster it's got too be shared with the IC massive. Well that's if you read this.

St Jimi

yeah sorry 4 being lazy must b the auto ak47 :kos:

Blueberry in coco, 11ltr pot, 27 days flower

here she is as requested :

Attachments

• viking x arne sah.JPG2
    viking x arne sah.JPG2
    69.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Image0488.jpg
    Image0488.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Image0492.jpg
    Image0492.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 18

JB72

JB72 Do you only have the one Freeze Cheese. Looks lovely atm moment, would you say it's more freisland leaning? I'd love to find both a freisland pheno and a cheese!

St Jimi

Sincere apologies I forgot to reply, yeah mine doesn't look like Cheese at all (Big Buddhas or Exodus) so I'd guess it's friesland dominant, it's been sitting in the veg side just doing her thing, going to throw her into flower next week so I'll get back to you how it gets on, I'll take a pic later and edit it in this post.

JB72

Topped once and just left alone, I haven't really looked after her very well but she still looks ok, like I said I'll stick her in flower next week.