What's new

Romer's Bill ( Colorado )

xfargox

Wow!

How the hell can they make different rules for veterans and non-veterans?

That's kind of scary. I'm truly grateful for veterans protecting our freedom, but I don't think they should be able to disallow people of these privileges just because they aren't a vet...

Totah Sam

You know what's next don't you? "No dispensary will be allowed to operate in residential areas." The next step is no more personal grows. You'll have to get your MM at an Authorized Dispensary. We're slowly creeping towards corporation owned MM dispensaries. With each ruling, regulation and restriction, we are being hedged in and blocked from growing our own meds. It's happening in all the states that allow MM.

The changing of the guard is happening in America and no one is doing a thing to stop it. They will soon raise the flag of The Corporate States of America and we become its subjects rather than citizens.

Colorado fucked up on this one.

LIFEISGOOD

Vets?

Vets?

Wow!

How the hell can they make different rules for veterans and non-veterans?

That's kind of scary. I'm truly grateful for veterans protecting our freedom, but I don't think they should be able to disallow people of these privileges just because they aren't a vet...

I just read the bill at the link above and didn't see a mention of vets. I admit that I am not very good at reading legal jargon, and more than likely got distracted....

Vets are patients too...

It seemed like it regulates the doctors and associated fees.

What is the big loss here?

Surrender

It's all very odd considering the CO Legislature originally implemented this very same MMJ program in 2001 with SB 1371. That bill was supposed to be sufficient. Once patients actually started utilizing the program in numbers the legislature suddenly got concerned.

Seems to me the state forced the issue by failing to stay on top of the paperwork. The only place the situation is out of control is in the CDPHE mail room.

They have all the tools they need to address this already in the statute book but instead have manufactured this "emergency" out of smoke and mirrors.

I just read the bill at the link above and didn't see a mention of vets. I admit that I am not very good at reading legal jargon, and more than likely got distracted....

Vets are patients too...

The part about Vets is if you are under 21.... it is a double standard IMO.... the other side to that though is that Vet's primary physicians aren't legally allowed to prescribe MMJ .....

As far as the big loss????????? :

So now you can take your medical records ( optional at some places )and go to any doctor in the state and get a recommendation or renewal the same day for let's say a statewide average of $150 doctor and $90 for state fee.

So after March 1st your doctor will had to have conducted a physical, reviewed all your medical records, and see you once previously in regards to your " debilitating condition " before he/she can give a recommendation. He/she will also have to due follow up visits and report how mmj is effecting your condition. How much is that going to cost??? $500 a year? more?....

Speaking of which... with all the new requirements and possible pentilties for the physicians now you will be lucky if we can still find doctors for a price thats even possible. Also there is a little clause in their about communication with CDPHE and law enforcement if your card gets revoked or not renewed.

I cannot believe this is the only forum on this... I think the medicine has gotten to good in this state that no one is paying attention.

I cannot believe this is the only forum on this... I think the medicine has gotten to good in this state that no one is paying attention.

Since this is about medicinal cannabis we have been discussing Romer and his various unconstitutional bills in the medical forums, but sometimes in the growers forums, and lately in the employment forums. Also, now in the news forum.

Bummer.... I really hope they don't make it impossible to get a med card. I dreamed for years of being able to legally grow and smoke my favorite plant and now that I finally have realized that dream they're trying to take it away from us.

America sucks :(

R

RMCG

So if anybody hasn't heard it passed 6-1. From what I know it doesn't go into effect until 03/01/2010, and if you already have your card ( or recommendation ) nothing changes for you until next years doctor visit although it might not hurt to look into it earlier. We lost this one.

link to the bill:
http://coloradomedicalmarijuana.net/Romer-Spence-bill.pdf
article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/27/colorado-medical-marijuan_9_n_438985.html

It has only passed the first of 3 steps so far.

(edit)
Now has passed the Senate...

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-xgr-medical-marijuana-020110,0,3279125.story

SoCoMMJ

Romer is sleeping with the DEA on this one.

The piece that you guys are missing is the requirement for Doctors to have a DEA scheduled substance license. Not all doctors carry this license. Additionally, the DEA has sent notices to the doctors on their list threating to pull any Dr's license that recommends Medical Marijuana.

No DEA licensed doctors will be willing to write a recommendation if he is risking losing his practice by doing so. They will just continue to write pharmaceutical scripts.

No more recs = No more MMJ program.

Now wasn't that easy for them to pull off ??

Your elected representatives and government are NOT working for you. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

I definitely realize it. in fact I came to realize that harsh truth several years ago, but short of another revolution what can we do? I just don't see how we can possibly put a stop to this absurd trampling of rights when all the votes are taking place behind closed doors and not in a public forum of some kind

mcrider

Ok so if you are in Romer's district remember this crap and make sure you vote against him in the next election. Also lets hope it does not pass the next vote or the Gov. does not sign it. I have not seen any opinion from the Governor on this but my guess is he will sign it into law. Sad news indeed but its not like the people in this state are going to stop smoking or growing. Its just going to cause things to go back underground. Maybe someone can sue the state over the law and get it over turned but that might take some time to play out in courts.

What I wonder is if you already have a rec. from a Dr. it seems to me we already have a relationship. I wonder how that gray area is going to affect things for the thousands of ppl that already have recs.. Would that simply mean that they would have to give you a better look over next year then right the rec... I am not sure the door is completely closed yet but it sure seems like they are trying to slam us back in to the closet.
mcrider

xfargox

Vets are patients too...

Dunno if someone else responded, but look at page 2.

I'm not discriminating AGAINST vets at all, but if you're 18-20 and a non-veteran, a board must review your case.

The lesson we should have gained from WWII was that militarism is dangerous. I just hope it isn't going by the wayside.

The piece that you guys are missing is the requirement for Doctors to have a DEA scheduled substance license. Not all doctors carry this license. Additionally, the DEA has sent notices to the doctors on their list threating to pull any Dr's license that recommends Medical Marijuana.

No DEA licensed doctors will be willing to write a recommendation if he is risking losing his practice by doing so. They will just continue to write pharmaceutical scripts.

No more recs = No more MMJ program.

Now wasn't that easy for them to pull off ??

Your elected representatives and government are NOT working for you. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.
(III) THE PHYSICIAN HAS NOT HAD HIS OR HER UNITED STATESDEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE FEDERAL DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION13
CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES REGISTRATION SUSPENDED OR REVOKED AT14
ANY TIME.1

This is the only thing I saw pertaining to that. It technically doesn't say they have to have it the way it reads . What's your source on this? I've always heard he's shady...."wolf in sheep's clothing".....

Directrix

wait so if this passes it will be required that you visit a doctor for a renewal and right now you don't have to???

If so that's fucking bull shit.

the 30,000+ people with their cards right now are probably growing their own. that's why the state is getting strict because they aren't making as much money as they thought they could have. fuck guys, this is bad.

canaguy27

iirc one needed the doctor renewal regardless. now the docs have to grab your balls and make you cough each year instead of doing what they are now.

edit: I think there are 75,000 people now.

ChronJohn

I dunno about all that man

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/307/conant.shtml

and that's old news

G

guest123

please provide more info socommj, i'm having a hard time believing a significant number of doctors have had their federal license suspended or revoked...

SoCoMMJ

(III) THE PHYSICIAN HAS NOT HAD HIS OR HER UNITED STATESDEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE FEDERAL DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION13
CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES REGISTRATION SUSPENDED OR REVOKED AT14
ANY TIME.1

Means that they have to have a federal controlled substance license. Many doctors dont have them. That is the reason that most general practitioners don't write MMJ recs right now. They don't want to risk their DEA license and practice.

Latest posts

Latest posts