What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My new 500w micro lab..!

Kirby_Tokin

High everyone :wave:

I've had a couple of threads here before, but without internet at home, it's been difficult to continue on my logs here..
Now i've moved to a new place and i've been ordering internet as well, so i'm gonna start update as much as possible again on my logs..

This weekend i've been building my new micro lab.. I had a big DR120 tent, but my new apartment is too small for that, so i got out to find some cabinets and closets to make my own design on a new lab that can fit in the new apartment.

I found two file cabinets at a second hand shop, i got both for 20 euros. I fell in love with them and planned everything in my head. The two cabinets are gonna work for mothers and clones, one for mothers with a reflector and 85w cfl (E40 socket) and one for clones, lined up with white plastic and a 65w cfl (E27 socket). Right now i'm not using any fans, i have fans, but can't find them yet :p But it's no problem, it's just to open the doors and the plants are fine.. I'm gonna put out my pics with a small step by step guide to how i build it, feel free to ask questions :)

The cabinet
DSCN1145.jpg

With the drawers
DSCN1146.jpg

Then i took out everything, and cleaned it well inside..
DSCN1147.jpg

Then i lined the whole inside with white plastic and some mylar.
DSCN1155.jpg

To put the drawers together, i took a small piece of plywood and glued it to the drawers with some plastic and screws..
DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1154.jpg

I had one reflector extra, so i put it in the mother cabinet with a 85w cfl light.. I put it in the roof, and the wires fit nicely outside the edge of the reflector, creating a clean and tidy space without any wires in the way..
DSCN1157.jpg

This is the back of the cabinet, like i said, i don't have any fans atm, but i will install it when i find them :D I'm gonna use passive air with vents, and install a small outtake fan.
DSCN1156.jpg

This is my cloning cabinet, as you can see, instead of a reflector i used a normal E27 socket with some mylar on the top. The light is a 65w cfl.
DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

Then it was just to screw everything together again. My hands are killing me, i don't have any electric tools, i only used a screwdriver for both the cabinets :)
Here they are finished, well, for now..
DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1161.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

DSCN1164.jpg

My thread was titled 500w, and many of you might think that i'm done, but no. I have a closet as well. But it's not been built yet. I have a 400w HPS that i'm gonna use for flowering, and i'm planning on designing a closet on top of the cabinets with this. Everything is on wheels as well, for easy handling and maintenance.

My growing plan will be micro SOG like Dr bud.. I plan on taking clones every 3 week, and harvest 20 small plants every 3 week for a perpetual harvest.. In total i will be having my four mother plants, vanilla kush, sweet deep grapefruit, and two mothers of blue cheese bagseed. And 20 clones in the other cabinet. And finally around 60 small plants in the flowering closet. As i'm living in Spain atm, i also have some clones flowering outside now. And one new auto from paradise seeds that i got in canamo magazine "Pandora".. Pics and more updates will be out as soon as i get internet at home :)

Take care now..
Bye bye then..!

Kirby

Kirby_Tokin

Bumping this..! Just letting you know that the cable guy arrives when i'm finishing work today..! Perfect birthday present:jump:

And that means updates and pics of the closet this weekend, from my own house in my own couch and NOT my workplace..! :dance013::dance013:

Kirby

Kirby_Tokin

Thank you for your comments :) I even have to use a handsaw for cutting ^_^
Never used the word pedanticness before, had to check it up in the dictionary haha..! Gonna be a good show.. I got my internet yesterday, wohoo:dance013::dance013: Gonna take some pics of my plants outside today and put it up as well..

My thoughts go out to all the people and families that are touched by the tragic tsunami today in Japan :comfort: The tsunami is expected to hit the west coast of usa around 12.00, and mexico 12.30 (west coast time)

Kirby

Yeah Im safe here man but I hope your all ok from the after math.

Sorry Naruto, could fight this one off, :-( I love the japanese why do they have such bad luck?

Namaste :joint:

Kirby_Tokin

I'm still at work watching the updates and videos from Japan.. They are saying the wave is gonna hit Hawaii in about an hour with a possible delay of two hours :(

I have not seen Naruto in years..!! When i was watching, i always waited for the kakashi gaiden haha, good times.. Me and my friend went to Japan when we both turned 18,my first big trip alone, and i went to the other side of the planet :D love Japan..!

Thank you for the comment Phillty, much appreciated :)

Kirby

Kirby_Tokin

Update..!

Update..!

Hiiigh everybody..! :wave:

Time for a new update..!

Yesterday I found my outtake fan, so i took it apart, cleaned it and it worked perfectly.. I found it in a trash can while helping my friend move, so it's no cost on this little baby.. I found the name and serial number on the inside, so i talked with my good friend Google to help me find out more info, and he gave me this link:

http://www.justfans.co.uk/edm-80-p-268.html

Here is some pics of the fan.. This is going in the back of the mother cabinet..

DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

DSCN1169.jpg

Today I have done nothing but take some clones and getting the mothers new haircuts:eyelash:
I can get 2 trays of 15 clones inside the cabinets, i'm using 2dl white plastic cups for cloning.. The soil is called "Biofertil", and here are some info from the company that sells it here in spain:

http://sustratosjardineria.com/substratos-y-turbas/substrato-bioferti

Ph: 6-6.5
N- 220mg/L
P- 180mg/L
K- 233mg/L

And here are some pictures from todays photo session with my models..

Good Morning..!
DSCN1165.jpg

I can fit two of these in the cabinets..
DSCN1174.jpg

This is either Vanilla Kush or Sweet Deep Grapefruit, the reason why i don't know is that i mixed up my jiffies when i germinated them :p stoner moment.. No worries, it will all be good in the end..

Before the cut
DSCN1175.jpg

After the cut
DSCN1176.jpg

This is the other VK/SDG plant, both have been a little stressed and they grew too tall, so I took all the clones i could take leaving one, then i'm making new mothers, and the rest of the old mothers are going outside in the ground..

Before cut
DSCN1178.jpg

After cut
DSCN1179.jpg

This is my BC # 2, it's bagseed of what's supposed to be Blue Cheese.. I got a bag full of these from my friend, he found it in his BC buds, and i love bagseeds and germed 50 of them.. Then, long story short, I found one that out matched the others in the categories I like.. I thought this was a father plant at first, but it turned out to be a girl, so this is my 2 mother of the BC bagseeds.

Before cut
DSCN1181.jpg

After cut
DSCN1184.jpg

This is my best seed of the 50 i germinated.. And thats why it's called BC#1.. You can see that this plant is more older and I have taken more clones of this..
Before the cut
DSCN1185.jpg

After cut
DSCN1188.jpg

The trays are filling up nicely
DSCN1182.jpg

Everyone inside the cabinet
DSCN1189.jpg

Go and have some fun now, and i'll see you later..!
DSCN1190.jpg

I hope you liked the new update, now i'm going out with my dogs and gonna take some pics of the small plants i have outside flowering for you.. I'm playing a poker tournament on a local bar today in three hours, so we'll see if i can build the closet today as well, we'll see..

Be back in an hour..
Take care now
Bye bye then:thank you:

Kirby

Kirby_Tokin

Here are some updated pics of my plants outside.. Everyone is put in 3 liter containers..

These have been outside for a month now, as you can see, the two that are yellowing now are about three weeks younger than the bigger clone in the background.. The bigger one has just started flowering, and the others are just showing signs of female flowers..

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

And this is another clone that has been outside since the same time as the biggest one at the other picture..

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

I have 3 more plants, but i'm gonna take pics of them when i'm walking to the poker tournament and put them up tonight..

Peace
Kirby

Kirby_Tokin

Update again..!

Update again..!

Thank you for your comment cheesebuds :D

Well, i went down to the poker, turned out there was no tournament because no one showed up haha.. And i'm also bummed because when i was going down to my plants it turned out the wasn't there :( I have pics, what do you think? Was it chewed down by an animal? Or was it cut down some thiefs? Around the area I was growing it was a lot of garbage, so it had signs of people, or gypsy maybe.. Anyway, first loss of the season outdoors, but i ain't mad or sad, just a little dissapointed.. But i have lots of other plans indoors and outdoors this season, so it will be okay in the end :) Here are the pics of the plants that were robbed or chewed down:

This is the spot:

DSCN1199.jpg

A week ago:

DSCN1099.jpg

And now:

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

DSCN1201.jpg

And now, instead of playing poker with my girlfriend live in the local bar for 20 euros, we're gonna play for 10 euros on full tilt :D :D See you later tonight, hope you liked my update everyone..!

Peace
Kirby

shims_bro

Thats the work of an anal "law-abiding" human. My reasoning for this is that ALL of them have received the same treatment. They dont seem to be flowering so doubt anyone would "rip you off".

Kirby_Tokin

Yeah maybe you're right.. But it was not cut in any way on the stem, just pulled then :(
Sucks that it's gone, but hey, it's 3 of many to come, so i'm keeping my hopes up :)

Kirby

ItGrows

Humans would have pulled the whole thing. That is the work of animals. I have deer in my woods that do the same thing. Next time buy some predator piss. Not sure what is in Spain. We use mountain lion piss. GL out doors.

Kirby_Tokin

Thank you for your comment ItGrows :)

yeah it looks like it been chewed on, not cut in any way.. Thank you for the input, i'm gonna read more about piss haha :D Gonna be a grrrreat summer outdoors, come back for updates...

Kirby

shims_bro

Yeah could be deer. However I must try to defend my earlier suggestion (not insisting thats what happened though) :D

Most "dog walkers" don't carry knives or scissors, so a clean cut would be hard to achieve.
Had they pulled the plants out you could have re-planted them unless they carried them out of there.... Not such a great idea to be seen walking with 3 uprooted cannabis plants :p

ItGrows

Yeah could be deer. However I must try to defend my earlier suggestion (not insisting thats what happened though) :D

Most "dog walkers" don't carry knives or scissors, so a clean cut would be hard to achieve.
Had they pulled the plants out you could have re-planted them unless they carried them out of there.... Not such a great idea to be seen walking with 3 uprooted cannabis plants :p

Try tearing a stem in half... better yet start with a phone book and work your way up. No doubt that is an animal. If I gave you 10,000 plants you could not replicate that damage with out using your teeth. The soil in the pot isnt even disturbed.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pee around your plants to help keep deer away. Human hair works well, too. Deer don't like human scent.
Your micro box is great looking. Good luck with your next batch.

Latest posts

Latest posts