Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Honey QWISO Forum (lets show them why qwiso is the best)

Thread Title Search    
 Honey QWISO Forum (lets show them why qwiso is the best) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #376
Piel
Banned

Piel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud ofPiel has much to be proud of
I think the bad taste comes from using fresh weed (bubble bagged first) is probably chlorophyll, terpenes etc. Green Daargon tastes pretty awful as it is but maybe it could get worse. Using flavoured oils is a thought.
Piel is offline   Quote

Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #377
nvthis

nvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud ofnvthis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbandf1 View Post
Doesnt look dry to me, double boiler uses waterand the steam is rehydrating your product is my guess. .
Water in cannabis oil will cause milky white ribbons until completely purged out...

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #378
EzExtractions

EzExtractions is on a distinguished road
Outdoor Organic Blue Cheese Qwiso Wax

(getting 19% yields with my Cloud 9 Extraction Kit)

EzExtractions is offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #379
Kushed_

Kushed_ is just really niceKushed_ is just really niceKushed_ is just really niceKushed_ is just really niceKushed_ is just really nice
Green Crack, 20 second-gentle shake, from trim. Unbleached coffee filter. Long, warm purge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0945.jpg (43.3 KB, 13 views)

Old 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #380
static shock

static shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud of
bubba kush qwiso

used the pump method
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8117.jpg (314.4 KB, 256 views)
static shock is offline   Quote

Old 12-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #381
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivor
Purdy! What's the QWISO pump method?

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.
Gray Wolf is online now   Quote

Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #382
EzExtractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Purdy! What's the QWISO pump method?
are we allowed to post links to other websites? the pump method involves a glass extractor tube (similar to a BHO extractor tube) and a low pressure hand pump to extract the oils rather than using mason jar/ strainer method. Less equipment to work with plus its a breeze to just be able to load it up with bud, put a filter on the end, fill it up with some iso, attach the pump, and start pumpin.

But ya if were allowed to post links to other websites i can show you where you can get the kits.

BTW Nice Qwiso Static Shock! stuff is dankalicious!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #383
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivorGray Wolf is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExtractions View Post
are we allowed to post links to other websites? the pump method involves a glass extractor tube (similar to a BHO extractor tube) and a low pressure hand pump to extract the oils rather than using mason jar/ strainer method. Less equipment to work with plus its a breeze to just be able to load it up with bud, put a filter on the end, fill it up with some iso, attach the pump, and start pumpin.

But ya if were allowed to post links to other websites i can show you where you can get the kits.

I will leave the answer to that question to the moderators, but what I do instead of just posting a link, is copy and paste articles from other forums, and give credit to that forum as its source.

That aside, you can certainly send me the link by PM and if it looks like a good procedure, we will check out the process and document it for publication here.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #384
static shock

static shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud ofstatic shock has much to be proud of
Quote:

Well put my friend well put.
That sums up my process.

Gonna be uploading some sour diesel shatter made in the same manner soon.
Came out so smelly

Qwiso for the win

Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #385
KonradZuse

KonradZuse will become famous soon enoughKonradZuse will become famous soon enough
Someone was saying that ISO is poisonous and left inside our concentrate which will then destroy our liver over time.

Hello class, this week we are going to be covering IPA(isopropyl alcohol, isopropanol, 2-propanol, etc) vs Etoh(ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, everclear, etc), as this seems to be a popular topic lately, or rather many folks seem to be using IPA for their food grade extractions, so here we will illustrate the differences, and explain why you should use Etoh INSTEAD of IPA (iso) for all your food grade extractions.

To start us off, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol Now that you have read that, note that IPA comes mainly from the mixing of water and propene, that's right, a petroleum distillate!
Now he we will show a specification report for Sigma's 99.7%+ pure IPA (it's a PDF): http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Graphics..._ALDRICH__.pdf Now note the presence of things like arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead, keep in mind they are still present in this commercially refined "pure" product, so imagine what they are in the store bought brands (that purposefully keep it filthy anyways to prevent people drinking it[needs cite]).
Now here we have an MSDS report for 99% isopropanol http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9926005 And one for 70% http://www.transdesign.com/MSDS/La%2...seventyIPA.pdf Both clearly stating that IPA causes gastrointestinal problems, and over-exposure can cause damage to some internal organs, also "Persons with severe skin, liver or kidney problems should avoid use."

Now posting a spec report of ethanol is virtually useless, the pure grades contain usually nothing besides water and ethanol, maybe a point or two of methanol, but for shits and giggles, here is one of 200 proof: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Graphics..._SIAL_____.pdf
Here's the wiki for you to read up on real quick: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol now notice it can be made from either petroleum feedstock, or through the fermentation of sugars, the latter being drinking alcohol, also known as everclear. Speaking of everclear, we have 2 MSDS reports here, one of 151 proof everclear (http://www.nafaa.org/ethanol.pdf) and one of 190 proof everclear (http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9923956)

I'd like to point out, that the oral LD50 in mice, for both is around the same at about 3500mg/kg, but if you did all the reading you'd remember reading that (according to oxford) less than half the LD50 can cause toxicity in a 70kg human if left untreated.

After reading this, ask yourself which you'd rather use in the end... And feel free to ask any questions.

Thoughts on the legitability of this? Also anyone have any idea if anything is left over?

I've used ISO and Everclear with no distinction of the 2, or differences......
KonradZuse is offline   Quote

Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #386
Blue Socks

Blue Socks is a splendid one to beholdBlue Socks is a splendid one to beholdBlue Socks is a splendid one to beholdBlue Socks is a splendid one to beholdBlue Socks is a splendid one to beholdBlue Socks is a splendid one to beholdBlue Socks is a splendid one to behold
You guys are getting the putty like material consistency for your iso hash but whenever I make it, it comes out dry and sandy like dry sift. I don't use heat to purge the iso though i let it sit in front of a fan for at least 8 hours. I'll usually make some in the morning and by the time I get home later the plate is fully dry and there is no oil consistency left. All my iso comes out looking like this. The one on the right is first wash the one on the left second wash. Both were left in the iso for too long which is why they are a little darker than I normally like. Came from some Lemon Kush I had that got molded. The hash still smells faintly of the buds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-22 15.30.40.jpg (86.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-12-22 15.31.36.jpg (83.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-12-22 15.32.05.jpg (86.3 KB, 26 views)
Blue Socks is offline   Quote

Old 12-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #387
Gray Wolf

If you read the MSDS for ethanol, it will say essentially the same thing. At the levels of concern, neither are safe.

At the levels typically encountered in an extract, the concern is more in how it tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonradZuse View Post
Someone was saying that ISO is poisonous and left inside our concentrate which will then destroy our liver over time.

Hello class, this week we are going to be covering IPA(isopropyl alcohol, isopropanol, 2-propanol, etc) vs Etoh(ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, everclear, etc), as this seems to be a popular topic lately, or rather many folks seem to be using IPA for their food grade extractions, so here we will illustrate the differences, and explain why you should use Etoh INSTEAD of IPA (iso) for all your food grade extractions.

To start us off, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol Now that you have read that, note that IPA comes mainly from the mixing of water and propene, that's right, a petroleum distillate!
Now he we will show a specification report for Sigma's 99.7%+ pure IPA (it's a PDF): http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Graphics..._ALDRICH__.pdf Now note the presence of things like arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead, keep in mind they are still present in this commercially refined "pure" product, so imagine what they are in the store bought brands (that purposefully keep it filthy anyways to prevent people drinking it[needs cite]).
Now here we have an MSDS report for 99% isopropanol http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9926005 And one for 70% http://www.transdesign.com/MSDS/La%2...seventyIPA.pdf Both clearly stating that IPA causes gastrointestinal problems, and over-exposure can cause damage to some internal organs, also "Persons with severe skin, liver or kidney problems should avoid use."

Now posting a spec report of ethanol is virtually useless, the pure grades contain usually nothing besides water and ethanol, maybe a point or two of methanol, but for shits and giggles, here is one of 200 proof: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Graphics..._SIAL_____.pdf
Here's the wiki for you to read up on real quick: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol now notice it can be made from either petroleum feedstock, or through the fermentation of sugars, the latter being drinking alcohol, also known as everclear. Speaking of everclear, we have 2 MSDS reports here, one of 151 proof everclear (http://www.nafaa.org/ethanol.pdf) and one of 190 proof everclear (http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9923956)

I'd like to point out, that the oral LD50 in mice, for both is around the same at about 3500mg/kg, but if you did all the reading you'd remember reading that (according to oxford) less than half the LD50 can cause toxicity in a 70kg human if left untreated.

After reading this, ask yourself which you'd rather use in the end... And feel free to ask any questions.

Thoughts on the legitability of this? Also anyone have any idea if anything is left over?

I've used ISO and Everclear with no distinction of the 2, or differences......

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #388
EzExtractions

This is for any one who doesnt think that im getting 19% returns with this pump/tube method, and some dank.

4.2g of Outdoor Blue Cheese w/ stems

0.3g of stems removed = 3.9g of bud total

Scale Tared out with oil slick pad

0.8g of oil according to my scale

Put that on your nail and dab it!

Made with the C9EK

Peace out heads!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #389
static shock

Quote:
This is for any one who doesnt think that im getting 19% returns with this pump/tube method, and some dank.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Made with the C9EK

Peace out heads!
Thats what I like to see.
Keep it up!! Danks like always bro

Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #390
KonradZuse

KonradZuse will become famous soon enoughKonradZuse will become famous soon enough
Quote:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Made with the C9EK

Peace out heads!

I have a Palmscale 7 @ 200g, but it's fucked up. Since I got it every time I weigh something the scale goes into the negative range, so if I have a 0.05 item, it will say 0.02 and then if I take it off will say -0.03. It's messed up... I bought new batteries and it ate through those as well, still displaying the negatives at times. It does it especially now that my battery is super dying.
KonradZuse is offline   Quote