What's new

true breeding strains list

Azra'eil

hi,

im wondering since a few times what are the real true breeding strains we can buy in seeds form, iam speaking about inbreding works of course cause just only backcrossing don't create offspring that bred true. i have thought the idea of create a list should be a good thing.
i know sam the skunkman create the skunk #1 and that its an IBL.
from what i read in greg green's book :the breeder bible, hindu kush, afghani #1, california orange, northern light, durban, blueberry are supposed to be true breeding strains but im not sure as i never grow them nor i incross them to test the offspring so every opinions from more experienced growers/ breeders are welcome.
greats

az

edit : readable list :

Skunk#1
Hindu Kush
Afghani #1
California Orange
Durban
Blueberry
Deep Chunk
Pine Tar Kush
X18

Azra'eil

by the way, every growers interested in breeding should take a look at greg green breeders bible, i found its a good book, maybe a must to read with marijuana botany of course, cc book still THE reference...

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deep Chunk, Pine Tar Kush and C99...

Beeka

Cinderella 99. True Breeder. Its the f@cking holey Grail.

A grail? Oh Yes I have seen it and its very nice.

Azra'eil

thank you for the input guys, i didn't know c99 was an ibl, i believed it was a backross, i wish to grow this one but i missed the releases from both breeders who offered it recently....

IWanaGetHiSoHi

So you're looking for strains that have never been hybridized and not stabilized poly hybrids? Or do you want hybrids with the filial chain intact like an F4 Afghan/Thai?

Jones

... i didn't know c99 was an ibl...

Maybe that's because it isn't an IBL...
Outcrossing a Jack Herer (NL#5,Skunk#1,Haze unstable polyhybrid iirc) to a ShivaSkunk F1 (Skunk, NL) and backcrossing the even more polyhybrid offspring 3x to the JH polyhybrid doesn't make an IBL... Kinda obvious, isn't it?

Once upon a time Serious Seeds BubbleGum was an IBL.. no idea if it still is or if it was 'reworked'.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UK Cheese,, but it's a clone,, so Skunk #1 is next best thing.

Otherwise yo can place a spirit level over Growdoc's Angel Dust without the bubble slanting to one side,, except those two stragglers on right side ..lol

7253Ad0001.jpg

,, homogeneous is the word,, although the AD was bred for the medi. user :canabis: full props Growdoc :yes:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C99 IBL is NOT true breeding!!!

Let's get that straight before we continuing shall we... it has been in-bred for perhaps 3-4 generations ,, at very most!!! even then it's f-all like JH, or a homogeneous seed line!

It does however make some mighty fine dope smoking materials,, the seeds are as rare as hens teeth,, unless someone did another run! More fire to them if they did! :canabis:

C99 IBL [Zamalito]
7253C99nMint.JPG

Hope this helps :D

Azra'eil

So you're looking for strains that have never been hybridized and not stabilized poly hybrids? Or do you want hybrids with the filial chain intact like an F4 Afghan/Thai?

no, i just want to know what are actually the pure bred strains available in seeds form, i mean an homozygote strain who bred true in the offspring not just a stable strain for one or two traits.

Azra'eil

Maybe that's because it isn't an IBL...
Outcrossing a Jack Herer (NL#5,Skunk#1,Haze unstable polyhybrid iirc) to a ShivaSkunk F1 (Skunk, NL) and backcrossing the even more polyhybrid offspring 3x to the JH polyhybrid doesn't make an IBL... Kinda obvious, isn't it?

Once upon a time Serious Seeds BubbleGum was an IBL.. no idea if it still is or if it was 'reworked'.

that what i thought, c99 is surely stable but do not bred true.
ah yes serious seeds bublegum, i read its an inbred line with a little less vigor that other serious varieties, surely cause it has been inbred since a long time so possibly an ibl, i read simon has lost some of his p1 stock in a bust, if i remember well bublegum parents was lost or one parent, i have to recheck these infos....thank you fellow

Azra'eil

C99 IBL is NOT true breeding!!!

Let's get that straight before we continuing shall we... it has been in-bred for perhaps 3-4 generations ,, at very most!!! even then it's f-all like JH, or a homogeneous seed line!

It does however make some mighty fine dope smoking materials,, the seeds are as rare as hens teeth,, unless someone did another run! More fire to them if they did! :canabis:

C99 IBL [Zamalito]
7253C99nMint.JPG

Hope this helps :D

thank you docleaf, lucky men, your c99 bud looks delicious, i have never smoked some but i have smoked jackerrer and soon i will grow the mango haze, it will be fun i think :woohoo:
thanks for the input guys, you are welcome any time if you have more to share

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Plants can breed true for different traits, but if phenotype is what you mean. id say Sk#1 good bet, DC and PTK aswell. but Sk#1 isnt nearly as good as some other stuff around. Big plants sure...but not skunk at all. Master Kush??

Azra'eil

Plants can breed true for different traits, but if phenotype is what you mean. id say Sk#1 good bet, DC and PTK aswell. but Sk#1 isnt nearly as good as some other stuff around. Big plants sure...but not skunk at all. Master Kush??

yes i know, im definitely speaking about strain that has been slowly inbreding to the point of which many traits bred true, i don't know if there is any rules about the number of stable traits an ibl must have, i know you can true bred one or two traits ( maybe 3 ? i don't know ) with backcrossing.
im very interested in all sam the skunkman work, he is the pionneer of this "industry" , im wondering which other true bred strains he has created...
master kush looks an interesting cross for sure, do you know who create it ?
i heard dutchpassion masterkush is not the real deal and honestly i don't buy dp nor nirvana or "seedbank" like that, i try to buy to the person who create the cross...
thank you hindu killer

Hi there. I have some Original Haze * Skunk #1 flowering and they are truly exceptional looking almost pur Sativa plants. I have a pack of 10 of the Thunks Old School Thai Haze* Skunk #1 from cultivator's choice that I was thinking about doing a breeding project with making some f2's and also crossing with some other varieties. I have some pure landrace Mekong Haze from Delta 9 labs that are growing 12/12 from seed, should be some fine Cambodian Sativa killa deadly flowers. Regards.

Azra'eil

hi

so a little update, some true breeding strains(or at least strains who bred true for many traits) available :

Skunk #1
Hindu kush
Afghani #1
California Orange
Durban
Blueberry
Deep Chunk
Pine Tar Kush
X18
.................more to ad...................

Az