What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flame Defender - automatic fire extinguisher

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I am your new cut and paste hero.

The Flame Defender is the cheapest insurance policy you can buy to protect yourself, your grow room, and your home!
You probably use several electrical devices in your indoor growing area, such as power strips, CO2 generators, heat mats, lights, light movers, reservoir heaters, fans, pumps, etc. Any of this equipment can malfunction and cause a fire.
The Flame Defender is suitable for these types of electrical fires. It's self contained - there's no plumbing or wiring required. Simply install by attaching vertically to the wall or ceiling of your growroom.
The Flame Defender fire extinguisher provides you with an extinguishing agent that is automatically dispensed if the temperature probe on the unit reaches 155° F.

you grow weed, you can burn yer house down homie.
the flame defender is sold in just about every grow store now as hydrofarm has picked it up and distributes them.

they cost between $45 and $150 hang one above your grow

here is a link http://www.4hydroponics.com/lighting/flameDefender.asp

I don't sell them just like the idea
now where is that ass to mouth smilie-emoticon?

Last edited:

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
my local store is DChydro far as I know they are hydrofarm only, but you could be right Brian maybe started carrying n-g-w stuff. thanks for the heads up Cheeb

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
These are brilliant. Unfortunately for many stealth growers, they look too out of place. But for anyone who doesn't have to worry about stealth, excellent find!

the_man

They look like a nice addition to any grow room / ballast room.

My local shop doesnt have them yet and they are 100% hydrofarm.
I dont think hydrofarm is distributing these, but rather NGW or Sunlight Supply.

it is NGW and Sunlight Supply there in the new catalog

D

Deaner

I have two of them. Haven't used them yet because my room hasn't been setup yet.

BPJR

I have been looking at these for awhile. They seem like a great thing to add to any grow. Very reasonable for the peace of mind they give.

spurr

Veteran
I am your new cut and paste hero.

The Flame Defender is the cheapest insurance policy you can buy to protect yourself, your grow room, and your home!
You probably use several electrical devices in your indoor growing area, such as power strips, CO2 generators, heat mats, lights, light movers, reservoir heaters, fans, pumps, etc. Any of this equipment can malfunction and cause a fire.
The Flame Defender is suitable for these types of electrical fires. It's self contained - there's no plumbing or wiring required. Simply install by attaching vertically to the wall or ceiling of your growroom.
The Flame Defender fire extinguisher provides you with an extinguishing agent that is automatically dispensed if the temperature probe on the unit reaches 155° F.

you grow weed, you can burn yer house down homie.
the flame defender is sold in just about every grow store now as hydrofarm has picked it up and distributes them.

they cost between $45 and $150 hang one above your grow

here is a link http://www.4hydroponics.com/lighting/flameDefender.asp

I don't sell them just like the idea
now where is that ass to mouth smilie-emoticon?

I use two of them, the big one (model 740712) is hanging in my room outside my grow tent above ballasts, CHHC-4, fans, etc. The small one (model 740702) is hanging inside my tent (see pic below). I for one think they are important to have in a grow room, along with GFCI grounded outlets.

:ying:

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 19

spurr

Veteran
bump:

anyone else use these???? anyone have it dispense??

I have not, but I have seen the HALO system go off over the grill/oven at a restaurant. The same type of substances within the HALO system are used in the Flame Defender, IIRC, that is, A/B/C fire type control. It sure does make a big mess, that's hard to clean, if it goes off.

The Fire Defender goes off once internal temps reach 155'F. The small unit (I use in my tent) has a spray diameter of ~4 feet.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
What's gonna burn in your tent? I put mine over the top of my ballasts.

spurr

Veteran
Nothing I can think of, except a few in-line fans. I mostly put it in there because I figured 'why not'; it can't hurt.