in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Maine's medical scene

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
 Maine's medical scene Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #31
emerald city

Question medical MJ cuts in Maine

Wanted to put together a list of breeds that are in Maine.
List only what you've personaly seen.No stories from years gone by.
1. ecsd
2. maine red bud
3.[soma's] nycd
4. MOB
5.grapefruit x RB crosses[gfxrb1-gfrb2-gf3rb etc]
6. GF3 X ECSD
7. hashbud
8. donkey dick
9. trainwreck
10.poisen durban [both indoor/outdoor]
11.snowdog

and a whole bunch of crap not worth mentioning.....GO.....:dance01 3

Old 11-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #32
supersmallgiant
Medical Marijuana Patient

supersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of light
Lots of White Widow and Skunk #1 floating around my neck of the woods, among many other unnamed strains.
supersmallgiant jest offline   Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #33
Amber Trich

Amber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to behold
whats maine red bud?
we got snowdog?

got lotsa old time moonshine and flo in maine! schnazzleberry, sweet tooth..

Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #34
Amber Trich

Amber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to beholdAmber Trich is a splendid one to behold
Repeal LD 1811 -gathering at the State House in Augusta, December 1st at 10 am

okay guys, this is coming from Harry Brown himself....

"Join us in gathering on December 1st at the State House in Augusta to issue orders of instruction to our representatives regarding LD 1811 and our medical marijuana."

Quote:
From Cynthia Rosen,

We will be gathering in Augusta at our State House on December 1st, at 10 am. I am hoping that there will be an enormous amount of people handing these signed Orders off to their 2 representatives and that those who cannot make it to Augusta, hand their Orders off to someone who can or last option, mailing it directly to their 2 representatives. Again, in order to have the desired effect this needs to be large.

I am sending this to you to communicate a few things. First, that there is movement afoot and a specific Action Item that must be taken up en mass to have the effect needed and am asking for you to use your outreach to spread the Action Item. The attached "Order of Instruction" stands on our Maine Constitution in Article 1, Section 15: Right to petition.

“The people have a right at all times in an orderly and peaceable manner to assemble to consult upon the common good, <span>to give instructions to their representatives</span>, and to request, of either department of the government by petition or remonstrance, redress of their wrongs and grievances”

Order of Instruction as stated in the Maine Constitution Article 1, Sect. 15

Dear__________________________ __________,

On November 3rd 2009, 59% of Maine voters passed the citizens initiated new Medical Marijuana Act. Governor Baldacci nullified the citizens initiative through initiating a bill to amend the people‘s law. LD 1811, the governor’s initiated bill was passed by the legislature in 2010.

LD 1811 amended the people’s law to include mandatory registration, a fee of $100 a year for the registration which also requires patients to sign a release giving the DHHS full access to their private medical files and subjects patients to unwarranted searches and seizures.

The Affirmative Defense lives inside of the Doctors recommendation. Since 1998 when the citizens passed Maine’s first Medical Marijuana Act a doctor’s recommendation was the legal defense for patients who use medical marijuana.

January 1st , 2011 if a patient is not registered with the state they will be subject to prosecution, treated like criminals, with part of the punishment of not being registered a revoking of the right of that patient to use what his doctor has recommended.

~ Whereas the citizens initiated Medical Marijuana Act was passed by the people,

~ And whereas the people’s law was usurped by LD 1811

~ And whereas the Maine Constitution guarantees the right of the people to instruct their representatives as is stated in Article 1 Declaration of Rights, Section 15. Right of petition

“The people have a right at all times in an orderly and peaceable manner to assemble to consult upon the common good, to give instructions to their representatives, and to request, of either department of the government by petition or remonstrance, redress of their wrongs and grievances”

I hereby instruct you, my representative:

~to immediately initiate and fully support a moratorium on the implementing and enforcement of LD 1811 and

~to initiate and support the repeal of LD 1811 in accordance of the people’s right to citizens initiative.

Thank you,

sign, send, or deliver em yourself
http://www.mainemfg.com/Legislation/...5/Default.aspx

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #35
emerald city

Good post Amber-T
Clock is ticking towards the december 31st deadline...Id like to see LD 1811 repealed also but dont see US [Maine medical marijuana patients] having enough sway to make it happen before the deadline takes effect........My doctor is one of the few who are willing to put thier name on the line to help ,As of last week I was the first patient to show the DHHS issued med card......iVE Also run into other patients who have thier doctors recommendation but arnt aware they will lose thier legal status by january 1st if they dont register through the state.....I will pass this info on, to as many folks as possible .
Thanks for the update Amber

Old 11-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #36
emerald city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Trich View Post
whats maine red bud?
we got snowdog?

got lotsa old time moonshine and flo in maine! schnazzleberry, sweet tooth..
Maine Red Bud[RB]
Susposedly developed from seed stock brought back from vietnam and aghganistan after the war.The guys came back settled back into life and shared what they had brought back..hence the small pockets of interesting genetics found in certain areas of Maine....When PM hit our area[aprox 1999] we were scrambling to find new stock that had some disease resistance to it....A 1960ies era old school grower heard of our problem and this Maine RB was gifted to us[in clone form]and a bag of old seeds he had been keeping for years.....As for the lineage..The red genetics come from cali,and there was talk of it starting with an indica/ghani base..Other then that all i know is she has some stativa due to the streach is 3x base size....She is a decent yeilder,great high/flavor.Superior disease resistance and cold tollerances......Our circle has seen great results useing her as our primary variety for over 10 years...She has been smoked/sampled by folks all over the united states,show by show and holds her own next to the best of "named " breeds...wE Even made hightimes in july? 2000 but the kid that sent in the pix named it wrong.they called it Northern lights....The breed can still be found in small pockets around Maine,mostly its in the hands of an older generation of growers.....

I dont know much about the snowdog...The folks from cali seem to use it as a cash crop and dont want to let it out..Heard one person say they found thier cut in newyork,but whos to say..I know of one local med patient who is running the breed but he had to screw the people who helped him get up and running to get it...Not good karma..The breed will be everywhere in state within a year ill bet..
..Flo -thats a good one...never seen the moonshine.
peace/out

Old 11-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #37
Aeroguerilla
I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle

Aeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivor
chem dd, ak47, supersilversourdieselhaze, mango haze, silverhaze...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
swordfish

swordfish will become famous soon enough
i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald city View Post
Maine Red Bud[RB]
Susposedly developed from seed stock brought back from vietnam and aghganistan after the war.The guys came back settled back into life and shared what they had brought back..hence the small pockets of interesting genetics found in certain areas of Maine....When PM hit our area[aprox 1999] we were scrambling to find new stock that had some disease resistance to it....A 1960ies era old school grower heard of our problem and this Maine RB was gifted to us[in clone form]and a bag of old seeds he had been keeping for years.....As for the lineage..The red genetics come from cali,and there was talk of it starting with an indica/ghani base..Other then that all i know is she has some stativa due to the streach is 3x base size....She is a decent yeilder,great high/flavor.Superior disease resistance and cold tollerances......Our circle has seen great results useing her as our primary variety for over 10 years...She has been smoked/sampled by folks all over the united states,show by show and holds her own next to the best of "named " breeds...wE Even made hightimes in july? 2000 but the kid that sent in the pix named it wrong.they called it Northern lights....The breed can still be found in small pockets around Maine,mostly its in the hands of an older generation of growers.....

I dont know much about the snowdog...The folks from cali seem to use it as a cash crop and dont want to let it out..Heard one person say they found thier cut in newyork,but whos to say..I know of one local med patient who is running the breed but he had to screw the people who helped him get up and running to get it...Not good karma..The breed will be everywhere in state within a year ill bet..
..Flo -thats a good one...never seen the moonshine.
peace/out

I have the super snow dog clone only (mainescaregivers) I dont know or have not seen it anywhere else. Im not the person with bad Karma lol.
We also have
c99 grim brothers
sensi star Pheno (maine star)
Bogglegum
og kush tahoe
also working on cali connection genetics and others
cheese
pineapple express
we crossed a bogglegum male with super snow dog we are testing
and super snow dog with sensi star male.
swordfish jest offline   Quote

Old 11-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #39
emerald city

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
i

I have the super snow dog clone only (mainescaregivers) I dont know or have not seen it anywhere else. Im not the person with bad Karma lol.
I know the story of what i speak, dont include you... A care giver group[with heavy cali influence] have the snowdog breed and one of thier clients had a falling out and kept the strain....
The whole deal was bad karma on both sides....quite the story, but nothing i want to poke at[ iykwim.]

Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #40
Amber Trich

wow that red bud sounds interesting!!

anyone tried midnight oil?
I love it, its really fancy for something so obliteratingly stoney.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #41
emerald city

Midnight oil , Is that the name/breed of MJ in yor area?? ..Never heard of that.or.. is that some of doob's hash creations??.......I Did get to try some of that BHO last year for christmas[first time]...Batch was made up from a qp of ecsd...Im an everyday medicinal smoker and one hit of the BHO i was high,2nd hit i started to get real hot,3rd hit i was done....Reminded me more of baseing coke in the 80ies then smoking hash....Too strong for me ,plus when you figure the cost of a qp of ecsd reduced down to so many grams of oil= not very cost effective...Also started seeing people lost in thier cellars for days looking more like meth freaks then pot heads....I digress....next....So what IS this midnight oil??

Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #42
supersmallgiant
Medical Marijuana Patient

supersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of lightsupersmallgiant is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone know what is happening with this:

Quote:
Sec. 14. 22 MRSA §2424, sub-§2, as enacted by IB 2009, c. 1, §5, is repealed and the following enacted in its place:

2. Adding debilitating medical conditions. The commissioner shall establish, chair and staff an advisory board consisting of at least 8 health care practitioners representing various fields of practice, including but not limited to neurology, gastroenterology, pain management, medical oncology, psychiatry, infectious disease, hospice medicine, family medicine and gynecology. The practitioners must be national board-certified in their areas of specialty and knowledgeable about the medical use of marijuana. The advisory board must also include at least 2 members of the public, at least one of whom is a registered qualifying patient. The members must be chosen for appointment by the commissioner from a list proposed by the Maine Medical Association and the Maine Osteopathic Association or their successor organizations and from a list of individuals who have volunteered to serve on the advisory board. The advisory board shall:
A. Review and recommend to the commissioner for approval additional debilitating medical conditions that would benefit from the medical use of marijuana;
B. Accept and review petitions to add medical conditions, medical treatments or diseases to the list of debilitating medical conditions that qualify for the medical use of marijuana;
C. Convene at least once per year to conduct public hearings and to evaluate petitions, which must be maintained in the same manner as confidential personal health information under section 2425, subsection 8, to add medical conditions, medical treatments or diseases to the list of debilitating medical conditions that qualify for the medical use of marijuana;
D. Issue recommendations concerning rules for the issuance of registry identification cards; and
E. Recommend quantities of marijuana that are necessary to constitute an adequate supply for qualifying patients and primary caregivers.

supersmallgiant jest offline   Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #43
Amber Trich

^I think it just means they will reconvene once a year to go over the rules and make updates?

haha funny post EC! I loved that! hashes and oils make me think the same thing sometimes! although Ive never seen anyone actually get cracked out hahha. great for working though...

midnight oil is a strain people are growing locally. everyone LOVES it and its the only thing we grab once in a while to supplement our stash. I think its a sativa, an immensely stoney one. There always seems to be a lot of it when its around so I wondered if others were getting it too.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #44
Aeroguerilla
I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle

Aeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivor
I got some chemd x purple oil that is 70% thc shit knocks you the fuck out... all us mainiacs should meet up and get cracked out some time lol

Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 AM   #45
emerald city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroguerilla View Post
I got some chemd x purple oil that is 70% thc shit knocks you the fuck out... all us mainiacs should meet up and get cracked out some time lol
Sounds fun but i have to be real carefull.....The older i get the worse it gets,maybe its medical but probley in my head....I can be home or familar suroundings, take my pain pills and smoke [good] pot all day and show no visible signs of bakedness.BUT .If i were to go out in public,meeting new people,still smoking the same pot, I would have an anxiety attack after more then a few puffs...Smoking oil would be out of the question if i were obligated to carry on more then a basic conversation or required to keep my clothes on .
Yes..A meeting of Maine-iac's could be cool long as i can medicate at my own pace...

1 members found this post helpful.