What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

70w hps club

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
upon further review (of diagrams and pictures) its an ignitor thats been coming with my ballasts not capacitators. i guess all i need is a cmh bulb and im set with the ballast i already have.

M

mrred

whats the usable light distance on a 70hps? 6-7 inchs maximum?

here my cab i just built a few days ago, dont know if want to go vertical or what, its 14x14x15

Last edited:

smokeymacpot

Veteran

here my cab i just built a few days ago, dont know if want to go vertical or what, its 14x14x15

its useable above that, its just weaker.
vertical.. i would say it would be a PAIN to do, scrog is more efficient, but you must make sure the tops are well established before flowering for best yeild.

grouchy

I think you should try the v-scrog out. Make a lampshade for that 70w and use every lumen it throws. You could rotate the screen to get access to the back side for training. Way more efficient than a flat scrog.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
a 70 will cover that space easily. i would be more worries about heat. my box is 36x24x12. 36high 24 wide 12 deep and 70 was fine, look at the pics i posted on page 4. your space is like half that. and then some. i think the falloff range with a 70w is like 2feet. or something like that, and minimum distance from bulb recommended is 7inches or so. there was a chart lemme see if i can find it.

grouchy

Wow, these 70w grows are so stealth that people can't even find them to take pictures and share.

M

mrred

having trouble getting my bulb to ignite , i wonder if the ignitor was built into the light sensor or what, some parts are rusty thru, prob have to clean them and solder them

Last edited:

Smoke68

I LOVE MY 70 WATT HPS!!!
I have no pictures to throw in right now as my camera got jacked.. but currently I have built a small cabinet (3ft wide x 1.5 ft deep x 32inch tall) utilizing my 70 watt HPS and 180 watts of CFLs in a mixed spectrum for added supplement.
I have used it for a couple of grows(mostly unsuccessful due to heat or security) and it still keeps kicking.

mrred, yes solder the heck out of those connections!!! There is much to be said about the inefficiencies due to faulty or hastily clad wiring.

As for how far the light is effective, that's a tough one... I would like to say in my own experience, that the maximum usable light is about 6-8 inches away...

Mk3Jetta

I'm poor and dont have a camera. Also I'm not even growing yet. But I am in the process of building a cab with a 70 HPS.

I just wanna get it fully stealthy(light, sight, smell) and have the temps perfect before growing. Dont wanna just jump right in, ya know?

Dont let amateurism get in the way of sharing!!!!! If you've got info on the 70w High Pressure Sodium lamps/setups,

POST IT!

M

mrred

i took the reflector off a 100mh i cant find a bulb for locally, its a cute little reflector, everything else i found laying around too, i'll most likely give it away or let someone borrow it sooner or later

mine doesnt have a ignitor tho, im guessing th wireing is the same a a mh?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
if you look on the ballast it should have a wiring diagram on it, and also you should get some wire nuts on those connections. dont wanna fry yourself. or get a bad shock anyway.

M

mrred

oh yea for sure i just had them like that because i had my doubts it would work, no diagram tho, right now its serving as a drying chamber, i'll clean the connections up good tomorrow and try again, i've wired mh(with cap of course) and hps's ballasts before with no cap but they had a igniter,

on the caps does it make a difference which way it goes? like a led?

Panconqueso

Veteran
Hello everyone

jonkanoo told me about the club and i would like to share with you some picture of my last work with 70w.

This one is a The church from green house seeds, worked whit LST in a 10 liter pot. By the way it seems to be the regular pheno (sativa dominant), this one yielded about 52 dry grams

And here are some pictures from my current grow in which i'm working with a PPPxTaskentixUzbeka and one Afgani x Ice, both strains from Conlarazon.

here they are two weeks ago

And here they are today, after one week of flowering

Well, thats all for now, i hope you've enjoyed it

Cheers mates

sirvis

Would be able to put hps 70w in PC Midi-Tower without CoolTube ? without having much heat problems? i can use bit more fans.

CimaDiRapa

Panconqueso great work! You stimulate my imagination with this pic.
52grams with a 70wHPS? Very good!!
How many weeks of veg had The Church when you turned her in 12/12?
Cheers ;)

Mk3Jetta

Would be able to put hps 70w in PC Midi-Tower without CoolTube ? without having much heat problems? i can use bit more fans.

IDK exactly what a Midi-tower is but a 70w HPS in a PC is very hot! I dont know if I've seen it done successfully but now would be the best time to try. Nothing like the present right?

Panconqueso

Veteran
Panconqueso great work! You stimulate my imagination with this pic.
52grams with a 70wHPS? Very good!!
How many weeks of veg had The Church when you turned her in 12/12?
Cheers ;)

thanks to you for your words :D

this girl had the classic four week of veg and 70 days of flower, it grew like a monster during the first two weeks :canabis:

Cheers mate