What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoooth

Cherry pie. One of our favorite plants this year do to structure etc....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344059038.586616.jpg

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Tom you run any Monster Deep CHunks this year ? :biggrin:
That is a view I bet everybody here want to see :peacock:

McDank8O5

it poured last night and this morning down here, bright and sunny now tho... cant be having that bipolar weather in the next few months ill tell ya...got me spooked.

everybody is looking killer ! i'll have some photos soon!

happy growing

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Couple updates from the Bay Area.

The White x Casey Jones from CGS

picture.php

I was going to upload more but the site is running even slower than normal, maybe tomorrow.

hey organic buds. interested in your thinking behind a 65gallon maxing out at 1.5. we've seen McDank's ladies in 65s and there pretty huge.

given volume and diameter ratios of 65g v 300g, and assuming a 300g can reach 10+ (without respect to grower capability), i would image that a large yielding strain put into a 65 could reach 2, if not 2.5.

best to everyone.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey organic buds. interested in your thinking behind a 65gallon maxing out at 1.5. we've seen McDank's ladies in 65s and there pretty huge.

given volume and diameter ratios of 65g v 300g, and assuming a 300g can reach 10+ (without respect to grower capability), i would image that a large yielding strain put into a 65 could reach 2, if not 2.5.

best to everyone.

im pullin 1lb plants outta a blackout at present, 30 gal bags, any respectable outdoor plant gonna make 2 lb pretty easy seems to me.

CBF

anchient

i heard a rule of thumb that is [1oz per gal.] that seems to be close with plants in contaners or home made smart pots, 5 and 10 gal. buckets. i had to grow in 5 and 10 gal. buckets for 2 years 1 time. the plants looked and were real big, but-i still only got a oz per gal give or take 1 oz eather way. good loose soil, plenty of ferts and water, plenty of sun. i thought it sucked real bad. as i'am used to growing in the ground. now i'am growing in dirt and 50 gal diy smart pots. loving life. has anyone heard this or found this out to be true? great luck to anyone that reads this! later anchient

Attachments

• 7-21-2012 my big baby.jpg
    7-21-2012 my big baby.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 12

McDank8O5

best to everyone.

shit this was one of my girls in a 65 last year and she pulled 3 even after losing some to caterpillars. and she wasnt half as big as my girls in the 65 this year.

ill have updated pics of the garden later today :tiphat:

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Well, I stand corrected you guys. My point was that soil does max out potential for an outdoor plant. Guess I should have said 3lbs maxed out for a 65? You guys must be twice the growers, because I have only gotten around 1.5 from a 65, respect.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rootwise lined me out this year on usin a a guano top dressin right after the stretch. used a 0-72-0 bat guano mixed with soil, about 4 inches in the pots. think it made a big diff in bud size.

either way im pretty happy with the results

M

MummyCat

Rootwise lined me out this year on usin a a guano top dressin right after the stretch. used a 0-72-0 bat guano mixed with soil, about 4 inches in the pots. think it made a big diff in bud size.

0-72-0!!? WTF!?

Y

YosemiteSam

Care to share what guano that is and how much you use per cubic ft of soil. I figure stretch has begun for me and a little boost is never a bad thang :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts