What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash oil made from......

BrainSellz

Veteran
Acetone. This was made from some AK 47 trim. Melts to the touch but breaks like plastic when cold.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

jaspmf

"Plastic" is such a vague word that covers so many materials.

In short, "yes" it can.

You don't want the long answer.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is like peanut brittle withoout the peanuts when frozen. it is like taffy mixed with super glue when warm

BrainSellz

Veteran
how did you make it bro?
Get some trim with lots of trichomes, put it in a dish (preferably a huge glass jug) fill with acetone then immediatly dump through a strainer then restrain the mix once more to get any missed leaves or junk out (you dont want anything in your green juice mix), next dump the green juice (acetone/thc mix) in the glass dish and let evaporate, safest way to evaporate is a well ventilated room with no smoking or flames, bathroom usually works. I usually use a blowdryer. Once the acetone has evaporated all the thc oil will be stuck to the dish and there will be a little bit of cloudy water left over (dump this out) you will know its not acetone because the smell will be gone. Take a razor and scrape up and then respread it out. Blowdry again holding the blow dryer close as your scraping and spreading for about 5-10 minutes as this will really dry it out fast. Let stand for 10 minutes or so and scrape it up, once it becomes like liquid nails its done, however it allways seems to be the best after a 24 hour cure or what i call a neutralizing period. Add your favorite kief to your favorite oil to make your favorite hash for a real treat. Kief gives the oil its base and stops it from melting.

P

Puddin'tane

way evil looking bro! I just made some BHO shards this morning from my long island old school

R

rocky5

i will need to try this,i have only done bho in a bho tube
and tried it in the coffe pot aswell.
i preffer the tube i seem to get better results with it so far.

i got these little craft scalple blades aswell the last time
and used them for scraping the oil off the nooks and crany,s
which i usually just throw away and managed to get 3 big joints
worth off,so i wont be throwing it away again.

BrainSellz

Veteran
it is like peanut brittle withoout the peanuts when frozen. it is like taffy mixed with super glue when warm
Yezzzzir.
i will need to try this,

i got these little craft scalple blades aswell the last time
and used them for scraping the oil off the nooks and crany,s
which i usually just throw away and managed to get 3 big joints
worth off,so i wont be throwing it away again.

No doubt about it and let me know when make it. Yeah nothin goes to waste round heah!

D

DHF

Ok BS.......I know they`ve washed cocaine with acetone for yrs when hydrochloric acid and other proper re-agents weren`t available , and it was some nasty shit with all manners of residual funks , tastes , and God only knows what else left over in the final product , but that`s all I`ve got to base my experience with acetone on.......

Fingernail polish remover to be exact amongst other various useages........but.......if it works , it works.......Is it better than qwiso ?.......easier ?.....is qwiso any less volatile than acetone or ether ?........Shit looks awesome for the record and thank you for the short tutorial.......

I`m always lookin to learn somethin new........Can we be sure the extract is purged from the acetone once your process is finished ?.............

Thanks again Bro......DHF........:ying:........

BrainSellz

Veteran
Is it better than qwiso ?.......easier ?.....is qwiso any less volatile than acetone or ether ?........Shit looks awesome for the record and thank you for the short tutorial.......

I`m always lookin to learn somethin new........Can we be sure the extract is purged from the acetone once your process is finished ?.............

Thanks again Bro......DHF........:ying:........
wuddup my man, Is it better than qwiso? imo yes but to each unto his/her own. Easier? I would have to say yes imo. Is qwiso any less volatile than acetone or ether? that I cannot answer, you might wanna google that. And thank you its as god as it looks, i mean its as good as it looks;)

Yeah im always on the search for new things myself. From my 12 years of experience with this method and from what i know about acetone i will say most definitely yes.

BrainSellz

Veteran
Hashetone pictures

Hashetone pictures

Scraped some of this up today and melted it under a little torch while taking photos and then a pic after it cools off. One of the photos where its being melted it looks like gold, my kinda gold;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BrainSellz

Veteran
that oil looks amazing. how much good quality trim/1 gram of that oil ratio would you get?

Thanks kuk it is as good as it looks. Its hard to say with trim since it verys with frostyness. Out of 3 or so ounces of trim id say it made around 4-7 grams of oil. Next time i am gunna weigh the trim then way the oil so i can get a better ratio for further inquiries. Out of an ounce of beasters i got 4 grams of oil about 4 years ago.

bugler

The evaporation method scares the crap out of me. I'm sure you feel a sense of security having done it successfully, but please reconsider. More importantly for others reading, know that acetone is incredibly volatile, hair dryers make sparks (hell even static electricity can setoff acetone), and not all bathrooms are anywhere near sufficient to make this safe. Also consider the scale you might do this on. Basically, just because brain is still kicking it, does that make this a safe way to handle a solvent?

Who the hell am I? Lets just say that I've got a ton of experience with home solvents, and I've lived through more than a few disasters, and have plenty of "friends" who haven't been so lucky+. No, I'm not a meth cook, think more fun things like mescaline or DMT.

IMHO, evaporating any solvent in your home with anything short of at least an improvised flow hood is dangerous and irresponsible. It's not just about fire/explosion either, but acetone fumes are not healthy for you at all in amounts higher than what is naturally in your orange juice.

Please consider treating this much like you do butane. Outdoors. Even with a big boxfan running outdoors if it's a still day.

Yeah, I know, dandelion seeds, grass hoppers and butterflies will get stuck in your honey. Here's a tip for that. Get some pantyhose and put your pan in them, work great at blocking crap from getting in your precious without preventing evaporation. It works way better to put the pan in them first, then pull back a corner to pour your solvent in, than it would to try to precariously slide a full pyrex into the pantyhose.

Some VERY rough calculations I just did in my head, I came up with 1 gallon of liquid acetone being able to make over 1300 cubic feet of explosive gas. Why you want that cloud in your home?

OTOH, a very good thing about acetone as a solvent is that it stinks, so it's easy to tell when it's around.

Please stay safe everybody!
*editted to add, sorry for being a safety douche. Brain, that oil looks awesome! Great photo skills, and thanks for sharing your method. I think acetone is potentially a lot safer for many folks than butane, wasn't trying to be a turd, just had that "watching a wreck happen" feeling.

Last edited: