What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fonz grows weed

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I've finished a disgracefully low yielding run and this run I'm taking no shit about yield.
My goal is AT LEAST 0.8 gpw of bone dry nugs.

On 23/10/10 I've popped some seeds. From them I got the following females:
Jilly Bean 3
Jilly Bean 4
Jilly Bean 6
Jilly Bean 10
Third Dimension #2

On 29/11/10 I've flipped their light to 12\12 and on the same week transplanted them, which delayed flowering a bit.

They are in a SCROG setup with a 600W cooltubed mixed spectrum light.

They are in an organic mix. there was place for 2x 25L buckets, 1x20 bucket and 3x7L pots. I got the 7L pots stacked on another 7L pot and filled the bottom one with soil until they were level with the other pots.

I got a DWC bucket that I got a Jack The Ripper clone in today.
I got a 1L DIY airpot with organic soil with a Cloud #9 clone and a 1.7~ L organic soil bottlepot with a JTR clone as well.

For now they get mainly water. I got some BioBizz nutes and guanos I using only when needed.

From time to time I'll post pictures from my other chamber, the one above this one.
It got a 400W cootubed light running a SCROG with clones from my previous grow.
When I'll get it filled up properly I'll post more info.

More information on my setup could be found on my previous journal:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=185590

Last edited by a moderator:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I don't have the space for a CO2 setup and I don't have the funds, but thanks for the advice :)

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I got a bottom branch on a small Cloud #9 pollinated with Jilly Bean #5 pollen.
I found around 7-10 things that looks like seeds :)

Its pretty far in flowering but still I got 3 other branches pollinated. They won't yield much more than a gram altogether anyway.

The colors stand for:
Gray - Jilly Bean (/Subcool)#5 (18 days to flower, nice formation, healthy and seems like a lot of flowers on him)
Pink - Jack The Ripper (/Subcool)#2 (average flowering time, good internode spacing, very nice amount of flowers)
Blue - Blue Mystic (/Nirvana) male (Pretty average plant but I had it lying around... He had very nice branching and was very strong but nothing too great about him)

Added a picture of one of the seeds ;-)

Attachments

• c#9 x JB seed.jpg
    c#9 x JB seed.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 26

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I'm making a compost tea to use in 5 hours or so. It wouldn't be ready, but its more for the top feeding than my usual compost tea usage.

I'm bubbling these ingredients:
15L dechlorinated tap water (~320 ppm)
Handful of storebought manure compost. Good quality.
Handful of homemade worm castings that came from worms that ate on horse shit and veggie scrapes.
30ml high N bat guano for the N deficiency
10ml high P bat guano to kick flowering a tiny bit
6ml homemade seaplants FPE
level tablespoon of grape-sugar
2 tablespoons of storebought bone dry "humus". Just for diversity and to give the fungi something to grow on.

I'll add to the tea before applying it to the plants:
5ml BioBizz Biobloom
10ml BioBizz Root Juice
5ml (or as much as I still have in my bottle, up to 30ml) BioBizz Bio Heaven

After that I will brew a more bacteria dominated tea with:
1L dechlorinated water
1\2 teaspoon grape sugar
1 teaspoon worm castings from seaplants fed worms
bubbling for 24 hours or so and foliar feed my TGA plants with it.

Picture will be posted later on today :)

On another note, I decided the Jack The Ripper would be my mom from my last run. It was just superior in pretty much every term over the other 4.
Now its the JTR vs. the new TGA run as to what I'll use later on.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The Cloud #9 clones that shared the pot got manicured and in 3 days would meet the axe.

Before:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

They looks much better than their mom. And stickier :)
I've used 2 feedings with chem ferts and grape-sugar and today flushed the medium throughly.

The TGA run goes pretty well:
attachment.php

A lot of stretching. I'm letting them go wild for now and will supercrop in a week as needed.

Jilly Bean #4: (Healthiest and most compact)
attachment.php

Jilly Bean I-don't-remember-the-number-but-the-middle-front-one:
attachment.php

Jilly Bean #10:
attachment.php

1L DIY air-potted Cloud #9:
attachment.php

Jack The Ripper in 1.7L of soil:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN7998 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7998 (Medium).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN7997 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7997 (Medium).JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN7996 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7996 (Medium).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN7995 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7995 (Medium).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN7994 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7994 (Medium).JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN7991 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7991 (Medium).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN8004 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8004 (Medium).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN7989 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7989 (Medium).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN7987 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7987 (Medium).JPG
    100 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN7986 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7986 (Medium).JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 27

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Jack The Ripper in DWC:
attachment.php

Another picture of the Cloud #9 that got manicured after the job was done:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN8003 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8003 (Medium).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN8000 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8000 (Medium).JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 28

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Also I forgot to mention:
JTR#3, my awesome looking trifoliate male opened a flower in my flowering room when I wasn't expecting it.
I have cramped it into my male cab.

The small Cloud #9 I've seeded might catch a few seeds and my Ice Kush should be able to catch pollen already.

I just hope it wouldn't seed the whole IK. (a few seeds however would be nice :))

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Shalom Fonzee ,what up man! looking damn good for Israel weed, last time I was there my weed came with a sifter to take out all the seeds and sand , etc...lol
So are you breeding in your flower room as well?, If so maybe thats why low yield due to seeded bud ?, Just a thought?,
Another idea is to plant in bigger containers , more root mass = more buds.
Is your grow room sealed?, if so lots of ways to add co2 @ a very low cost? (propane burner) bottled gas ?,
You might have to spend a couple Sheckles to make it happen here , but remember it will pay you back 10 times,
by the looks of your pic you need biigger pots , plants are probably root bound....

5 gallon pails work nice , and with a nice strain you could get 4 oz outta there....

Holla @ all those fine ass Israelie Girls for me , miss them......

peace TS

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Shalom Fonzee ,what up man! looking damn good for Israel weed, last time I was there my weed came with a sifter to take out all the seeds and sand , etc...lol
So are you breeding in your flower room as well?, If so maybe thats why low yield due to seeded bud ?, Just a thought?,
Another idea is to plant in bigger containers , more root mass = more buds.
Is your grow room sealed?, if so lots of ways to add co2 @ a very low cost? (propane burner) bottled gas ?,
You might have to spend a couple Sheckles to make it happen here , but remember it will pay you back 10 times,
by the looks of your pic you need biigger pots , plants are probably root bound....

5 gallon pails work nice , and with a nice strain you could get 4 oz outta there....

Holla @ all those fine ass Israelie Girls for me , miss them......

peace TS
Hi teemu :)

You probably got the egyptian weed. Leaves, stems and seeds.
Never smoked it and don't intend to.

Its cheap (if you know your way you can get 1kg for ~2500 NIS in the center of israel) but its... crap.
Its also not very common, hash is usually the deal.
Around here the hash always looks laced to me.

My last run had 0 seeds in it. Was a stupid mistake - used a very small pot for the whole 5 plants. STUPID.

I got it fixed now :)

In my lower cabin (600W) I got JB3 and 10 in 25L pots, JB4 in 20L paint bucket (with drainage), 3 plants in stacked 7L pots getting to around 10L root space each.
With them I got a Cloud #9 in 1L DIY air-pot that barely has any roots and a JTR in a bottle. Both are there to fill gaps in the screen and mainly for kicks to be honest.
If I got the space why not use it to make some bud, aye?

In the higher cabin (400W) I got a JTR in 7L pot, 4 clones in one 25L coco pot (Sweet Deep Grapefruit, Ice Kush and 2x tiny Jack the Rippers) and another JTR in a bottle with coco for kicks.

When the cloud #9 goes (saturday night) I'll put in 3x 7L pots filled with coco (maybe one would be soil?) and put in JTR clones.
Most of them are 12\12 from cutting (rooted under 12\12) so they should have too many roots till the end.

The shared 25L pot with coco already has a few roots poking out of the drainage holes :p

My rule of thumb since my last failure is "use pots as big as you can fit in the cabin".

I'm selectively breeding. This male opening up a flower is really not a common deal around my grow.
I take out the female I want to seed, put some pollen in a plastic bag and gently put that bag around the branch I want seeded.
I use a rubber band to secure it to place.
When I get all those bags in place I thoroughly spray the whole plant with water to kill any stray pollen.
I shake the plastic bags, wait a day, shake the bags, wait another day, take out the female, remove the bags and spray it with water again.
I got some males in a PC grow case.
In a week or so (I hope) they all will be done and I'll have some space to do a proper 24\0 cloning and fill the upper cabin with some JTR goodness ~
I also need to clone the 3D and Jilly Beans in 2 weeks to preserve the genetics until I choose which one is the keeper (if any).

My room is pretty air tight with a lot of venting. Due to a real lack of space I don't think much about additions.
CO2 will also require cutting down the exhaust vent, which will fry the hell out of my plants - I run in high temps all the time.

If I'll say holla to all those fine ass israeli women my wife would hang me by the neck until death. (If she'll know about it ;-))

Keep it safe bro :tiphat:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The 2x Cloud #9 clones that shared a pot got chopped today.

both plants:
attachment.php

Budshot from the smaller plant:
attachment.php

They have much more meat and are a bit stickier.

The DWC bucket goes better than I thought:
attachment.php

One day difference.

The Jilly Bean run looks well:
attachment.php

Got one branch that reached too high supercropped. Will do much more supercropping on monday.

I build a very complex and hi-tech system to collect pollen from my males:
attachment.php

I'll shake the canisters tomorrow morning, throw some rice in and let them dry out for a day.

They lived long enough.

I've planted my 5 Jack The Ripper clones in straight coco.
One in a 7L pot
Two in a 7L pot right below the light
One in a 5L pot
One in a 2L pot
All are around 1 week since rooting, except one that rooted yesterday. 12\12 since the cuttings were taken.
Those are my healthiest clones to date, taken in half a cup of soil, a tiny bit of rooting hormone and a humidity dome. 17 days or so and I got 5\6 to root.
attachment.php

The seeded Cloud #9 plant fell while I was organizing and received quite a lot of damage:
2 buds fell, one with premature seeds and it got stem-kinks all over the plant.
Used my duct taping abilities and I hope she should bounce back in a day.
Nothing looked TOO major.

Attachments

• DSCN8039 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8039 (Medium).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN8036 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8036 (Medium).JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN8024 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8024 (Medium).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN8013 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8013 (Medium).JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN8010 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8010 (Medium).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN8006 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8006 (Medium).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 31

teemu shalanie

Veteran
yo< FOnzee big harvest eh bro!, those looking tastey! Is that the jillybean?, how's that taste , smoke?, is it an Indica? or a dwarf sativa?, I remember you saying you go 12/12 from the start?, eh?,Is that to work with your small space ? If so you ever think of running any Kush strains ?, short and stocky plants good for small spaces.
I was in A lat , when I was scoring grocery bags of that Egyptian , wish I would've been hanging with you ! , peace bro.....
TS

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Its Cloud #9 by DinaFem. Sativa dominant.
Here's a smokereport I wrote:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=196995
The smell became more to the fuely side after some curing.

I think they got 2 weeks or so of veg. You can check my previous journal for more info.

I got a Kush cross - Ice Kush. Its too similar to the hash going around here I don't think the difference worth the effort.
I like it and all, but I decided to go only with the Jack the Ripper after this run, unless I find a better mom from the Jilly Beans \ Third Dimension.

I don't have a problem with big plants - I just arrange them on the screen.
Actually I like the stretchy ones better as they need less veg time :)

The Egyptian weed in Eilat is the best you could find as it travels the shortest distance.
It loses pretty much everything on the way to the center of Israel.
Also, its the cheapest place to get it.
You can get a kilo for 1300-1500 NIS if you know the right people. Even for 1000 NIS if you really got your connections.

They used to sell it in matchbox boxes for 15 NIS. Now its way harder to score some, specially small amounts.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Gave the Jilly Beans a good AACT foliar feeding yesterday a hour before the sun came up.
That would be my last foliar feeding with them.

The JTR cutting in the DWC bucket rooted and I'll remove it from the bucket and into a bottle pot today.

The JTR#3 trifoliate male started giving pollen and I'm happily collecting it :)

Cheers

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The cutting didn't root, it was the other JTRs root that tangled and looked like it.

I've removed 2\3 of the Jilly Beans fan leaves to allow more air circulation and light penetration.
Without the leaves it seems like the screen still have a few holes to fill and I hope it will help the issue now that the lower shoots can see the light.

teemu shalanie

Veteran
Thats the dwc clone that died, not surprised was gonna tell you that the inside of that dwc bucket was flithy....also I good idea to use black pails or something that the light wont get through to the roots / darkness is key......
what light you flowering with ?,
I just harvested my BCNL producer its a grow cab with 2- 400 watt lights , co2 , its made for dwc but Im growing in dirt right now inside ...looking @ probably 8-12 oz , I will post some pics In my albums if you wanna check em out....

anyways I remember like u said scoring a whole big bag of that egyptian magician for like 1000 shecks...and smoked in on the lawn of my hostle.....my friend found killa weed from holand in svat, but he had to pay in usd......when I was there I stayed up north for alot of the time , had a great time ,
hope you had a happy chanuka , any pics of your new flowering grow?
peace TS

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The DWC clone haven't died :S
Its growing great actually.
I got a cutting in there that I thought rooted, but it haven't. It looks pretty dead as I let it dry too often.

I'm flowering in 2 cabins, one with a 400 and one with a 600W.
The DWC bucket is in the 600W one, on the corner not getting much light yet.

Last year I got 12.5oz out of a single 400W, no CO2 and all that. Just had much more space to work with than I currently do.

There is no imported weed from Holand in Israel. Only a load of shit people try to sell.
I've seen some buds around here that were a lot better than some I've seen in Amsterdam.
It should cost 50-120 shekels per gram if you know the right people. up to 250 shekels if you don't. (and more)

I'll post some pictures when I'll grab some. Didn't had the time lately.

Cheers ~

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The 2x Cloud #9 clones in the smaller pot yielded 59 grams !
Thats pretty awesome :)
There were just a few amber trichomes on it.

attachment.php

THIS IS NOT POWDERED SUGAR!! :cathug:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm making some hash from last harvests trim, this is 0.5g of it. (so far I got 0.6g made)

attachment.php

I rather make less hash and keep the trichomes on my buds - I try to barely touch them. However, the hash is usually awesome.
I got a tiny bit more from the big harvest and in the process of making with the last Cloud #9 trim.

I've killed the Fruit Automatic while trying to dig the seed shell out.
The taproot was already half rotten and I don't believe it could pop.

Attachments

• DSCN8042 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8042 (Medium).JPG
    58 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN8051 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8051 (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN8057 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8057 (Medium).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN8058 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8058 (Medium).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 28

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I got almost x2 finger hash from the last Cloud #9 harvests than from the whole 12\12 from seed harvest with some scissor hash added to the 12\12.
Not much at all - 0.03g from the 12\12 and 0.05g from the C#9 but much better than nothing ~
attachment.php

(the big right one is the Cloud #9)

great man, you have some sweetest xmas fo sure Lol!!!
Yeh, and the wife is out for day too on xmas~~

Attachments

• DSCN8062 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN8062 (Medium).JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 28