What's new

sell to dispensaries in california

rickyman35

Hello everyone :wave:

I am looking to start growing marijuana for dispensaries in California. I have been growing DWC (on a very small scale) in Texas for about a year and I'm starting to get good at it. I would like to move to CA and start growing and selling legally. My plan is to move to san diego and get a medical marijuana card. I would like to rent a house with an extra bedroom and turn the whole room into a grow room instead of just my closet.

I really can't find too much information on selling to dispensaries on the internet though. I would like to just talk to the manager of a dispensary but I don't live in CA right now. I need to know how many plants can I grow? What does it take to sell to a dispensary? Do I need a special license to sell? Can people who sell to dispensaries grow more plants? If I am selling to a dispensary and I allowed to possess and transport pounds of weed at a time? How much can I sell for, can I make about the same profit per gram selling leagally?

I have so many questions, if you have answers please help me out. Please post links with the facts if you can. Thanks for your help. :thank you:

clp

Good luck.. Pretty sure everyone and their mothers would love to do this out in Cali

I love how people think they can jump into a legitimate straightforward industry. Unfortunately growing cannabis for dispensaries involves more than good intentions.... These are industry secrets your asking ;)

Toyot4

Sorry ricky, but you are a little late to the party, but the best thing for you to do is get out here and do it.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Good luck.. Pretty sure everyone and their mothers would love to do this out in Cali

everyone and there mom is already here. the cali med scene is basically washed up, big growers are moving to other states......

bad move, we really dont need or want any more out of state wanna be med growers here....... :tiphat:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tell ya what...im further south then these guys...my advice, if you do it...remember what your doing it for...money should not be primary concern...here in dago...the dispensary weed sucks fukn balls...we get some of the good outdoor from norcal...but every fukn indoor 'medical' dispensary grower down here pumps it up w 'roids and no flush...literally cant even finish a bowl w out grinding the 'medicine' up first...every single personal grower who does thier own medicine rocks it....ironic i know soooo many top shelf growers, personally, and the only two i know who do commercial medical, and do it right, are up a lil north of here...so come on out..do your thing bro!
EDIT...this is cali, just so you know...a bedroom grow out here is a personal grow...will barely cover your bills....if that

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont go to san diego. go to oregon, colorado, Nevada, or NM. if you still wanna go to cali, check out a different county for sure.

rickyman35

So yall are saying there is more weed being grown in California than people can smoke? If I bring a couple pounds of organtic hydro to a dispensary every month they won't buy it? From what I have read this is a huge business that is only growing. There has to be some information and some willing buyers out there. Also my little closet grow just about covers the bills, I'm sure a whole bedroom will be more than enough, even in CA. I guess I could keep growing illeaglly but I would much rather be able to grow leagal and make a good living off of growing.

rickyman35

Ricky will start back from the begining. He will buy a pound of weed from some moron, and use it to make brownies. Then he will sell the brownies; use the money that he makes from that and buy some hydro gear; get a really good crop of dope; sell that; reinvest the money and then he's makin' some serious cash. The mistake those guys always make is bringing guns into the picture. Completley unnessasary, you know? They start shooting off guns; the cops are after them. They are so stupid

I love trailer park boys, I didn't realize people actually watched them.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
everyone and there mom is already here. the cali med scene is basically washed up, big growers are moving to other states......

bad move, we really dont need or want any more out of state wanna be med growers here....... :tiphat:

take his statement seriousely...

the market is flooded with junkweed/noobs/northern CRAP....
and when you do produce good shit,

alot of places wont even pay good prices or even buy it,
there all hooked-up with there friends.

krunchbubble

Veteran
So yall are saying there is more weed being grown in California than people can smoke? If I bring a couple pounds of organtic hydro to a dispensary every month they won't buy it? From what I have read this is a huge business that is only growing. There has to be some information and some willing buyers out there. Also my little closet grow just about covers the bills, I'm sure a whole bedroom will be more than enough, even in CA. I guess I could keep growing illeaglly but I would much rather be able to grow leagal and make a good living off of growing.

from what you read and reality is fucking huge.......

what's organic hydro to a dispensary? does not mean a fucking thing. they will lowball the shit out of you, most likely will offer 1/4-1/2 what your asking. if you dont like it, get out of here, they will say. they buy from there people's, they dont care about you.....

plus outdoor is just about here. the market is flooded already now there is 10's of thousands of organic outdoor lb's that people are trying to get rid of to the clubs. they have hundreds of lb's and dont care that they sell it for $1500 a lb. so the dispensary grabs all that up to make a good profit. all while the indoor guys are still asking for $3k+ and getting the boot out the door....

it is not easy here and is getting worst and worst as the months go by. the competition is fierce.......

and a bedroom full of meds growing is not much. you have to understand bills and the way of living is down right disgusting compared to Texas.....

think about Texas as the budget inn and Cali as the Hilton in the way of living, its expensive as fuck......

krunchbubble

Veteran
ive been in the Cali grow scene for 17 years, helped pass prop 215 ,worked at 4 dispensaries and two grow stores......

and im very seriously thinking about moving out of state.......

IPuFF

As said before... most dispensaries already have their hookups. In my old town I have seen roughly 20+ spots pop up and they all have plenty of overpriced mid grade stuff. There high end looks real decent but their prices are 2x what i'm willing to pay for herb that grade.

rickyman35

Damn, this is disapointing. The problem is I want to go to grad. school in san diego. I would like to pay for grad. school by growing, but that means making about $10,000 a semester. Maybe I can make enough money selling illeagally in CA to open up my own dispensary. Then I could grow my own a sell the good stuff, leagally.

bussibud

Your plan is flawed for a few reasons. First medical cannabis for profit is considered illegal in CA. Collectives and Co-OPs must be non profit. This means if you are not selling your ounces for $80-$150 an ounce you are making too much profit.

Now your talking about moving cross country to sell weed in the CA black market in hopes of opening your own storefront. First black market prices in CA are bound to be lower then TX. Second LA is slimming down it's number of dispensaries from nearly 1,000 to 41. What makes you think someone with a small amount of black market capital could compete when 100,000 and 600,000 SqFt grows that are in the works, legally.

Emerald Triangle outdoor growers are struggling to get $1500 a pound for some of the finest herb in the world.
No one has mentioned if Prop 19 passes CA will legalize cannabis for adults over 21. There are around 9 non medical smokers in CA for every person with a doctor's recommendation. If these millions were to instantly enter the marketplace demand for cannabis would at first far out weigh supply.

Even with out the passage of Prop 19 the CA medical population continues to grow. Instead of renting an extra room rent a studio, could save thousands. Don't grow weed in the studio and instead rent a cheap industrial space. More expensive outright but lets you really grow enough to sell at a cheap price to undercut your local competition. If you sell 10# @ $2000 each that is $20,000 in bills paid. If you ask for $3000 a pound and get $0 your fucked! Residential square footage is more expensive then industrial space space per SqFt.

Even selling @ $100 an ounce or $1600 a pound you could make enough money to live well. Now the question is could you take care of a 16KW grow and pass grad school?

sneakinman13

Veteran
one thing ive learned living in a med state. aslong as you product is grown how weed should be. theere will always be market for it..

for instance. here in CO they HAVE TONS OF GARBAGE floating around from ppl who dont kno what there doing. buttt. if you grow that tru fire. u will have no probs selling it.

i can sell my weed to a club everyday if i wanted. cause good herb is in demand. only prob is they dont pay good prices like u would want. but hey if its legal and your still making money. why not??

good luck