Vicks Kaz Cool Mist Humidifier
two tier black rack from target
temp/humidity meter

nutrients:

general hydroponics
floramicro
floragro
florabloom

approx cost of this setup was $160 for the tent, $80 for the lights, and $140 for everything else everything bought new except the 32 watt blue light from an old aquarium. GREEN CRACK clone picked up from respectable local dispensary for $10 in very weak condition.

pictures to follow. thank you for watching.

blownupboy

Day 1. puny little effer.

Day 1. puny little effer.

first week i was only running 3 of the 5 lights.

i picked the runt of the litter.

blownupboy

Day 13. C'mon Baby, be the Crack.

Day 13. C'mon Baby, be the Crack.

This is Day 13 running the lights 18/6. Nutrients are at 1 tsp per gallon of RO water from the local water store. The sign at the store say "some minerals retained". i have no idea what minerals. in lieu of a ph or TDS meter, i'm doing biweekly water flushes and changes.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24652&pictureid=534394

lowest set of fan leaves showing some signs of either nutrient burn or just general burning because i hadn't bought the humidifier yet... humidity at this point was running under 40%. i was able to keep it slightly higher by raising the drip ring a bit over the hydroton pebbles so the water would splash about more.

blownupboy

Day 14 green cracky progress

Day 14 green cracky progress

on the dot of week 2, my little green crack youth turned into a teenager. she'll be breaking hearts in no time.

blownupboy

Day 21. Green Cracky Goodness

Day 21. Green Cracky Goodness

This lady is plumping up nicer than I expected. at 3 weeks I had pruned a total of 5 lower fan leaves due to the brown curling thing I posted above. I'm not too worried about it though because the rest of the plant seems healthy. i was thinking about topping or LSTing, but what will become the main cola in the middle isn't really shooting too far above the lower branches. seems this particular strain doesn't have a problem staying bushy even with CFL lights that can cometimes cause stretching. also of note, i've been running the water pump 30 minutes on 30 minutes off since day one. and i've been running a fan at medium so the branches stay nice and strong (CFL lights sometimes make puny stems, but so far the center stalk is growing nice and meaty).

blownupboy

Day 24. Real Time Green Crack CFL Vegging

Day 24. Real Time Green Crack CFL Vegging

This is what my lady looks like today. She's about 14" or so. The fact that most of my lights are the redder 2700K spectrum doesn't seem to have effected the growth detrimentally. I'm going to veg this little lady for another few weeks till she's about 20" and then turn of the lights like teddy pendergrass.

blownupboy

day 25

day 25

day 25.

carbon filter starting to maybe become necessary.

should i be doing any pruning? any comments would be useful. i'm not really sure if this looks right or not.

blownupboy

No love bump..

No love bump..

bump.

no love makes me plants sad. this is my first grow, any comments would be appreciated. :comfort:

thanks!

Nicoli

Veteran
Your plant looks happier at day 25 than it ever did, based upon your pics.

How tall is that plant? I would honestly consider flipping it 12/12 soon..

As far as pruning, (TO ME) you're way beyond the stage of topping or FIM or anything like that under CFLs, if its me, im flipping that plant to flower soon, if it's as large as it looks, foot tall?

puff puff, looks good.

blownupboy

Your plant looks happier at day 25 than it ever did, based upon your pics.

How tall is that plant? I would honestly consider flipping it 12/12 soon..

As far as pruning, (TO ME) you're way beyond the stage of topping or FIM or anything like that under CFLs, if its me, im flipping that plant to flower soon, if it's as large as it looks, foot tall?

puff puff, looks good.
i just measured it. i was a little off, it is 10" tall from the top of the bucket; 12" tall from where the plant meets hydroton.... if i flip it to 12/12 should i add anymore lights? or do you thinks whats there is fine for one plant?

Nicoli

Veteran
youve got plenty of light for that one plant, even if you decide to veg it a week or two more.

Hi, BUB!

NIce diary you have there.

I also grow in a WaterFarm and LOVE it!

You should definitely flip to 12/12 now. Keep the CFL's as close to the plant as possible- no more than 1-2 inches away from the plant.

Remember the light penetration on CFL's is limited and you really can't grow plants too tall; the main stem may stretch and become weak and the lower portions will produce few, if any, usuable buds if you try to grow the plant too tall.

The key is to not push the plant too much. Err on the side of caution, see what your results are and build on your experience.

Good luck!

blownupboy

youve got plenty of light for that one plant, even if you decide to veg it a week or two more.
what i don't know is if this strain is going to get tall and lanky or stay relatively squat. my understanding is that it is sativa dominant. i wish it did get real tall because i have the space for it, and i would probably end up putting the 68 watt CFL's on the sides and a little 150 hps up top... and congrats on the tobacco free. I've been for 3 years now. though i still chew the nictine gum..

Nicoli

Veteran
what i don't know is if this strain is going to get tall and lanky or stay relatively squat. my understanding is that it is sativa dominant. i wish it did get real tall because i have the space for it, and i would probably end up putting the 68 watt CFL's on the sides and a little 150 hps up top... and congrats on the tobacco free. I've been for 3 years now. though i still chew the nictine gum..

I would flip it now, then. I dont know alot about green crack honestly, ie, how much it stretches etc, but trust me, you wont have much more than about 18" of total CFL penetration power(thats why i try to keep my plants under 2 foot in CFL grows), after that is gonna be fluffy noogans that wont be smokable. So.. flip that sucker as soon as you can to 12/12. It'll probably finish 2foot or more depending on how it stretches, I guess you'll know about 3-4 weeks after you flip it. i had one strain that i could flip to 12/12 at 3" tall and it would finish around 20" ... so.. you never know what you have until you flip it, as far as stretch goes.

Thx.. wasn't as tough as i thought to kick the tobacco :eek: cant wait til i can say 3 years. ;D

blownupboy

Hi, BUB!

NIce diary you have there.

I also grow in a WaterFarm and LOVE it!

You should definitely flip to 12/12 now. Keep the CFL's as close to the plant as possible- no more than 1-2 inches away from the plant.

Remember the light penetration on CFL's is limited and you really can't grow plants too tall; the main stem may stretch and become weak and the lower portions will produce few, if any, usuable buds if you try to grow the plant too tall.

The key is to not push the plant too much. Err on the side of caution, see what your results are and build on your experience.

Good luck!
really, 1-2 inches? i'll have to tighten up the lights up a bit. as far as erring on the side of caution i thought that letting it veg a little longer to get more substantial would make a stronger plant in case anything goes wrong when i start flowering and have to step up the nutrients... if that makes any sense. thats my number one concern, burning out the plant when its late in flowering stage - since i only have the one plant right now.

blownupboy

I would flip it now, then. I dont know alot about green crack honestly, ie, how much it stretches etc, but trust me, you wont have much more than about 18" of total CFL penetration power(thats why i try to keep my plants under 2 foot in CFL grows), after that is gonna be fluffy noogans that wont be smokable. So.. flip that sucker as soon as you can to 12/12. It'll probably finish 2foot or more depending on how it stretches, I guess you'll know about 3-4 weeks after you flip it. i had one strain that i could flip to 12/12 at 3" tall and it would finish around 20" ... so.. you never know what you have until you flip it, as far as stretch goes.

Thx.. wasn't as tough as i thought to kick the tobacco :eek: cant wait til i can say 3 years. ;D
yeah i don't want fluffy noogans. ;-) okay i'm flipping now. no, okay.. NOW!

Nicoli

Veteran
You dont have to keep them within 1-2 inches at all times. lol. the lumen ratings are from 12", I keep mine usually within 4-5" sometimes 2-3" if vertical space is a factor.

I repeat, you do not have to keep them within 1-2 inches at all times, lol. but yes, the closer you get a plant to a light without burning it, the better.

kthx.

bye :)