What's new

Strains with no tolerance build up?

wellage

From seed? Does this exist? If so, is it expressed in different phenotypes or is there a seedline that reliably shows this trait, low tolerance build up/low ceiling?

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
It exists trust me it exists. Look for longer flowering sativas. The equatorial, tropicals and exotics. I have found that the longer the flowering time the more complex the high, the longer the high, and the higher the ceiling. High or no ceiling strains are typically associated with the no tolerance build up quality.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I havent found any yet, most ive grown , and the list is pretty long , tolerance builds up within a few days to a week depending on how much you toke.
Honestly i think its very hard to find what you are looking for, if you have a high tolerance .
Where i hail from we used to grow mostly sativas, i guess youd call it the good old days, it wasnt that uncommon to find varietys with no ceiling as its said, nowdays they are very few and far between and i havent grown any variety available on the net that did the same job.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
it is best to have a few strains on hand just to help with this issue versus trying to locate some end all strain. Even if you found one you would get bored of the high,taste or something about it and want something different.

Just keep a variety and the ceiling is as far as you want it to be

grandsrin

High i m agree with C21H30O2.You had to find some old school sativa strain .You can have a look on ace seeds gear.Angola* thai , malawi* thai, old timer haze*panama, purple panama etc ....
Sam the skunkman Haze * skunk or thai haze*skunk some times take more than 120 days to finish and have a very low ceilling and tolerence.
Breeder choice have some very long sativa strain like, colombia, haze,etc ..
take care grandsrin

there is no such thing if you smoke the same strain everyday all the time you will build a tolerance to its cannabinoid profile at some point does not matter if its og kush or some super sativa. same goes for even bho i know from experience. i try to have at least 5 strains at al times and switch every few days.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
i disagree, i have had strains that i have smoked for months with no tollerance build up and i smoke a lot of good shit often.

NPK

The most effective way of correcting a tolerance build-up is to take a break from smoking. Not the most welcome news, I'm sure, but there it is.

The most effective way of correcting a tolerance build-up is to take a break from smoking. Not the most welcome news, I'm sure, but there it is.

No doubt about it.

There's nothing like a week or two smoking diminishing quantities of shake, stems, & seeds to refresh the palate, and re-set your "reality default".

Ulysses

DJ Short's Flo.

The tolerance build is measured in months of Sundays... You can stay baked on it all summer and it'll still get you high in the fall...

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Hes right about the flo....

also the cut i got called "barney" from nor cal in humboldt at the icenter i have cuts of that and its rediculous how potent it is day after day i been smoking it 1 1/2- 2 months now

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have at least 5 strains all the time when I get tired of one I smoke another. Make sure they are all head stash and you wil always be very medicated.

elfstone

Let's not forget, you can always up the dose. As Terence McKenna once said, "When in doubt, double the dose."

J

JeffSpicoli

this is why i would never be able to keep only 1 mom.... Gotta switch things up... (and i could never narrow it down to one favorite)...
Of everything ive smoked, its seems like the Chem D, P91 and Sour Dubble have the least tolerance buildup... Valley OGK as well.

Tarantula-1

There's nothing like a week or two smoking diminishing quantities of shake, stems, & seeds to refresh the palate, and re-set your "reality default".

I'll go you one further - I refrain from sparking up whatsoever throughout my grows. Three months or so of abstinence takes care of any 'ceiling' issues once chop-time arrives.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran

No doubt about it.

x3.

snooze

I always have to rotate varieties, but I find that the Kali Mist i grow is still better than most. very high ceiling so double dosing is effective and tolerance is a bit slower imo. But i've been smoking full melt kali mist bubble hash for a while now and it doesn't do anything to me but my friends get a real kick out of it.

DRorganic

Veteran
try kalimist,super silver haze or neville haze. you may build a tolerance but it will take some time. or grow like say c99 and a kalimist .smoke one till you get the tolerance then switch
but for me a good pheno of kalimist i have never built a tolerance to it it still puts my dick in the dirt every time i smoke it. 3 hits and that's it. i tried to smoke a hole j by myself and my eyes went crossed and i woke up the next day filling great. mind you it was a indaca pheno out of this strain. if you have the sativa pheno you will be bouncing off the walls like meth.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I have a strain called Bangladeshi from overgrow days a guy handed out to some oger's and they are supposed to have been bred for 25+ years and a true line or breed or whatever they call it.

A couple of guys grew them out and the results where showing but overgrow went under and never really got to explore.
It was supposed to be 8 hour high with bed spins and no ceiling and no tolerance.
The guy who was telling everyone about it didn't really have anything to gain because he gave the seeds out freely without agenda for everyone to try.

I never really thought about them till i saw this thread.
You have made me wanna sprout some.

Maybe there are some cuts or fresh seeds around.
Ive heard haze lineage is a no tolerance as well.