What's new

EZ-Cloner review

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
40amps --

Backtracking a bit here, do you do anything special to your mother plant before hacking her up for clones?

Psssh mother plants? I cut clones at 40-65 day flowering off the best plants and reveg them. I pop a lot of seeds because I find it more fun than running clone only and people are buyin my shit anyways so I am currently busy exploring the big world of genetics to find out what I really like.

Another method I use for cloning is the first plants to show frost in flowering are immediately cloned 4x.

(The reason I use two different methods is timing. I have to make a judgment call on which method would be ready at the right time.)

In other words...I am not even cloning vegetative plants. By the time my plants are revegged the tents they are supposed to go into are ready for them.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im cleaning the fuck out of my cloner now!! im going to be gone tomorrow. so ill be letting it run while im gone. i got hot water and bleach running now. (1cup bleach, 30 site cloner)
40amps, anything else i should do extra? my friend takes the misters off and soaks them in bleach, and lets it run that way... does any one else do this?? i think that would help clear the manafold.
im going the extra mile this clean

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im cleaning the fuck out of my cloner now!! im going to be gone tomorrow. so ill be letting it run while im gone. i got hot water and bleach running now. (1cup bleach, 30 site cloner)
40amps, anything else i should do extra? my friend takes the misters off and soaks them in bleach, and lets it run that way... does any one else do this?? i think that would help clear the manafold.
im going the extra mile this clean

Yea, take the misters off and don't run it while you are gone that whole time man the bleach might be to caustic on some of the plastic parts for that extended amount of time!

I run it for 30 min to an hour.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks alot.
i just switched to plain water. let it run in the bleach mix with out misters for awhile before. i pulled out the misters and used a pin to clear them. 2 were clogged bad. some how, my coco made its way into the cloner.
im going to the store tomorrow, getting some earth worm castings to make some tea. try to speed things up :D

D

dunkybones

No mother plants! You're killing me. Are you saying your clones are little buds on top with firecracker roots on the bottom, jammed two at a time in an ez cloner splashing worm poo tea? How long do they take to re-veg?

I cleaned up my cloner and the tea is brewing now... 2 1/2 gal. H2O, 1 tblsp molasses, 1/2 cup worm castings, bubbled for 24 hrs. Strain it clear and add a cup of that to the cloner, run the cloner in the mid/high 70's?

I think you're nuts, but I'm trying it.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No mother plants! You're killing me. Are you saying your clones are little buds on top with firecracker roots on the bottom, jammed two at a time in an ez cloner splashing worm poo tea? How long do they take to re-veg?

I cleaned up my cloner and the tea is brewing now... 2 1/2 gal. H2O, 1 tblsp molasses, 1/2 cup worm castings, bubbled for 24 hrs. Strain it clear and add a cup of that to the cloner, run the cloner in the mid/high 70's?

I think you're nuts, but I'm trying it.

Exactly right on everything let us know how it goes so we can get some sort of consensus on this as far as results go.

I will be cloning again in about a month so we will see how my third run goes and hopefully I will have time to document pics.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on timing sometimes I will even let them veg in the thing and get them about a foot long, but normal circumstances I plantem when they look like the ones in the first picture, in the first post, in the two rows on the right. The subsequent rows are also plantable and would do fine, but I would only plant them if I did not have time to keep them in the cloner another day or two.

D

dunkybones

I cut 30 Haze clones today, they wilted a little, but that happens sometimes. I threw in an airstone and an aquarium heater set to 78 degrees. We'll see what we see in a few days.

Last edited:

opt1c

Veteran
pll-55 or t5s 30 inches above the cloner... i've also used t12 flouros before as well; gotta keep those a lot closer though; more like 10-12 inches

T

Teeg420

How many ml/g of clonex cloning solution do you recomend in the ez cloner?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
pll-55 or t5s 30 inches above the cloner... i've also used t12 flouros before as well; gotta keep those a lot closer though; more like 10-12 inches

I use t5's at about the same height also. If you put the lights close it stalls them and they want to veg rather than shootout roots.

D

dunkybones

I'm on day six with 78 degree ewc, and I have lots of bumps, but no actual roots yet. The tops are all nice and green like the day they were cut. So I'm not all the way there yet, but it is already a dramatic improvement over past performances. I like it. And I don't even need these clones, they're extras.

opt1c

Veteran
u always get the best rates when doing extras u don't need; some universal law or something

CovertCrops

Round 1 with Ez-cloner: 5-6 gal RO water, 1 cup ewc tea, foliar applications of rhizotonic, roots in 10 days. I let the water temp get a bit low for a few days (65f) which I think slowed them down.

Round 2: was the same as round 1 but water temps remained @ 75f. Roots in 8 days.

I have tried many different ways to root clones over the years but the Ez-cloner takes top prize. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

40amps - Thanks for the ewc tea info, both runs have been slime free.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea, i did my first run w EWC, it really does cut out alot of rooting time.
temps are great, mid 70's

thanks again 40amps!

D

dunkybones

Tomorrow is a week for the cloner running, should I swap out the rez, or do y'all let it ride?