What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blueberry

I

icon

I relized i havnt givin a full smoke report on the joey weeds f2 blueberry i grew & since the seeds that i made are now being givin out on seedbay i figured i better make one so that people have an idea of what their getting.On the f3's i crossed 2 different males with 3 different famales.

I used advanced nutrients A & B both grow & bloom grown in coco,calmag plus & superthrive & flowered under a 400w hps.

The plants seem to be very sativa in growth structure & with strong vigor & stretching in flower.

YIELD: (5) average, i grew them SOG but would have definatley done better in SCROG or TOPPED

SMELL: (7) artificial blueberry/fruity/floral/skunky

TASTE: (7) blueberry/citrusy lifesavers/floral, its a nice pleasant taste but could be sweeter, im thinking grown organic would help but the smoke is very smooth on inhale

APPEARANCE: (8) frosty,fairly dense

HIGH: (7) i gave it a 7 cuz im an indica person & i got these hoping i would get a nice blueberry indica pheno..... clear/all in the head/pleasant/uplifting/motivational

OVERALL: Its a nice strain & medium potency but i feel it would be a strain best to use in crosses then as a stand alone smoke but thats just me.It was very easy to grow it takes very low nutrients but can handle a high feed as well but theres no need it also handled heating issues i had with no problem & in flower she stretched nearly x3 her size it basically grew like a weed.:plant grow:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Tell us about your males, why were they selected? I am running JW's bb also, out of four females I got one real fruity keeper, the others were good smoke, just not the whole deal. I grow them about four foot and got about 3 zips each. I think the keeper when you find her is a harem gal for sure. Nice pics, any pics of the males, I ain't looking for seeds, just curious.
H

Ulysses

Great job! I hate to say perfect but damn close.

Joey Weed BB is closer to DJShort True BB I feel- more sativa-ish. My grow yeilded several interesting plants including a racy one, a 'boo' berry, and a sage smelling intense buzzer almost unpleasant...

While not knock out potent, Joey Weed BB retains the desirable characteristics of the original strain like no tolerance build, no hangover, and the long lasting buzz... I was satisfied enough with Joey's gear to make alot of BB seeds.

You may have better luck finding an indica pheno with the most recent DJShort BB genre where he used a 'stretch indica' male instead of his famous BB130 sativa leaning male. The last BB indica pheno I discovered was in a pack of MDanzig BB Femmes- hollow stem (very little pith) with a square aspect, fatter rounder buds, huge fans- a magnificent plant despite a bit hermie!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude she looks awesome! It looks identical to my schnazzleberry # 2 keeper pheno, so thanks for sealing the deal on my thoughts of it leaning to the blueberry side. My schnazzle smells like fuel that was made from blueberrys, not like fuel, get it? lol

Also it has a very stoney effect and is known as the vicadin pheno. All my patients would stand up for that plant alone to the very end if they had to chose. Overall the most medicinal plant I have ever smoked, or the only. Every other plant was just getting baked :)

I agree that she is a light feeder but can take the abuse, has a hella stretch and handles high temps well. Nice yield to :) Sorry Ia m so scattered haha I just put a big fat sour bubble :joint:

Again thanks for sharing makes me real happy to see how far she leans, we almost have twins.

I

icon

well now i remember i only used 1 male the other male didnt really have much of a smell to it but it did grow fast & strong but the male i used was sweet very fruity smelling & grew vigorous so i used that one male when i grew these seeds i only sprouted 5 so i ended up with only 2 males to choose from the other seeds just didnt make it.

Make sure you lightly scuff the seeds to help them sprout these blueberries have a hard shell & need a little extra help.

i tried true blueberry that a friend grew looked/smelled better then mine but i didnt like the high it made me feel sorta drunk & stupid lol it smelled like hawaiian punch though so i wonder if it was really a cross.

so far ive crossed jw blueberry into a few strains im looking forward to the day i get to test them out which might not be until next year bcuz theres so many other strain i want to try first but may do 1 this fall.....lapis mnt indica (deepchunk pheno) x blueberry which i call lazuliberry since lapis proper name is lapis lazuli & its blue.
I will be making blueberry x herijuana & blueberry x white rhino next & look for a heavy indica blueberry/ smelling tasting pheno.

Hope everyone who gets the blueberry freebies will enjoy them!

heres an early pic of the male not a stud by looks but definatley by growth & smell.
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks for posting this ICON! I have 5 of your seeds grown out, cloned, and flowering. Excited to see how they turn out.

N

Nick Sand

Very nice icon. Those plants/buds look great and the high sounds stellar. Does the Joey Weed version actually have that elusive Blueberry taste and smell or is it earthy/fruity like all the other ones? Blubonic is the only thing that has come close to Blueberry smells and tastes for me and it still isn't "Blueberry"?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Bro this is a fantastic Blueberry pic this looks just like the ones I grew out from DJ short seed stock ten years ago. :respect:

Yum yum yum. Great looking phenos you've got there. Watching leaf colors change through the flowering cycle is always a treat. Icon, you're right on the money about SCROG (for this particular pheno). My BBs are happier producers under a net or when allowed to stretch their legs into trees.

Are your buds coming out lime-green? Or is it from the lighting? Some bright neon stuff you got there.

I

icon

NICK SAND - yes its very blueberry smelling & tasting with some floral & fruityness but i grow in coco & i believe that the smell/taste is more pronounced then soil in my experience atleast but probally depends on type of nutrients used etc......I have found that this blueberry is very dominate in crosses which is nice to have the smell & taste follow through in the crosses. Although its 80% indica & 20% sativa these were still very sativa in every way. Ive smoked dj's true blueberry that a friend grew & it was a lot more indica & stronger potency but didnt smell or taste like blueberry at all.

SOTF420 - thanx again man from what ive read dj gave a small amount of seeds to joey weed along time ago & these are the f2's much different from the blueberry dj offers today.Although these werent the most potent they are really good to use for breeding projects & can cross them to a much stronger strain of choice.

Last edited:

vajra

Curious, you say this Schnaz pheno is the "vicodin pheno" and I am wondering where this label comes from...what state? is it a cutting that is passed around or a pheno found in a pack?

Dude she looks awesome! It looks identical to my schnazzleberry # 2 keeper pheno, so thanks for sealing the deal on my thoughts of it leaning to the blueberry side. My schnazzle smells like fuel that was made from blueberrys, not like fuel, get it? lol

Also it has a very stoney effect and is known as the vicadin pheno. All my patients would stand up for that plant alone to the very end if they had to chose. Overall the most medicinal plant I have ever smoked, or the only. Every other plant was just getting baked :)

I agree that she is a light feeder but can take the abuse, has a hella stretch and handles high temps well. Nice yield to :) Sorry Ia m so scattered haha I just put a big fat sour bubble :joint:

Again thanks for sharing makes me real happy to see how far she leans, we almost have twins.

I

icon

are these from the freebies i sent in or a different bb?
it looks just like mine.

did you try it yet?
how does it smell?
how far is it in?

bobblehead

Veteran
are these from the freebies i sent in or a different bb?
it looks just like mine.

did you try it yet?
how does it smell?
how far is it in?

Those are yours... They flowered 9.5 weeks and are dunzo! Definitely sativa blueberry. Fruity aroma, maybe blueberry? She's still drying, almost done. I'll give a better report when she's all trimmed up and sampled.

Thanks for making these freebies! :)

I

icon

looking forward to watcha think no problem making freebies i was making more seeds anyways so i figured making extras & sending them in.

bobblehead

Veteran
Trimming the plants up there was definitely a strong aroma of blueberries... They didn't do very well in veg for me. I think I probably fed them too strong. I didn't realize they were so sativa leaning. They have real fat leaves. One of the phenos is very frosty. Great fast finishing sativa smoke. I have one more going into flower now, and I bet I can get this one to turn out even better now that I have an idea how she grows...