What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

benzo goes round 2

benzo

Round 2..

I'm using 1000 watt HPS Hortilux cooled by a 8in 745 cfm caps valueline centrifugal fan

General Hydroponic Coco Tek with 4:1 perlite.
Watering with Blumat Drippers

I'm using the ==Recipe== with a minor tweak:
GH Micro
GH Bloom
GH Kool Bloom (Powder)
Technifloroa Magical Plus
Dyna Grow Pro-Tek Silica
House & Garden Drip Clean

picture.php

& finally the strains are
DJ Shorts Blueberry x 5
Speed Queen x 1

I got plenty clones of both rooting ;)

This pic was one week after cutting hella clones..
picture.php

picture.php

Here's how I clone.. cuttings on the right are trimmed and ready to be dipped into clonex, then right into rock wool.
picture.php

New clones as of 7/28
picture.php

Old clones, taken 7/20 (I just checked today! about 1/3rd almost 1/2 have roots! thats only 8 days!)
picture.php

New on bottom old on top
picture.php

Plants after round 2 of clone cutting. Right after the light turned off for 18/6
picture.php

Well thats all for now.. I'll be flipping them 12/12 soon, cause they are getting HUGE!:tiphat:

T

Tarus Bulbar

very nice lookn plants bro! Love DJ Shorts Blueberry!!
Goodluck n keep us posted bro
Cheers

775mike

so i take it clonex you like better than oliveas, and do you pre soak the rockwool in ph water? i'm having a hard time cloning

benzo

very nice lookn plants bro! Love DJ Shorts Blueberry!!
Goodluck n keep us posted bro
Cheers

Thanks!!

How often do you water?

Never!

haha nah.. i use these Blumat thingys.. check em out. it feeds them by gravity and this ceramic cone. its AWESOME! plants are growing so fast.. and i dont have to break my back to water!

Blumats

so i take it clonex you like better than oliveas, and do you pre soak the rockwool in ph water? i'm having a hard time cloning

I never used oliveas, but I really like clonex.

I used to clone in my DIY easy cloner.. but during summer the temps are to hot to use it.

Last time i DID ph my water to 5.6 or 5.7 dont remember.

and i got roots faster then without ph'ing the water.

I soak the rockwool, then squeeze some of the excess out.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Looking good Benzo! I just have one suggestion...transplant to Smart Pots! Trust me, they work really well with the Blumats. With the white square buckets my plants were smaller, and the Blumats got stuck on more than once using them and flooded my trays. Plants dont mind, but it is a pain in the ass.

Just wondering why you were switching to Cal-Mag? Magi-Cal works great for me, and is cheaper. This will be the 4th run with Blumats, and each round is better. I just love having my life back, it saves so much time and the plants grow super fast. Good luck!

benzo

Looking good Benzo! I just have one suggestion...transplant to Smart Pots! Trust me, they work really well with the Blumats. With the white square buckets my plants were smaller, and the Blumats got stuck on more than once using them and flooded my trays. Plants dont mind, but it is a pain in the ass.

Just wondering why you were switching to Cal-Mag? Magi-Cal works great for me, and is cheaper. This will be the 4th run with Blumats, and each round is better. I just love having my life back, it saves so much time and the plants grow super fast. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!

I really want to use smart pots, but I can't find them any where at a decent price.

and yeah its flooded a few times. The coco doesnt seem to soak up the water as well as I thought..

As the the Cal-mag, I searched icmag, and found that it was better?

but now I cant find the thread. hmm i havent opened it, i might just return it and get magi cal again then..

slowandeasy

Veteran
Thanks for the advice!

I really want to use smart pots, but I can't find them any where at a decent price.

and yeah its flooded a few times. The coco doesnt seem to soak up the water as well as I thought..

As the the Cal-mag, I searched icmag, and found that it was better?

but now I cant find the thread. hmm i havent opened it, i might just return it and get magi cal again then..

Get some 2 gal Smart Pots, they are like 3.50 a piece, well worth it. I have never flooded them. The white pots flood. I am not sure why Cal-Mag is preferred...Magi-Cal works for me, do what works best for you. If it is too late to transplant to smart pots, get some for next round. Good luck

benzo

Get some 2 gal Smart Pots, they are like 3.50 a piece, well worth it. I have never flooded them. The white pots flood. I am not sure why Cal-Mag is preferred...Magi-Cal works for me, do what works best for you. If it is too late to transplant to smart pots, get some for next round. Good luck

2 gallon? are 3 gallon ones to big?

my plants are freaking HUGE.. I keep cutting clones but they are getting way bigger than I am used to. But its under a 1k so they should flower fine. Imma flip on friday.

I know what you mean about flood :/ its happened twice..

benzo

Well no stores had 2 or 3 gallon smart pots in stock. only 7gallon to 15 gallon! :shucks:

So I had to special order them. They wont come in till next thursday, so I guess I will have to wait till next round to use them. I'm flipping to 12/12 tomorrow, and I know they are root bound right now.. So I'm transplanting into 9x9 white square pots.

I also exchanged my Cal mag for magi-cal (Thanks slowandeasy)
Why change it when I already know Magi-cal works for me :)

I'm also going to put trays under neath the pots just in case they flood again.

Umm.. Here is a pic of them on 7/30
picture.php

& Pic of them 8/3
picture.php

I'll post up more pics once I finish taking more clones, transplanting the big plants, and putting the rooted clones in 16oz cups of coco. I ran outta room so i'm gonna flower em just cause

slowandeasy

Veteran
Well no stores had 2 or 3 gallon smart pots in stock. only 7gallon to 15 gallon! :shucks:

So I had to special order them. They wont come in till next thursday, so I guess I will have to wait till next round to use them. I'm flipping to 12/12 tomorrow, and I know they are root bound right now.. So I'm transplanting into 9x9 white square pots.

I also exchanged my Cal mag for magi-cal (Thanks slowandeasy)
Why change it when I already know Magi-cal works for me :)

I'm also going to put trays under neath the pots just in case they flood again.

Umm.. Here is a pic of them on 7/30
picture.php

& Pic of them 8/3
picture.php

I'll post up more pics once I finish taking more clones, transplanting the big plants, and putting the rooted clones in 16oz cups of coco. I ran outta room so i'm gonna flower em just cause

I just use 2 Gal because lack of Space. Actually I am using 1 gal right now, just to see if it decreases yeild at all. My guess is if it does, it wont be by much. I have a Sour Bubble Mom, that was under 2 70 watt hps and a few CFLs. The stalk on it is by far the thickest I have ever seen. No shit, it is a small tree. The Smart Pots trim off the old roots and new ones are always growing. You can grow a huge plant in a small pot. The thing I like the most is that it is almost impossible to flood them. It has never happened, even with 1 gal Smart pots, they drip every 3 seconds and never flood.

I have a lack of space, plus more medium equals higher humidity. I will see how the 1 Gal Smart Pots work this run, I have plenty of 2 Gal. 4 Sour Bubbles in White pots like yours are in a tent, 2 of them flooded more than once...those ones are smaller. So flooding does effect it.

benzo

I just use 2 Gal because lack of Space. Actually I am using 1 gal right now, just to see if it decreases yeild at all. My guess is if it does, it wont be by much. I have a Sour Bubble Mom, that was under 2 70 watt hps and a few CFLs. The stalk on it is by far the thickest I have ever seen. No shit, it is a small tree. The Smart Pots trim off the old roots and new ones are always growing. You can grow a huge plant in a small pot. The thing I like the most is that it is almost impossible to flood them. It has never happened, even with 1 gal Smart pots, they drip every 3 seconds and never flood.

I have a lack of space, plus more medium equals higher humidity. I will see how the 1 Gal Smart Pots work this run, I have plenty of 2 Gal. 4 Sour Bubbles in White pots like yours are in a tent, 2 of them flooded more than once...those ones are smaller. So flooding does effect it.

Haha small tree.. thats dope.

About humidity, yeah I understand that.. I've noticed the humidity has been going up. I gotta keep an eye on that.

I'm also glad I stuck with the 2 gallon ones, instead of using 3 gallons now.

I read all smart pot threads, and the actually website. I can't wait to run em!

benzo

Thanks Apache123!

& yeah.. having the enviroment dialed in is definitely making them grow much faster/bigger!

they are almost too big! I'm having to bend and weave all the tops into each other. I super cropped, and that stalled em for a day then BAM they exploded even more.

I've been doing defoliation, but not nearly as severe as I see other people doing.

picture updates soon! I'm nearing the 2 week mark and I see plenty of bud sites!!

benzo

Thanks Apache123!

& yeah.. having the enviroment dialed in is definitely making them grow much faster/bigger!

they are almost too big! I'm having to bend and weave all the tops into each other. I super cropped, and that stalled em for a day then BAM they exploded even more.

I've been doing defoliation, but not nearly as severe as I see other people doing.

picture updates soon! I'm nearing the 2 week mark and I see plenty of bud sites!!:party::good::smokey: :joint: