What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grow show from Texi *lots of pics*

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Hello all I am once again going to attempt to use ICmag because I have friends here. I think that I got a bit defensive and upset in some earlier threads and I apoligize to any I offended.

I should make it clear that I am not a old grower. When I ordered my first batch of seeds I had no idea who to use or what to buy. I went by reviews on the site me and my friend settled on. We got some varieties that are not available at the boo or the bay. I have since ordered from the bay and will be sprouting some bog(sour lifesaver) and rez (chemdog sour diesel) genetics asap. I will give a fair comparison of these products and hopefully that will not be a issue.

Now what kind of grow show would not have some pictures. =)

This is querkle from subcool I am hoping that gypsy might pick him up since he recently dropped one of his main distributors but there may be some history I am unaware of. I would like to recieve subcool genetics from the bay or boo though.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

more info later

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
update-querkle

update-querkle

Querkle pics this is closing up on 6 weeks... Ive read where people claim a plant cant finish faster than 8. The querkle has definately proven to atleast me it can easily finish faster than 8 weeks. This plant was put into flower 12/12 around feb 7th. Ill keep a more accurate log of the next round.

picture.php

zoomed in to full size
picture.php

picture.php

again zoomed in...
picture.php

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Thanks headband and Red just put in order for jack o nesia tonite Idos thread had me wanting it for awhile. No idea what the next grow will be after these querkles finish out. Im currently testing some sk1 beans I made to see how they come out. The one girl I have is just now starting to flower out. Will show her if shes worth showing. A friend gave me his cut of moby dick from Dinafem wich is very lemony. Ill eventually post some pics of this as well.

All of these querkles I had cloned and labeled but my stoner labeling system failed so for the most part Ill have to re-run atleast 3-4 to figure out wich is wich... lol definately a couple of keepers here. For those that dont know Subcool's querkle is speed queen crossed with erkle.

picture.php

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
awsome!!! wow!!!!!!!! i'm speachless bro.so this is what you been up to on the low eh.hows the smell grow details i want info on this man looks killer,i'm acting up with questions bro but damn nice job

big up amigo,DG

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
awsome!!! wow!!!!!!!! i'm speachless bro.so this is what you been up to on the low eh.hows the smell grow details i want info on this man looks killer,i'm acting up with questions bro but damn nice job

big up amigo,DG

Hey bro Ill drop some of my grow details when I get a chance but this is a strain from subcool that is mostly indica finishes very fast and alot of purple phenos. Its typically got a candy grape taste atleast the 2 phenos Ive tried so far. It has a great candy odor smells and taste very similair. Looking forward to seeing what this stuff can taste like with a good cure but im not good at curing ... lol good thing it taste fantastic without a cure. Ill try to get some details up tomorrow bro.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Texi
i'm tagging in mate....that .querkle is looking exeptional good !!

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
heya Texi
i'm tagging in mate....that .querkle is looking exeptional good !!

Hey bro glad you could drop in. This thread will hopefully be crammed with goodies over time. I currently have a decent stockpile of genetics to work / grow with. Going to be fun for sure ...:artist:

Ok so here are some of the details Ive not given. As previously mentioned I am not a highly experienced grower just broke about a year recently. I started out with a aero (home made with sprayers from hydro store) and miracle grow as you can imagine this didnt work out paticularly well. I managed to pull a bit of weight but nothing very special. My aero unit I built was relatively small so I planted a few plants in dirt. These plants outperformed my poorly supplied aero plants. I decided atleast for now to stick with dirt from that point. All of those plants was bagseed. My brother hooked me up with some 15yr old or so beans of skunk 1 from DP and I popped those. These genetics was impressive enough to convince me bag seed wasnt going to cut it. This is when I started searching for vendors.

I read alot on several boards and read the entire MJ handbook by jorge and have tried to immerse myself in this hobby. This is just a hobby for me I have a full time job.

After reading I developed a technique to maximize the lighting I have. I currently run a 400 watt halide, 600 watt hps and a few power compacts for cloning/vegging. What I do is keep a seperate plant room and run my lights 24 hrs a day. The veg girls are kept next to the flower girls sucking up the extra light thrown by the 600. The flower girls come out and into dark room after 12 hrs at wich time I pull flower girls out. This allows me to flower approximately twice the crop with the same amount of light.

I have tried a few different types of nutes after the hydro failure or actually during it I got the 3part bottles from GH. Since Ive abandoned it Ive only used it a couple times on my soil grows. I currently am using miracle grow tomato food and miracle grow bloom booster. I use a calium supplement and have mag salts. This is most likely temporary as I plan on making a trip to a hydro store in the near future and buying some time of soil ammendment program from a reputable company to see if the results pay for the product. I also use super thrive and molasses.

Ill let you guys know when I get new nutes.... would be glad to take any suggestions just realize since Im growing for personal my budget is limited.

Thanks for dropping in guys.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
More pictures this is from pheno#4 of the querkle that I have running shes not to purple but frosty as the rest.
lower nuggage
picture.php

nother nug
picture.php

close up
picture.php

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
morning texi, beautiful trich pics,

any shot of the whole plants ??

cheers m8

Im just lazy bro got a macro lense snapped on my slr camera would have to slap the kit lense on it (wich is the suck) to get a full plant shot. its a 100mm macro lense so can get tops and such but id have to be like 30 ft back to get a entire plant. Ill try to swap on the other lense for a full plant shot sometime

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
ok heres a shot of plant 4 it seems to be a ok yielder i didnt feed these girls enough in early flower then a bit to much in late... first runs always a bit off for me.

picture.php

and a bit closer =p
picture.php

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Couldnt pass up some of the genetics out atm got some jack o nesia and picked up a pack of moscas c99. Friend got some schnazzleberry *sp and some other stuff as well. Together we prolly got around 2k worth of beans either otw or in possession. Going to be a long journey. Sit back and enjoy the ride as always its about the journey not the destination. Good karma all and will post some new pics soon.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Well Dgs release sucked me in yesterday and ordered me some oger99 and witches weed. No idea what Ill be running next since I messed up with my labeling system on the querkle clones have to run them all again... its not so bad though was having a hard time picking a favorite. Heres a few pics of a lower yielder very lemony smelling querkle thats turning purple nicely. The one im smoking right now has a great candy grape taste and up high. Hope yall enjoy and everyones grows are flourishing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Thanks for the props guys. Trying to get my money out of that lense hehe maybe one day ill get a nom for photo of the month or something. Thanks again and grow heavy