What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing everyone

Thanks for sharing everyone

Love this thread with coffee and a joint

mack 10

Veteran
Beast mode!

Killin' it Yes4, Screws and Pono.

Imagine one day you will be able to plant out the whole property
Like any other farmer, I can only imagine the yields you guys would get.
Good luck on your harvests.

ponolove

I went up for a fight today and was shocked at how many gardens had popped up this year! And the overall health of gardens was amazing too.. Afterwards I got to tour some gardens of a local grower I have alot of respect for
picture.php

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn those are wide loads! love that style straight in the ground style, do you know when they planted those and what general age they were?

ponolove

Hey sorry deleted the plane pic, there was too much in the background to locate. I don't want that crew to get in trouble because of a pic I posted. I got some other great shots i will put up later. After telling some buddies at softball practice last on buddy said he works on a 1k in 400s farm!!! Anyways my friend, "Mr. R", plants all seed started in February and plugged the first week of may. He does zero pruning! How do yall feel about that? I prune like hell and it's a pain in my ass, I would rather not if unnecessary. His spot is windy as hell so he puts those individual wind screens up. The guy is a master grower and his farm sets the bar. 40 of 60 plants were that size or bigger.

C

Cep

Pono, do you know how he approaches soil? It looks like he's going straight into holes, but does he amend heavily or feed with nutes later? I also cant see any irrigation set up? Badass plants though, would like to see the buds.

ponolove

Hey Cep he has been building that soil 3 years, from scratch. He digs them out, takes all that straw and tills that and his amendments back in the winter. Tons of amendments. He does 5 sprayers per plant and leaves that straw on the entire time, I bet it's 4 inches thick. He cuts his own straw and uses it for compost. It's an incredible farm, mad respect. I don't think he has much of a foliar regimen, he just got a backpack sprayer a month ago lol

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i also barely did any pruning this year….mostly because last year i didn't see any noticeable difference. i had my gorilla glues in the mounds, pruned the living fuck out of them took out so much inner growth you can damn near stand inside the plant, multiple days pruning non stop, had great coke can colas and 5lb average yield. my partner had his glues in 200s, did zero pruning at all, still had the same coke can colas and same 5lb yield. he left all his larf out another 2-3 weeks and harvested a proper popcorn crop for hash or cheap bulk units.. the extent of pruning i did this year was just chop out the lower growths about 1-2 feet up, and maybe pinching a few nodes here and there while hand watering but no extensive inner growth removal.

damn did you say 1000 400 gal pots? thats freakin insane the amount of work required for that, need a dozen day laborers to handle that shit. that one garden on the river is pretty beautiful though, but upcoming water board regulations would frown on being so close to the watershed. they threatened to give a neighbor a 10k fine because he has a dry creek bed with zero water about 100 yards from his greenhouses.

ponolove

Yes4 I agree with the water thing but if you look again at that pic check out that vineyard just installed on the other side of the river. It literally runs up to the banks. I have had words with them. It's the blue diamond almond mafia. It is like that on every vineyard they installed this winter, I don't understand how or why they do it. They clear-cut across from me and installed a monster pump and dug out the intake in the middle of the river. One weekend they were racing rhinos up and down in the river over coho spawning beds thrashing them. Now they have these propane boomers spread out that go off every few minutes so it sounds like my farm is under mortar attack all day.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Anyways my friend, "Mr. R", plants all seed started in February and plugged the first week of may. He does zero pruning! How do yall feel about that?
I didnt do much pruning this year, just once when i put on the first layer of cages , I pruned all the little branches inside the cage. I think that was early july. SInce then they havent been touched really. growth is fine i think.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yes4 I agree with the water thing but if you look again at that pic check out that vineyard just installed on the other side of the river. It literally runs up to the banks. I have had words with them. It's the blue diamond almond mafia. It is like that on every vineyard they installed this winter, I don't understand how or why they do it. They clear-cut across from me and installed a monster pump and dug out the intake in the middle of the river. One weekend they were racing rhinos up and down in the river over coho spawning beds thrashing them. Now they have these propane boomers spread out that go off every few minutes so it sounds like my farm is under mortar attack all day.

thats crazy…they are allowed to just draw from the river like that? sounds like water rules are a little more lax up there in oregon. CA is turning into a gestapo state in enforcing water and environmental regulations against pot farmers, theres been nonstop media saturation about it, shasta county just bought 2 armored vehicles for marijuana eradication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts