What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Fonzee grows this summer?

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
12/12 GROW SPROUTING DATE FOR THE 12\12 FROM SEED - 20TH OF AUGUST.
1X JACK THE RIPPER, 1X ICE KUSH, 1X SWEET DEEP GRAPEFRUIT, 1X BLUE MYSTIC, 1X CLOUD #9 SURVIVED. ICE KUSH WAS A RUNT.
20/8/10 - PLANTS GOT REPOTTED TO A SHARED RECTANGULAR CONTAINER.
27/9-6/10 PLANTS STARTED FLOWERING. THE SDG AND C#9 WERE THE FIRST. I WILL CONSIDER 1/10 THE DAY FLOWERING STARTED FOR COUNTING PURPOSES.
11/10 - 2X CLOUD #9 CLONES WERE POTTED AND PLACED IN THE 12\12 ROOM
17/10 - ANOTHER CLOUD #9 CLONE WAS POTTED AND PUT IN THE 12\12 ROOM.
21/10 - A CLONE FROM THE ICE KUSH WAS POTTED AND PUT IN THE 12\12 ROOM.
23/10 - 10X JILLY BEAN, 2X THIRD DIMENTION AND 2X JACK THE RIPPER SEEDS SPROUTED AND PUT IN 16\8 LIGHT REGIME. ONE OF THE JILLY BEAN DIED.
24/10 - A SWEET DEEP GRAPEFRUIT CLONE POTTED AND PUT IN THE VEG ROOM.
26/10 - A JACK THE RIPPER CLONE POTTED AND PUT IN THE VEG ROOM.
26/10 - THE FIRST 2X CLOUD #9 CLONES STARTED FLOWERING.
13/11 - JILLY BEAN #8 AND #9 WERE SUSPECTED MALES AND PUT TO THE 12\12 ROOM
20/11 - JILLY BEAN #2,#5 AND #7, BOTH JACK THE RIPPER AND 3RD DIMENTION #1 WERE PROVING TO BE MALES.
24/11 - THE SWEET DEEP GRAPEFRUIT GOT HARVESTED
29/11 - THE TGA RUN CHANGED TO 12\12 LIGHT
06/12 - 1x FRUIT AUTOMATIC BY DINAFEM HAVE BEEN PLANTED
11/12 - A JACK THE RIPPER CLONE POPPED A ROOT AND PLACED INTO THE DEEPWATERCULTURE BUCKET

Welcome all.

As temps start to drop I'm building my new closet.
The closet is divided into 3 chambers - 2 grow chambers and storage \ electricity \ ducting \ nutrients \ whatever chamber.

I'll be running 2 lights, a 400W and a 600W. Grolux lights.
Got a short cooltube for the 600W and a long cooltube that I will place the "wrong" side (space issues) for the 400W.

Each grow chamber measures 1 meter high, 60cm deep and 1.2 meter wide.
0.72 square meters each.

As temps are still too high to run the closet on full power I'll begin some seeds on a CFL, move to the 400W a few days later.
I'll be running those first seeds on a 12\12 light regime from start to finish.
I have some extra seeds and I want to test them out. Clones will be taken from the best plants.

Haven't chose my strategy yet. Might go full organic, might use coco\perlite with mineral nutes.
I have about a week to decide.

I got seeds in mineral water swelling. Gonna give 'em about 5 hours.
Then I'll put the expensive ones in Jiffy peat pellets and the rest in soil.

Seeds in the water are:
9x Mandala Seeds 8 Miles High regular. - 2 died at germination.
1x Dinafem Cloud #9 feminized.
1x Dinafem Deep Sweet Grapefruit feminized.
2x Nirvana Seeds Blue Mystic regular. - 1 died at germination.
1x Ice Kush feminized.
1x Jack The Ripper regual.
1x 3rd Dimention regular.

I'm going now to put the jiffy peat pellets for a soak with distilled water PHed to 6 and a tiny bit of rooting hormone. (Hormoril 3, local stuff)

I'll post some pictures when I'll get some action.

Last edited by a moderator:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
First to sink -
Deep Sweet Grapefruit
4x 8 Miles High
Cloud #9
3rd Dimention

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Waiting for the seeds to germinate.
Nothing exciting.

The soil mix used is tomato soil with roots, rejuvenated soil (used soil composted with food scraps and leaves), coco, perlite, a tiny bit of compost and a tiny bit of worm castings.
It has a lot of air and drains well. Hopefully not too hot.

I've been working all day yesterday on the closet. It pretty much rigged, except for the electricity and lightproofing.

Attachments

• DSCN6549 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6549 (Medium).JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 14

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Seems like I have quite a bit fungi in my mix - after 12 hours or so in a glass closet without ventilation I got some fungi white hairs on top of some soil cups.
The hairs have been removed and the tray was placed in a more ventilated place.

My germination rate of the soil planted plants would probably suffer a bit from the mix being too hot, but its fine - it will narrow the weaker plants.

I should finish the grow chamber in a day or two and get the venting working so the fungi growth shouldn't be an issue for long.

Forgot to mention something.
The Blue Mystic seeds I got almost 2 years ago. The rest are about 6 months old.
Only 1 Blue Mystic didn't sink. It is tagged as BM#2.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Closet is ready enough to house the seeds.

attachment.php

The other chamber of the closet is pretty much the same, only that the light is at the left part because of logistic issues. Only 60-70% of the lower chamber will be used for massive growth while the other parts would probably be used for cloning and such.

Got the electricity fixed up really good - I got 6 outlets in the middle chamber and 2 on the side to use for stuff beside the closet.
Everything was perfectly put together without excess cables or any loose parts.
Came out really really nice.

Its too hot to grow properly right now so I'm waiting with my other seeds that will house the other chamber. Will run those for 2 weeks since sprouting to see how the closet performs.

By the way, if you look in the picture above there's a jar behind the camera case with around 7 grams of Lemon Skunk I forgot about since my last proper grow. They cured for around 4 months now and lost any touch of green - all brown and golden.
NO ROT AT ALL.
I should give 'em a try sometime but I haven't needed a smoke for over a month so it might not be too soon.

Attachments

• DSCN6550 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6550 (Medium).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 13

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Got 2 seeds sprouting and will start the count today for all the plants.

attachment.php

The two that sprouted are 8 Miles High. The rest haven't popped yet.

I hung a 45W daylight CFL above setting the timer to 12\12.
In a few days I'll finish my other closet grow (8MH single plant with one 45W cfl from start to finish) and take its vent. (100cfm)

attachment.php

My other 100cfm vent squeaks so I don't want to use it for now. Haven't managed to fix it. Yet.
My 360cfm vent is too much noise as well for this stage.

When my other closet gets harvested the vent will be used to suck air from a cooltubed 400W.
If temps would be too high I'll use the 360cfm vent.

Attachments

• DSCN6553 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6553 (Medium).JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN6554 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6554 (Medium).JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 14

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Stats - 2x8MH and 1xBM rotted and died. The mix was too hot for them.
The 3D got a major kink in the stem. It survived the night and got replanted to a 1\2 liter pot with mainly potting mix but has some manure compost and rejuvenated soil. Took a grab from a lasagna pot I got for some winter veggies so no exact numbers here.

Roots are starting to show and soon all of the plant will be moved to 1\2 pots.
I'm not sure on what medium I'll use just yet. I'm thinking organics but might go coco to finish up my nutes. Got too many of them in the drawer.
But organic is much easier when I have a proper mix.
Bah, decisions.
Maybe I'll run with my mineral nutes and finish the last month with organic teas and molasses to get the organic taste and stuff?
Well, we'll see.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The soil mix was definitely too hot - 2 more 8MH are starting to rot and fall off. One seems like it has a chance, one doesn't.
The fungi is eating the stem.

The surviving ones are flourishing.

I wasn't impressed with 8MH so far, it lacks a lot of odor. I never needed a carbon filter with it. Don't know about the product yet but I will in 2-3 weeks.
The Blue Mystic is awesome all around, except the great lack of potency and very fast tolerance build-up. Smell, yield, bag appeal, ease of growth, vigor, branching, recovery from stress, clones rooting - all are excellent. But that not enough.

Shame I wouldn't run more plant, but lets hope it would do just as well :D

I got some 1m long pots, around 25-30L to my eyes. Might use 'em instead of individual pots or tubs after sexing.
Don't know about how much volume the 12\12 from seed roots take so I can't do the math for now.
I believe 5 plants in a 25-30L pot (verified females of course) at 12\12 from seed \ rooted clone would have root binding issues. They should have enough time to build too many roots anyway. Yet, haven't tried it so I can't know for sure.
I should bump in the 12\12 from seed huge thread and ask.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Decided to start vegging organically. I don't have a good veg chem nute anyway and I don't feel like driving to the shop again.

Got a bag of Tuff Marom Golan Yellow potting mix which is based on peat and coco with little amounts of perlite, compost and osmocote and a 3L bag of worm castings. (Aquastone brand, local)

Mixed these amounts:
2L local potting mix of 95% peat and 5% tuff.
5L of the above mentioned premix
3L Coco \ Perlite premix (50\50)
1L Earthworm Casting (70% Dovrat brand, 30% Aquastone brand)
1L Manure Compost.
1L Activated Carbon 4mm diameter.
0.5 Cup Mexican Bat Guano (10-2-0.1 or something like that, too lazy to go check the bag)

Got that mixed up pretty well and watered down with 10L of dechlorinated water.
Got more water sitting and will wash it again tonight.

Meanwhile I got a tea brewing to pour on the flushed mix to activate the micro-organisms.
In 3L of dechlorinated water I put
20cc of EWC #1
20cc of EWC #2
tablespoon of mexican bat guano.
teaspoon of moist dark brown whole sugar.

I'll let it run from 9-10 hours (until I'm back from work) and add 1-2ml of BioBizz Alg-A-Mic to the brew.
I'll let it brew for around 30 hours total and pour it in my mix diluted with 15L of dechlorinated water.

Then I'll do the waiting game until sunday and repot :D

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Pictures.

Overview from yesterday night:
attachment.php

Picture of the 3D. Most seedlings look pretty much the same.
attachment.php

The 8MH doesn't seem to be able to survive. Notice the fungus hyphea on top near the seedling.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN6594 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6594 (Medium).JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN6595 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6595 (Medium).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN6602 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6602 (Medium).JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 15

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The mix (without the worm castings I added later)
attachment.php

Flushing the mix
attachment.php

The tea brewing
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN6607 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6607 (Medium).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN6606 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6606 (Medium).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN6603 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6603 (Medium).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 12

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
washed some of the yellow bagged mix and will be using that until monday. On monday I will repot with the mix mentioned, with around 20% more perlite.

The 8MH that seemed like wouldn't survive got its root eaten and I really doubt it will survive until the evening. The others seem pretty well.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Finished repotting for now. Got them in around 500ml pots with Tuff Maron Golan yellow mix.

The soil used in the BM and 8MH was FAR too hot. Won't use it again in this grow.

They will be in these pots around the light until monday (then I'm off to vacation for a week) and then will be repotted to rectangular pots, the kind of pots people usually plant flowers on the windowsills.
That way I will only have to water once while I'm off, which will be automated.

I got 2.5L of the tea mentioned before in the mix and around 15L of water washed it after a few hours.
Will let it sit until monday.

The first picture is the JTR before replanting. He had the best root structure and I believe it would be the quickest grower in the bunch.

Attachments

• DSCN6608 (JTR) (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6608 (JTR) (Medium).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN6609 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6609 (Medium).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 11

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Well..
All of the 8MH look like crap. They are by far the weakest.
Some of them died. After finishing one of them just today I am pretty happy I won't grow that shit again. (11 weeks flowering, barely any smell. Rest are for the light I've used to blame.)
the grow went a bit dry and the 8MH dropped dead first.

Got them all potted in pots around 1L as I'll be off for a week.
Got the 400W on at 50cm away, the 400 cfm vent running with the cooltube, some lightproofing and drippers working.
I don't have pictures as I was really busy.

Temps are around 33°C in the room right now.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
first day went fine.
One of the 8MH seems to recover, the other don't.

I got my flowering mix done - into 7-9 L of veg mix I've added 1L of worm poop and 0.1L of indonesian bat shit.
Got 5L of perlite in the bottom for aeration. I won't be able to tend it for over a week and I don't like it to rot.

I'll mix some of the perlite in when I repot as I see fit.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Came back from a vacation after a week absence and found some casualties.
The 3D dried up pretty badly and wasn't going to make it before I took off and died by now.
The 8Mh that still looked kind of fine - died.
The Ice Kush is a runt.

The JTR, SDG, C#9 and BM are doing pretty nicely.
Haven't received enough water this week but haven't dried up either.
I'm brewing some compost tea at the moment containing 1 cup EWC, around 15ml Mexican guano and around 30ml of water I got from squeezing various sea plants at the vacation after washing the salt out of them with tap water, so its pretty much sea plants tea.
That into around 15L of dechlorinated tap water.
The plants will only get 0.2L of that tea with 0.8L of dechlorinated tap water.
(the rest goes to my houseplants)

The sea plant I washed are in a compost pile compiled mainly from them (and some recycled soil) and I'll use that as a kelp substitute.

Jack The Ripper:
attachment.php

Ice Kush (runt):
attachment.php

Sweet Deep Grapefruit:
attachment.php

Cloud #9:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN6855JTR (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6855JTR (Medium).JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN6856IK (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6856IK (Medium).JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN6857SDG (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6857SDG (Medium).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN6858C#9 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6858C#9 (Medium).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 16

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Blue Mystic:
attachment.php

Top View:
attachment.php

I don't plan of cloning the Blue Mystic. If its a male I'll keep the pollen but if its a female I'll only run her once.
In the rest I'm looking for a keeper.

Anyhow, this run is a trial. Seems like my closet need quite a few more tweaks before starting my main batch of seeds.
Luckily most of the seeds I had hopes for survived. (shame that the 3D died tho)

Attachments

• DSCN6859BM (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6859BM (Medium).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN6854 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN6854 (Medium).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 16

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
don't you know you can never take a vacation, lol! looking good bro... keep it up!

Latest posts

Latest posts