What's new

I need info on J1?

nomaad

Veteran
That IC is great stuff. One of my favorites. The people I know that had it had to cut numbers drastically and that strain went bye-bye. With a decent cure was very close to Metal Haze all around! Don't know if the breeder has any beans left but will check. Subrob had some but think he went through em. She goes about 9-9.5 weeks and is a great yielder outside.

Djstiks and Mothersucker...nice job on the J1 :)

oh man... sounds we need to get some of those seeds and at least find a clone keeper. I volunteer.

great bud shots, guys.

R

R3ZNH3AD

Hello YankeeGrower It's good to see your still posting in this thread:) For all those who are interested I have started 30 seeds of J1XIronCindy. I will be looking for a chosen mother and selecting the strongest fathers to make seeds.I am super stoked, Pictures and journal coming this weekend.

Y

Yankee Grower

Hello YankeeGrower It's good to see your still posting in this thread:) For all those who are interested I have started 30 seeds of J1XIronCindy. I will be looking for a chosen mother and selecting the strongest fathers to make seeds.I am super stoked, Pictures and journal coming this weekend.
Should be interesting. Throw up a linker in this thread to your grow journal when you get em going. I know both of those plants pretty well. Here's an old thread I threw up with a few outdoor flowering IC shots. REv, the guy that bred IC, said an IC male would probably knock yields back a bit but the fems in the thread I made look pretty stout though. IC is some gooood stuff :)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=177420

Purplesupremacy...damn fine job with this strain.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Yankee-

Is the J1 in any of the hybrids you sent a few years ago, like the Judges and Lois? What are those hybrids all about?

Y

Yankee Grower

Yankee-

Is the J1 in any of the hybrids you sent a few years ago, like the Judges and Lois? What are those hybrids all about?
Man that was awhile ago...lol. Don't think I ever sent you any J1 stock. Only ones I made were crossed to a Purple Afghani x Oaxacan which I did not give many out and good thing cause they were crappy and also made the J1 x Shadow Haze which were mainly given away in a contest elsewhere. I'm waiting for Rev to find a good Shadow Haze bx2 male though so I can make more J1 beans. GMan has the other half of the J1 x Shadow Haze beans I made :)

The Judge beans were made by Wedge at CC. I gave him the stock I got from my old med farm friend Guano Tea. They were supposedly a very old NL#5 but turned out to be some type of older Skunk. I think Wedge said they ended up going like 12 or maybe 14 weeks??? Yield was not good but quality was great. I was hoping they were an old NL cause Wedge has some Skunk beans from the 80's in his freezer and if legit he was gonna pop those old Skunk beanos and make a cross.

From what Wedge said those Judge beans should be pretty 'pure' and more like a higher F generation it seems.

Lois is a Kal El creation so give him a shout. I lost track of what those are.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Thanks man. You did send the J1 x Purple/Oaxacan back when you sent the Cabby AK99 and NLxNL and a few others. I followed your Purple/Oaxacan grow so I've always been afraid to pop those. LOL

Y

Yankee Grower

Thanks man. You did send the J1 x Purple/Oaxacan back when you sent the Cabby AK99 and NLxNL and a few others. I followed your Purple/Oaxacan grow so I've always been afraid to pop those. LOL
Just the other day I was wondering where I sent Cabby's stock. You're lucky to have some of his gear cause it's rock solid.

Someone local grew out the J1 x Purple Mex and ended up doing 3 back crosses. I gotta check out what happened cause have not talked to him in awhile. I think he's growing the bx3 this year.

I did not like how the originals came out. Yield went up but lost almost all the fragrance and flavor. The smoke was pretty 'thin', lost potency, blah blah. I recommended people I gave those beans to should feed em to the birds...LOL. That male Purple Mex was kind of a beast but seems he sucked. I had high hopes...

picture.php