What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JACK HERER From SensiSeeds

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
hello everyone i'm starting my 2010 with a bang this year , and decided to do a full run of SensiSeeds Jack Herer clones obtained from a very reliable friend(thanks wayzer:wave:) and the seed stock originated from amsterdam ..(actually they were bought at the sensi smile coffee shop in rotterdam,apparently just a stones throw away from amsterdam) anyways multiple packs were bought and grown out to find a real keeper pheno, well one was found several months later..

the pheno chosen was selected for its above average yeild , potency and aroma , i was also informed that this pheno tends to use up more cal mag then the others..... however they also finished later then the others............ 11-13 weeks flowering time is required to achieve full potential of this plant.......

So with that being said allow me to provide some info on their enviroment and nutrients

enviroment...
12X8 room
exhaust fan ..8 inch vortex..
intake fan...8 inch vortex...
8 inch carbon filter...
3--12inch oscillating fans...
1 hygrometer

Lighting...

2--1000w hps with hortilux eye bulbs...
1--400w Mh with phillips bulb....

Nutrients....
Advanced Nutrients Full Line
Micro
Grow
Bloom
Mother earth super tea grow/bloom
Humic acid
Fulvic Acid
B-52
Sensizym
Carboload(powder)
piranha
voodoo juice
big bud(powder)
bud blood
overdrive
finalphase
bud candy

I vegged the clones for about 1 month before flowering , and since i flowered the girls i have been pinching the stems everyday to try and reduce the stretch and thus far its working.........
so without delay here's some pics i snapped about 2 weeks ago.

for the last 3 weeks its been pretty cold at night for the girls17-18c and with that cold i been slowly noticing on a few plants the onset on cal mg def's . individual leaflets are curling sideways ......

noticing this i've set the intake and 1 oscillating fan on a timer to turn off 1 hour after the lights do , and 1 hour before they turn back on.... hopefully the warmer temps at night will balance everything out...........

Today is day 6 of week 2 flowering and i'll post up a few pics of the girls tonight.......until then hope everyone has a great day..:groupwave:

EarlGrey

they look good vince, but are you planning on using all those nutrients?? thats alot of plant food...hehe.....
jack herer is one of my all time favorites...

the picture of that last plant looks a little yellow.. how close do you have your lights from the tops of the plants??? might be a little strong for the little ones....

vince514

Veteran
thanks EG but i'm not planning on using all those nutrients i wont be using all of them the biggest week is week 2 product wise...but thanks though...
and yes the last plant is slightly yellow as i mentioned my temps are a little low at night... and funny that you mention i just raised the lights yesterday because the plants were getting fairly close to the bulbs......good eye..

J

jingles

Ive got a nice sensi jack herer, The veg time on her is less than a week otherwise you get a tree. Your looking at some monsters there mate..J..

vince514

Veteran
That's looking really really good :) I'm glad to be along for the ride..

thanks alot GS they have grown a little since the last time i took pics.......

Ive got a nice sensi jack herer, The veg time on her is less than a week otherwise you get a tree. Your looking at some monsters there mate..J..

well i've been pinching them everyday for the last 2 1/2 weeks and it seems to have helped a little but i dont think i'm gonna pinch them for a couple of days....my buddy suggested i give the pinching a break to achieve more elongated colas.......i figure the'll get to maybe 4ft when finished....hopefully shorter though but we'll see what happens.......:tumbleweed:

vince514

Veteran
ok everyone today is day 6 of week 2 and their really getting tall but thankfully the pinching helped keep them bushy........

here they are just waking up.....

i'll post up more pics as i go along thanks for stoppin by everyone:biggrin:

keke.nz

Wow they're looking awesome. Nice work. Would love to try some JH sometime, just gotta get the money together :)

Keep it up.

Peace keke

vince514

Veteran
Wow they're looking awesome. Nice work. Would love to try some JH sometime, just gotta get the money together :)

Keep it up.

Peace keke

thanks keke their enjoying the feed, save some cash and get some JH beans their well worth it.....

thanks for posting everybody:biggrin:

Wayzer

Holy shit buddy... You doin those Jack's real nice... never seen them so Bushy!!!!
Fuckin nice job.... Expect a nice refreshing cherry smell on those.....

Good growing!

vince514

Veteran
This will be good :lurk:

thanks jwp i'm looking forward to this one.....

Holy shit buddy... You doin those Jack's real nice... never seen them so Bushy!!!!
Fuckin nice job.... Except a nice refreshing cherry smell on those.....

Good growing!

can't wait to see how these turn out for me....they look ok so far.....

thanks all for the positive vibes i'm sure its gonna be an intresting couple of weeks...:huggg:

vince514

Veteran
nice full house!

thanks man their starting to get bushy snd the stretch isn't that bad:smokeit:

I've also snapped a quick photo of one of the plants with slight cal mag Deficiency

the new growth seems to kind of balanced out but some of the older leaves still the inward curling..

vince514

Veteran
Hello today is day 1 of week 3 for the jack's and their starting to show pre-flowers, and they dont seem to be stretching very much however they are still stretching none the less:dunno:

they recieved their weekly dose of food today and they look like their enjoying their meal ...lol but seriously their coming along nicely so far... i cant its already week 3...wow time really fly's by.........

I seperated one plant to show the extensive side breanching and the overall height, i'm also very happy with the uniformity of these clones...............this plant is average height and most are the same height or slightly shorter....

sorry everyone i had to slip in one pic that's not jack ....

It's WhiteWidow X Mist of Destruction

so for today everything is good ......thanks for stoppin by and good karma to all....

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
very nice looking forward for a smoke report, I'm growing some jack flash and nl#5xhaze from sensi seeds
thanks for sharing.

vince514

Veteran
thanks dr.dank for stoppin by and giving some kind words...

jack flash is also good it's Jh backcrossed to a skunk pheno to shorten flowering time.. i know some people who grow this strain regularly and its a very good smoke and a good cash crop too ......
and the nl#5Xhaze is a champion on its own . its very good smoke but a little too racey for me but i know a few people who swear by it....

thanks for stoppin by.......

Looks very nice, Jack is my main plant and have been growing it for years. The pheno I've got of it is pretty much my "holy grail". Keep trying to find something better than it but I can't lol.
One thing I'd say is if it's anything like mine, try to get a net on over it or something else it will fall all over the place.
Good luck, it's looking amazing at the moment, and to the guy who said it will smell like cherries, mine smells nothing like that - wouldn't mind trying to find it though :)

Latest posts

Latest posts