What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emergency Breakdown: A Retrospective

foozo

GREAT POST

GREAT POST

Excellent post with some very good information. You are right that we should have a plan in place for an emergency tear-down. I am going to print your post and go over my location just to be prepared.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With the laws of my area, the first priority after cutting the plant matter up and bagging it would have been to dispose of the plant matter and weed off the property. Our laws charge you with the weight of the weed, so it would be necessary to get rid of that before worrying about lights, dirt or anything else.

Good thread to get people thinking ahead of time.....

turbolaser4528

Veteran
With the laws of my area, the first priority after cutting the plant matter up and bagging it would have been to dispose of the plant matter and weed off the property. Our laws charge you with the weight of the weed, so it would be necessary to get rid of that before worrying about lights, dirt or anything else.

Good thread to get people thinking ahead of time.....
Great thread, we needed one like this. ill be taking some of that advice.

jj - care to elaborate on the some ways to relocate the weight safely, discretely?

I was also thinking of battery acid, or fire room to incinerate the plants if need be, or a some shredding device hooked into the drain pipe to septic or municipal water supply.

theres gotta be a way to destroy organic plant matter on short notice. maybe a phone armed panic button, that somehow disposes of the evidence.

idk just throwin ideas out there

:wave:

Great post and topic for discussion.

In this situation recently I got rid of all plant matter first like JJ said before I got around to the setup.

A rubbermaid container w/ a cfl and a fan for ventilation allowed me to save my most valued genetics.

G

good drown

#1 most important is getting rid of ALL plant matter and rootballs ASAP, but at the same time you have to be careful, as they could already be watching you
what about leaving the set up and filling it with legal plants?

must be a very scary feeling knowing your door is going to be kicked in at any moment.

damn ak, thanks for clearing that up. so did you straighten out your charges? can you start back up now?

F

feral

I feel ya.
I just had a situation a couple days ago that warranted such actions.
I lost so much genetics that I want to cry:
2 flashback#2
1 kings kush
1 pineapple kush
1 romulan
1 lemon skunk
all these were mother plants.
Everything is cool now but I don't have the funds or beans to start back up any time soon.
It looks like it will be months before I can get the funds to get the beans to grow again....sucks.
Only bright side is I have a 6 plants outside but shit they won't be ready for a while.

Recently did an emergency teardown myself. Plants went first, threw in bag and dumped them in a ditch miles away. Hated to see them go as they were pretty far along in budding.

A couple things I took note of to remember - you need your seeds! I stashed mine up high to hopefully avoid the dogs, behind a wall. Have a place to stash seeds.

Keep all plant matter, shade leaves etc cleaned up all the time. So you can cut the plants and go. Its a bitch crawling around looking for little shit they could bust you with.

Another thing - the pipes and shit will be used as leverage against you since in most places a pipe can get you 30 days. My "pipe" is a little silver nozzel that is used for air power tools. Works great, costs almost nothing, and throws far if needed. No fancy pipes or bongs here. They're nice, but a little $2 air nozzel does the same thing. Kept in my drawer in the shed that is already stuffed full of tools and shit.

As I was walking up to the truck with my bag of plants, it got heaved into the feild.

My mistake was not being clean enough, it took a long time of meticulous vacuming to get all the little leaf crumbs that had built up over the months.

That aside, a good paranoid breakdown and thorough cleaning is good practice.

And yea, you pretty much have to get rid of lights and carbon filters and shit. I'm sure the cops will take it as eveidence and you'll never get it back, even if no cultivation charges can be laid on you. So, to save money, that stuff has to go temporarily.

G

good drown

damn ak, i know exactly what you mean. it takes so long to finally get you room to the point where you do not need any new equipment every month or 2.

sanjuan

Thanks for sharing your experience, ak-51.
About keeping a lawyer on retainer, though:

http://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage....incrimination-retainers-and-tricks-byblue-law

(Shaggy) “What about a retainer?”

As a lawyer, I would not take a retainer from a potentially criminal client.

>One, because it might (would) look suspicious to a prosecutor, ie. The lawyer is part of a growing or money laundering scheme. And neither I nor my colleagues would risk our law licenses to bust a pot grower! We WANT clients and the lawyer who turns people in will have exactly enough money to buy catfood!

>Two, its not really necessary. Just know who you’re going to call, have enough money to pay him and you should be as OK. Same for putting money in a lawyer’s trust account.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Good post. Fortunately for me I wasn't in a situation where this was necessary but I have some tips:

1) AT LEAST between each grow, do a major clean up. Get rid of old rockwool/medium, rootballs, unwanted clones/mothers/seeds/leaf matter etc. Vacuum, make sure you know where everything is in case of an emergency.

* I have a habit of getting lazy between grows and yesterday I realized I have old plant matter/root balls from months ago sitting in my garage, misc nute bottles all over my garden, grow area, garage, etc.

2) Make it a habit to clean up leaf matter that falls on the ground on a regular basis. Vacuum, keep plants trimmed, etc.

* After a grow once I cleaned up in the bath tub, and then invited friends over thinking I was clean. As soon as I opened the toilet I saw a yellow fan leaf just swimming there.. must have fallen off a plant.. whoops.

Now I keep a hand vac near the grow and vacuum periodically. I also trim/defoliate the plants and occasionally give them a shake to see if any leaf matter falls out (shouldn't happen to healthy plants.)

3) Pay attention to things you take for granted which may incriminate you. Seeds, old containers, unused equipment, etc.

Remember that the prosecutor can use anything against you. Here are some examples:

If you're caught with 3 jars containing 28g cured weed each, but they find 12 jars in total the other 9 being empty but having THC residue, they can try to pin 336g on you instead of 84g. It would be a "reasonable" assumption on their part.

If you move from the closet to a bigger room, and leave your old equip in the closet, they might say you were "expanding the grow operation." I once read of a case where they saw a new table in the grow room and wrote it down as "... was in the process of expanding the grow operation."

The same will apply if you have lots of seeds laying around or old unused equipment like lights, hydro kits, tents, etc. I suggest selling these off for cheap - You're helping yourself, making a little money, and best part is you're helping somebody else grow who may not otherwise be able to afford these equip.

For seeds, perhaps you can store them in some water cured bud so it looks like regs.

4) Major things to look out for:

NO GUNS or illegal weapons anywhere near the grow op!

NO ties to organized crime!

NO wads of cash! Listen. If you have some extra cash, put it on your CC. Even if you don't have a balance, having extra money on your card looks good, and the card company will send you back a check w/ the difference after a few months, after which you can just pay again. this keeps the money away from your checking account which they may seize. What I just said will only work for small amounts (a few k tops.)

5) Subtle things to look out for:

a) Giving out major discounts and free weed is highly suspicious. Who does that? I do. But still—it's shady. I feel the need to spread the weed around as far as possible, so that everybody can enjoy it, especially new smokers, but people take notice if you're just giving out free bud.

Let's put it this way. If I was a cop interrogating somebody, I would ask: who gives discounts, who has the best prices, who gives in bulk, who's generous with weed? People like this are either growing or tied closely to growers or wholesalers. Weed IS money and nobody gives it away for free.

I have a friend who just started smoking. He works a shitty job and barely has money, and every time he comes by I give him a few grams of bud (seldom.) once he said "you're not growing marijuana in your garage are you?" and laughed. He said it jokingly but this dude is NEVER getting bud for free from me again nor is he allowed in my house so freely anymore. I learned my lesson.

b) Garbage! Nothing incriminating is thrown out in the garbage. Anything that says "I smoke." or "I grow ANY plant" is disposed off far away from where you grow.
No seeds, no stems, no ash, no roaches, no broken bong glass, no leaf matter, no rockwool cube covers, not even a single fucking hydroton rock.

c) If trying to hide anything incriminating in the house, do it with the belief that K9s will be present should a raid occur. This may not always be the case, but try to hide things individually. Better if they find your stash of bud and a little coke rather than one giant box filled with bud, coke, pills, and cash buried in your backyard.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Lighters are like the local bar-slut, they get passed around too much and sometimes you get burned.
boom! knee-slapper!

If you pass one to your friend you shouldn't be surprised if it magically ends up in his pants.
another!
Also every time I put my hands on one I find myself smoking a cigarette soon after wards.
holy crap I'm unstoppable this morning!

:biglaugh: